Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are YOU playing?

+22
Sonic_Raindoom
Jervill
Jacob/Lee
Andal
Johuotar
Loud Whispers
Gizogin
Debesh
Fniff
Sean Mirrsen
Emberflash
MC Dirty
tagg
Necro910
Zaerosz
Zangi
BowlSoldier
Kaijyuu
Slag
Flying Dice
The Master
Rozy
26 posters

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Empty Re: What are YOU playing?

Post  Flying Dice Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:59 pm

Slag wrote:Mew's a special event pokemon, are you one of the lucky ones who got one or are you playing a hacked version/ROM on an emulator? I've been playing the latter, got myself a Kadabra whose psychic powers (like all psychic powers in Gen 1) are completely fucking OP.
I got it the legit cheaty way.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Red_and_Blue/Mew_glitch

I wish the inventory wasn't so maddening; it was sort of fun watching it 1HKO absolutely everything like an anime girl with a hyperspace mallet.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6842
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Ahh, mew glitch, I've read about it but I never tested it. I've just duped master balls and rare candies.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5430
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 am

Same Razz Well and I had level 200+ pokemon.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6167
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Kaijyuu
Spells:
Experience:
What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue6/9What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:25 am

Okay, Silver and Crystal? Lolno. Time for some Emerald. Its not so recent that the mons aren't still distinctly animals. That, and Pickup. Fuckin' Pickup. Free hyper potions from grinding a single-digit level Ziga-fucking-raccoon-thing. They gave me a support mon that I actually bother levelling, for goodness' sake. The thing is named, appropriately, ITEMGET.

In other news, it appears that the game corner slot machines still cheat like a motherfucker. I've tested it with the pause feature on the emulator: they stop instantly for every combination except the third of the red sevens (i.e. the jackpot), which automatically does a slow-stop to two symbols higher in the reel.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:35 am

Kaijyuu wrote:Same Razz Well and I had level 200+ pokemon.

All the item duping and catching missigno made my save so crazy that all my pokemon were level ???, 999 and such. What are YOU playing? - Page 14 1603273400

Perhaps I should attempt to make some fix to my ds:s hinge so I could finish that emerald playthrough someday.

Flying Dice wrote:In other news, it appears that the game corner slot machines still cheat like a motherfucker. I've tested it with the pause feature on the emulator: they stop instantly for every combination except the third of the red sevens (i.e. the jackpot), which automatically does a slow-stop to two symbols higher in the reel.

Don't some of the machines have better odds than the others? I think that that was the case at least in rby.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5430
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Johuotar wrote:
Kaijyuu wrote:Same Razz Well and I had level 200+ pokemon.

Flying Dice wrote:In other news, it appears that the game corner slot machines still cheat like a motherfucker. I've tested it with the pause feature on the emulator: they stop instantly for every combination except the third of the red sevens (i.e. the jackpot), which automatically does a slow-stop to two symbols higher in the reel.

Don't some of the machines have better odds than the others? I think that that was the case at least in rby.

I've tested multiple machines in Red, Gold, Crystal and now Emerald. In every single one, I only saw that delay in stopping when I stopped it perfectly on the third red '7'. If you've got good timing, you can get into a rhythm and make any combo you want, except that one. They deliberately cheat to prevent high payouts, despite the machines supposedly being the 'high risk, high reward' option. Stick with card-flip and roulette.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:38 pm

That's actually how a lot of IRL slot machines work, not to mention some of the pseudo-arcade prize games like the prize claw. They intentionally cheat you.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6662
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue69/99What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:04 am

Yep. Shame the devs didn't also bother to duplicate the ability to drop a metal slug tied to a thread into the machine.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:25 am

I finally got XCOM to work, and played it for the first time last night. I was not disappointed. I'd say 10/10 so far. I haven't gotten to the later stages of the game, so it might change.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10944
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue9/0What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:27 am

I've gotten FTL, been playing it. I really suck at it, though.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue69/99What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:16 am

Slag wrote:I've gotten FTL, been playing it. I really suck at it, though.
Keep at it and you should learn to fail less. Also, Lady Luck is better friends with your enemy.
Zangi
Zangi
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 5602
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Sandy
Spells:
Experience:
What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue1/1What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:53 am

You know what I hate? Boarding crews. Because no matter what else you have possibly prepared for, there is almost nothing you can do against boarding crews except pray for the best.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jervill Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:17 am

Upgrade your doors to blast doors and above. Vent the oxygen in the boarded areas while keeping your crew in the medbay. When the enemies finally hit the medbay, they'll be weakened while your crew heals. Kill them.
Jervill
Jervill

Pony Pals : 5001
Friendship Lessons : 0

Pony Profile
Name: Jervill
Spells:
Experience:
What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue10/42What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/42)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kirbypowered Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:44 am

Yeah, blast doors alone are practically necessary in some cases. Fighting in the medbay is (usually) guaranteed safety too. FTL is loads of fun to be had, but I've been taking a break from it now (after many days doing little else but play it...)

