Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, the other forum is officially dead?

+8
Debesh
Uristqwerty
Slag
Zaerosz
Flying Dice
The Master
Sean Mirrsen
MC Dirty
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So, the other forum is officially dead? Empty So, the other forum is officially dead?

Post  MC Dirty Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:58 am

So, just tell me if I got this correctly: The board that was set up on proboards is gonna be scrapped now?

If yes, is there gonna be something like "Here be monsters" on this one? Looking at how many of the stories I've collected so far would not really have a place in anything but an 18+ forum or sub-board, I'm guessing that maybe.
Or maybe they are already there, but hidden from public view? I 'unno.

Last edited by MC Dirty on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
MC Dirty
MC Dirty
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5259
Friendship Lessons : 0

Back to top Go down

So, the other forum is officially dead? Empty Re: So, the other forum is officially dead?

Post  Sean Mirrsen Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:03 pm

There's the Everfree Forest section, which will contain all material above the threshold of normalcy, stopping just shy of the blatantly outrageous (i.e. Princess Molestia level explicitness AT MOST). If you can't see it, you need to apply for it in this thread and wait for a mod or admin to clear you.
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5198
Friendship Lessons : -7

Back to top Go down

So, the other forum is officially dead? Empty Re: So, the other forum is officially dead?

Post  The Master Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:16 am

Sean Mirrsen wrote:There's the Everfree Forest section, which will contain all material above the threshold of normalcy, stopping just shy of the blatantly outrageous (i.e. Princess Molestia level explicitness AT MOST). If you can't see it, you need to apply for it in this thread and wait for a mod or admin to clear you.
Whoa, whoa, whoa...by what you're telling me, I'm expected to moderate a place where a Cupcakes level of gore is allowed? affraid OUT OF THE QUESTION. Could you specify exactly what level of gore and stuff am I going to have to read through on a daily basis? Because if this IS the case, then not only do I quit, I am done with this SITE.
The Master
The Master
Subforum Moderator
Subforum Moderator

Pony Pals : 4569

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:49 am

The Master wrote:
Sean Mirrsen wrote:There's the Everfree Forest section, which will contain all material above the threshold of normalcy, stopping just shy of the blatantly outrageous (i.e. Princess Molestia level explicitness AT MOST). If you can't see it, you need to apply for it in this thread and wait for a mod or admin to clear you.
Whoa, whoa, whoa...by what you're telling me, I'm expected to moderate a place where a Cupcakes level of gore is allowed? affraid OUT OF THE QUESTION. Could you specify exactly what level of gore and stuff am I going to have to read through on a daily basis? Because if this IS the case, then not only do I quit, I am done with this SITE.

No, I set you up as moderator for the Games subforum, as that was roughly equivalent to what you were moderating on the interim board. You don't even have to see the Everfree Forest section if you don't ask to be added to the group for it, much less moderate it. I know I wouldn't ask anyone to force themselves to monitor that, and I don't think Dsarker would either. Not that there has even been anything posted on there beyond a few pages of discussion about how badly RD was or wasn't injured in the most recent episode.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6853
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaerosz Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:00 am

I wouldn't particularly mind monitoring it, to be honest. I don't mind gorefic very much, since it doesn't evoke a very emotional response from me.
Zaerosz
Zaerosz
Oppressed Proletarian Earth Pony

Pony Pals : 4835

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:
So, the other forum is officially dead? Left_bar_bleue10/10So, the other forum is officially dead? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:31 am

I'll go ahead and set that up. Not much to watch at the moment, to be honest. The only case where admin/mod powers for regulation should even be necessary is if we somehow attract people who weren't part of the B12 threads.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:37 pm

I think that would take a bit of a miracle.

Honestly, I think it's going to be just us few, maybe a few more who show up from Bay12. I think I'll probably be the worst person here and I'm definitely not planning on breaking any rules.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6673
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
So, the other forum is officially dead? Left_bar_bleue69/99So, the other forum is officially dead? Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Uristqwerty Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:33 am

Flying Dice wrote:... if we somehow attract people who weren't part of the B12 threads.

Bwahahahah....

(Just found this place, knowing nothing of MLP at all, because Fniff and RexMundi alluded to it existing on the BS12 forum. Then I read the last 6@50 pages of the most recent B12 thread and noticed a number of sigs linking here. Also, great job not noticing the decline back there, some people really don't seem to understand "how not to get a subject banned from a forum"; It's like you all forgot what various nonsense had become...)

Uristqwerty
Foal
Foal

Pony Pals : 4544

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Eh, I kinda had a feeling it was coming, and am now of the opinion that it was good that it happened, as things are better now all around. Except for me still being a bit pissed off over the sheer number of people who made false claims about what got the threads locked, despite never participating in them.

