Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real-Time Forum Chat; Is This Plausible?

4 posters

Go down

Real-Time Forum Chat; Is This Plausible? Empty Real-Time Forum Chat; Is This Plausible?

Post  Emberflash Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:59 am

After some consideration, I was wondering if there would be a way to attach a community chat engine to the forum, so all currently logged-in members could hop on a forum-based instant message chat with every other online member. If that's possible, it'd be an excellent engine; if not, oh well.

So? Is this a feasible idea?
Emberflash
Emberflash
Oppressed Proletarian Earth Pony
Oppressed Proletarian Earth Pony

Pony Pals : 4700
Friendship Lessons : 0

Back to top Go down

Real-Time Forum Chat; Is This Plausible? Empty Re: Real-Time Forum Chat; Is This Plausible?

Post  Slag Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:08 am

That would be cool, I've seen a similar thing on another forum. The issue is, such a thing is usually a function of the forum itself, and I don't think that this particular forum has the ability.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6673
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
Real-Time Forum Chat; Is This Plausible? Left_bar_bleue69/99Real-Time Forum Chat; Is This Plausible? Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Real-Time Forum Chat; Is This Plausible? Empty Re: Real-Time Forum Chat; Is This Plausible?

Post  Flying Dice Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:43 am

After checking through the admin panel, I'm reasonably certain that we don't. Though we do have sort sort of tool for organzing RPs; a dice roll program and character sheet generator/manager.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6853
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  MC Dirty Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:07 pm

I've seen something like that (Shoutbox, to be precise) on the Voltronarmy and, to be honest, I doubt that it's a function of phpBB.
Then again, our Web Admin is really good at what he does since Web Developer is his job.

So, in other words, it's probably possible to add something like that to the forums, but it would just as probably be really freaking difficult.

Last edited by MC Dirty on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
MC Dirty
MC Dirty
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5259
Friendship Lessons : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:17 pm

Again, that'd take someone with admin powers and a much better understanding of how it would work than I do. Real-Time Forum Chat; Is This Plausible? 2293161878
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6853
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down