Also, Kerbal Space Program anyone? My computer's too much of a piece of crap to handle it well, but I've still managed to get a few dwarfs kerbals into silly orbits (one actually around the system's star) or exploded on Mün. No luck with other planets yet, but I'm suspecting that that's due to massive lag during launch ruining efficiency.
Kirbypowered
Kirbypowered
Pony
Pony

Pony Pals : 4669
Friendship Lessons : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob/Lee Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:02 am

I've managed to put a crew of 3 in a permanent orbit around the sun, with a possible interception of Kerbin some centuries down the line... Beyond that, though, I need to do the tutorial again to brush up on what the hell I do to navigate in space. Save stranding kerbals in space, I've managed to do nothing but go into a small orbit of Kerbin then crash. One time I made it over one of the poles and popped my chute but it actually got ripped off the pod when it fully opened. My laptop lags like hell when I'm anywhere near the surface of Kerbin, too.
Jacob/Lee
Jacob/Lee

Pony Pals : 5051
Friendship Lessons : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Kirbypowered Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:20 am

Mmm, I've apparently become hopeless at rocket design at some point, seeing as the more I think I get better, the worse I actually do. I haven't been able to get the tutorials to show up anymore either...and yeah, being near a planet/oid really kills the framerate for me too. Main reason why I can't land on Mun. =/
Kirbypowered
Kirbypowered
Pony
Pony

Pony Pals : 4669
Friendship Lessons : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:13 am

Picked up Fallout 3 GotY Edition during Halloween Steam sale. Any tips for a first time player?
Andal
Andal

Pony Pals : 6046
Friendship Lessons : 17

Pony Profile
Name: Andal
Spells:
Experience:
What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue13/0What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jervill Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 am

When they tell you not to walk north from Sloan, listen to them.

EDIT: oh wait, 3 not New Vegas. Uh...try not to level up too much, or Deathclaws everywhere.

Last edited by Jervill on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Jervill
Jervill

Pony Pals : 5001
Friendship Lessons : 0

Pony Profile
Name: Jervill
Spells:
Experience:
What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue10/42What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/42)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:35 am

The very first thing you need to do is look up the glitches related to Operation Anchorage, then head there and do it. Few things are better than a set of nigh-infinite durability equipment. That, and it seems incredibly badass to, uh, do what you do to get it.

Then go to the Dunwich building and prepare to be disappointed by Bethesda's writing department when it comes to "horror".
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:28 am

M&B, because Warband is more important than writing papers.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:08 am

Flying Dice wrote:Then go to the Dunwich building and prepare to be disappointed by Bethesda's writing department when it comes to "horror".

I don't have to in order to get a "horror" experience!

I'm trying to play it with a touchpad. What are YOU playing? - Page 14 2372617550
Andal
Andal

Pony Pals : 6046
Friendship Lessons : 17

Pony Profile
Name: Andal
Spells:
Experience:
What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue13/0What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:12 am

Andal wrote:I'm trying to play it with a touchpad. What are YOU playing? - Page 14 2372617550
What are YOU playing? - Page 14 2na5gcp
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue9/0What are YOU playing? - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:28 am

I've had my own horror experience, although it wasn't a real game. I had a dream last night that I was a character in a video game where these ghosts up and took over a small hospital/office type building, and they were causing all kinds of terrifying shit to happen and were turning the building into their own little death maze, and you had to get from the top floor to the bottom to escape. I don't really remember, but I know I made it to the second floor because I proceeded to use an 'exploit' where there was a misplaced respawn point outside the building that you could respawn at if you got killed while hugging a spot on one of the walls.

The dream somehow then shifted to me walking down a really dark suburban road and finding one of the guys from the hospital 'game' feeding meat to some invisible but terrifyingly large and angry sounding animal. I immediately turn to the nearest house and hasten to where my suddenly-present cousin is waiting (I don't run for fear of provoking the creature) and as he closes the door I get to watch as the guy who was feeding runs up the stairs only to get snatched by the maw of a giant grizzly bear and, essentially, gibbed.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:44 am

Slag wrote:I've had my own horror experience, although it wasn't a real game. I had a dream last night that I was a character in a video game where these ghosts up and took over a small hospital/office type building, and they were causing all kinds of terrifying shit to happen and were turning the building into their own little death maze, and you had to get from the top floor to the bottom to escape. I don't really remember, but I know I made it to the second floor because I proceeded to use an 'exploit' where there was a misplaced respawn point outside the building that you could respawn at if you got killed while hugging a spot on one of the walls.

The dream somehow then shifted to me walking down a really dark suburban road and finding one of the guys from the hospital 'game' feeding meat to some invisible but terrifyingly large and angry sounding animal. I immediately turn to the nearest house and hasten to where my suddenly-present cousin is waiting (I don't run for fear of provoking the creature) and as he closes the door I get to watch as the guy who was feeding runs up the stairs only to get snatched by the maw of a giant grizzly bear and, essentially, gibbed.
At least you get something interesting. I just get random bullshit deaths like getting run over suddenly or something and then die painfully. That's not the entire dream, but every dream I've ever had has involved me dying at the end. Usually painfully.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:57 am

Many of my dreams see me die at the end. However, almost all of them have it pretty obvious that the entire damn world is warping around the simple concept of making my dream life as shitty as possible. Even my good dreams are wrought with paranoia, so while I'm lying in bed cuddling a satisfied, sleeping Celestia I'm constantly looking over my shoulder waiting for the walls to burst into flame and consume the room or for the house to start collapsing in on itself or for some invisible force to drag me away from the comfort of the princess's soft fur and to my doom.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum