Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

+25
tagg
acidbomb113
Jacob/Lee
Loud Whispers
roboboy33
RexMundi
Emberflash
Johuotar
drilltooth
Fniff
Necro910
MC Dirty
Kirbypowered
BowlSoldier
Armok
Rozy
Debesh
Slag
Dsarker
Zangi
The Master
Zaerosz
Kaijyuu
Sean Mirrsen
Flying Dice
29 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 26 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  Flying Dice Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:51 am

Heheh. Just finished the subtitling on mine, uploading it now.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6863
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 26 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  Flying Dice Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:05 am

Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 am

Kaijyuu, I still think you're taking it too seriously.

Well, the internet is SRS BSNS, but you're taking the wrong things seriously Razz
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5602
Friendship Lessons : 3

Pony Profile
Name: VIDEO NON OMNES
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 26 Left_bar_bleue1337/42My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 26 Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/42)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=54290

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:45 am

@FD Hitler liked Derpys new voice.

Don't like Derpy's voice or you're Hitler. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 26 2828631586

Good attempt, but needs a *bit* of work Razz
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 26 Left_bar_bleue1337/42My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 26 Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/42)

Back to top Go down

Post  MC Dirty Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:51 am

Good job, FD, but some sentences in the subs were way too long or way too short for the sentences in the video. Even if you don't understand a language, you can still tell where a sentence ends. There were some parts where the subs are like 6 words while Hitler talks for freaking ages.

FUN FACT: At the end, Hitler says "Tun Sie was Sie wollen." which actually really does mean "Do as you will.", so I'm wondering, FD, whether you actually know some German.
MC Dirty
MC Dirty
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5269
Friendship Lessons : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:11 am

Yeah, I know I halfassed a lot of it. Can I retroactively claim that it was an intentional artistic statement on the state of the fandom at the moment? Razz

And no, I don't know any more German than what I've picked up from random cultural stuff and eclectic knowledge, but I am familiar with the context and general dialogue flow of the scene (Hitler coming to the realization that his rule is over, yadda yadda, choosing to kill himself, telling his subordinates to do as they will).
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:16 am

What program are you using?
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10965
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 26 Left_bar_bleue9/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 26 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:56 am

Windows Movie Maker, because I hate myself.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:34 am

Flying Dice wrote:Yeah, I know I halfassed a lot of it. Can I retroactively claim that it was an intentional artistic statement on the state of the fandom at the moment? Razz

Stay classy
Spoiler:
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:03 am

Loud Whispers wrote:Kaijyuu, I still think you're taking it too seriously.

Well, the internet is SRS BSNS, but you're taking the wrong things seriously Razz
I presume you're talking about newfag/etc.

1) Supposedly the best measurement of how good of friends two people are is how much they can insult each other before getting offended.
2) The saying "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me" being bullshit.
3) My personal experiences with GIFT have shown me that people who act like that are anything but benign.

#1 can be crossed out pretty much because we're talking about people behind anonymity. It *may* apply to groups that know each other decently well (like here), but not places like 4chan.

I'll buy that the people throwing the insults might not really be being malicious. But, well, #2. What do schoolyard bullies say when confronted about their bullying? "It's just teasing, who cares?" The excuse of "the internet is srs bsns" draws from me just as much disdain, because it uses the same failure of logic: I don't really care, why should they?

Finally, I'm a bit cynical. I hear enough offhand comments along the lines of "what a moron" or "what a bitch," both online and off, to not really be optimistic that people are just "fooling around" when outright insulting each other, unless of course they know each other well. Most people are simply jerks, not seeing beyond their monkey sphere (or worse, not caring). Certainly, it's not really better in real life, being hidden behind courtesy and shit, but at least we can delude ourselves that people aren't assholes.

Back to ponies, people latching on to Derpy and making stuff like this does not surprise me. We start with a character who makes mistakes and is loved for it, not abandoned, insulted, or ignored for it like real people are. Then people identify with her quite strongly for a lot of easy to see reasons. Finally, the character's voice, name, and behavior are deemed "inappropriate" or "wrong" for whatever reason, the very voice, name, and behavior these people are identifying with... what the hell reaction do you expect?

While this whole debacle has shaken my faith in brony culture (love and tolerate), it certainly has shot my respect for Derpy through the roof, along with the Derpy fans who are rational and reasonable. I still don't really care much for the character myself, but I believe I finally see the appeal. I still like the new voice, I still prefer the name "Ditzy Doo," but sad or angry fans get nothing but sympathy from me unless they start lashing out at others (then they lose allll sympathy).

Random trivia: Of all the places I regularly visit, this one exploded the most (even though it exploded mostly at fellow fans rather than the change itself). The other places all agreed with me (new voice being good), were indifferent, or just voiced sadness/anger and left it at that.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6188
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Kaijyuu
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 26 Left_bar_bleue6/9My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 26 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:19 am

In all honesty, I went off a bit on certain parts of the fanbase because they keep doing this sort of stuff. Every time some tiny little thing happens, some minor change is made, hundreds of these jackasses freak out and start raging. There were fucking death threats made on one of the FiM team's dA account, apparently. This sort of thing isn't okay in any way, shape, or form, and I see no reason to not get pissed when people act this childish. No, scratch that. A child wouldn't overreact this much for so little reason. I'm willing to accept a lot of things, and I'm willing to tolerate a lot more. What I will neither accept nor tolerate is this sort of insipid, toxic stupidity.

And as an unrelated note, if we're going to get into the semantics of her name, Derpy doesn't offend me. The origins are relatively harmless, and fit her rather well. "Dizty" is an artifact of that nasty sort of creeping sexism that still lingers around these days.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:30 am

One regular on GitP said he was seriously offended by what was done, going so far as to remove his (or her, damn internet) pony avatar and dropping out of conversation for an undetermined time. Go figure.

I think "exploding" is the wrong word here. "Seething with rage" would be closer, because the ones exploding are still the minority, most are just angry. Most of the show's serious fans (as opposed to, say, bandwagon-bronies) can in one way or another understand the explosive reactions displayed by certain members of the community, and in general, regardless of what you think of Derpy herself, her status as the fandom's icon can hardly be disputed, so Hasbro doing what they did without any explanation is pretty much a dick move; that it had the effect it did is hardly surprising.

And by the way, no idea if it can be taken as true, but one of the EqD core staff, Phoe, did post on the GitP forums that the retcon was a Hasbro corporate decision. The sad thing is, we can hardly expect to hear anything from Hasbro itself on the matter. Well, maybe this year's BroNYCon will yield some answers at least. If it does happen, because at the current average rate that things have been going downhill at, I wouldn't be surprised that anything else important went to pot at this point.
(Yes, it's essentially kinda like saying that on average thousands of people die to meteorite strikes every year. But I still want to see the worst side of things, because, pessimist. Razz)

Also, while I can believe that there are quite a few people who would get obsessed with something to the point of fanatism, and lash out at the tiniest changes, I still think that a lot of negativity among our ranks comes from a very simple, yet too often overlooked source.
Spoiler:
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5208
Friendship Lessons : -7

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Necro910 wrote:Wondering a tad, what did you use to make that? So many response videos I could make.

Let me give you an idea:

"Necro, another forumgoer is irritated about running out of coal"
"Necro, someone is asking how to get a better deal at the trade depot"

My sony vegas pro trial time was over, so I used Windows movie maker. It was surprisingly fitting for the task.

Now I simply must do "Hitler plans to shout Magma" video. I downloaded the right scene yesterday but decided to use the original bunker scene instead.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5451
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Flying Dice wrote:-snip-

Trolling is at hand.

Sean Mirrsen wrote:I still think that a lot of negativity among our ranks comes from a very simple, yet too often overlooked source.
Spoiler:

Has no one seriously not seen this before -_-

Kaijyuu wrote:-snip

There is no real easy way to explain it...
Spoiler:
Insults on the internet don't travel far, it's a way of showing you still care :£
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:50 pm

I''m aware that some of the people who are screaming the loudest are trolls. That doesn't excuse the ones that aren't (and frankly, it doesn't make it okay for the ones that are).

In regards to the Derpy incident in general, here is my frank opinion on it: Hasbro overreacted, and probably shouldn't have had the changes made. However, after that happened, nothing was really damaged. The changes were largely superficial, and though some of the people who reacted badly were intentionally trying to portray the community in a negative light, a large number weren't. IMO, people who are going to react that strongly to something so insignificant, with absolutely no sense of moderation, restraint, or yes, tolerance, with no self-conscious joking involved, should take a long look at themselves. Some of the reactions I saw to this were, if they were at all representative of the state of mind of the poster, more rage-filled than I ever am for all but the most sensitive issues. If some people geniunely saw Derpy as a role model or avatar, and thought of Hasbro's mandated changes as an insult to her for being whatever they were projecting on her, fine, they can be insulted if they want. But just because one can speak and act from behind a mask does not mean that one does not still have responsibility for one's words.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Are we going to have episode next week normally? Normal time and all?
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Where to download the scene? My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 26 827707905
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 26 Left_bar_bleue9/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 26 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:45 am

Johuotar wrote:Are we going to have episode next week normally? Normal time and all?

Nope, the end is nigh, no more ponies forever.
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:30 am

Loud Whispers wrote:
Johuotar wrote:Are we going to have episode next week normally? Normal time and all?

Brb, going to kill myself.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Johuotar wrote:
Loud Whispers wrote:

Brb, going to kill myself.

I'm sure you could find a mass suicide event somewhere near you My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 26 591830264
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:08 pm

Find your local recruiting station nearest you!
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:23 pm

Eh, suicide is for cowards.

If you have to go, find someone who is partially responsible for something evil, kill them, and then try to argue that it was justified. If you get off, great. If you don't, you get what you originally wanted.

Not that I'm condoning murdering neocons anyone. So don't do eeeet.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Destroy half the town (Context heavy), and murder erryone you think deserves it. While you're busy dying from lead rain, shout something memorable!

GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Murder is good, and you get to end your pain in the process!
Legal Notice: Murder is bad, you'll get arrested
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:31 pm

Now I'm tempted to cut out part of that and post it in the OOC thread.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:39 pm

Flying Dice wrote:Now I'm tempted to cut out part of that and post it in the OOC thread.
The ADD thread?
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next