So, the other forum is officially dead? 3447603345
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Debesh Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:56 pm

Agreed. Now, we can do what we want, with who we want, without the risk of insulting Toady or anyone else who might be around. For the best, in my opinion.
Debesh
Debesh

Pony Pals : 4771
Friendship Lessons : 12

Pony Profile
Name: Debesh Unnos
Spells:
Experience:
So, the other forum is officially dead? Left_bar_bleue11/15So, the other forum is officially dead? Empty_bar_bleue  (11/15)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:36 pm

So is anyone else getting constant 504 timeouts when trying to connect to B12?
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  MC Dirty Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Flying Dice wrote:So is anyone else getting constant 504 timeouts when trying to connect to B12?
Now that you mention it, yeah, I do.
Hmm, I wonder what happened. It is the first day in a month, so... Hmm, does anyone know if Toady released a new version? Because that regularly crashes everything.
MC Dirty
MC Dirty
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:51 pm

Nope, no new version. Probably just the forums acting up again, happens sometimes. Just go to bay12games.com itself, it works fine.
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaerosz Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Guess the Toad must have deleted a big thread, that usually 504's the board for a few minutes.
Zaerosz
Zaerosz

Pony Pals : 4835

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:
So, the other forum is officially dead? Left_bar_bleue10/10So, the other forum is officially dead? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:01 pm

Zaerosz wrote:Guess the Toad must have deleted a big thread, that usually 504's the board for a few minutes.
I just checked, and the Toad deleted the second and third pony threads.
So, the other forum is officially dead? 523274923
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10955
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
So, the other forum is officially dead? Left_bar_bleue9/0So, the other forum is officially dead? Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  MC Dirty Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:07 pm

Necro910 wrote:
Zaerosz wrote:Guess the Toad must have deleted a big thread, that usually 504's the board for a few minutes.
Really? Oh, fuck! So, the other forum is officially dead? 2619870368

Well, I guess it's a good thing I already salvaged all the fanfiction and fanart I could find there.
And thus, about a week of work was worth it.

Edit: Wait a minute, the pony threads are all still there!
First Thread
Second Thread
Third Thread
MC Dirty
MC Dirty
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:43 pm

We can always offend the general Brony population. Take solace in that fact.
Zangi
Zangi
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 5613
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Sandy
Spells:
Experience:
So, the other forum is officially dead? Left_bar_bleue1/1So, the other forum is officially dead? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Pals : 5519
Friendship Lessons : -9

Pony Profile
Name: Dsarker
Spells:
Experience:
So, the other forum is officially dead? Left_bar_bleue99999/100000So, the other forum is officially dead? Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

https://mylittleponyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:04 pm

MC Dirty wrote:
Necro910 wrote:
Really? Oh, fuck! So, the other forum is officially dead? 2619870368

Well, I guess it's a good thing I already salvaged all the fanfiction and fanart I could find there.
And thus, about a week of work was worth it.

Edit: Wait a minute, the pony threads are all still there!
First Thread
Second Thread
Third Thread
Ah, Mmk. I punched "pony" while looking for subject titles in General Discussion.

The word "Ponies" threw it off
So, the other forum is officially dead? 191907979
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
So, the other forum is officially dead? Left_bar_bleue9/0So, the other forum is officially dead? Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:11 pm

The most depressing thing is, people actually like it. Well, going by the few comments there are, anyway. The star rating is a different story.

I guess this either proves that I've got a rare mental condition, or that the whole world is going in a southward direction at a velocity greatly exceeding my most pessimistic guesstimations. I suppose either is fine. So, the other forum is officially dead? 2372617550
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Sean Mirrsen wrote:
The most depressing thing is, people actually like it. Well, going by the few comments there are, anyway. The star rating is a different story.

I guess this either proves that I've got a rare mental condition, or that the whole world is going in a southward direction at a velocity greatly exceeding my most pessimistic guesstimations. I suppose either is fine. So, the other forum is officially dead? 2372617550

Sean Mirrsen wrote:the whole world is going in a southward direction at a velocity greatly exceeding my most pessimistic guesstimations.
THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Anyhow, I am glad I have new dark brethren.
So, the other forum is officially dead? 1216557912
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:14 am

Sean Mirrsen wrote:

You know what the really bad part is? Some of them want me to write more.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Pals : 5519
Friendship Lessons : -9

Pony Profile
Name: Dsarker
Spells:
Experience:
So, the other forum is officially dead? Left_bar_bleue99999/100000So, the other forum is officially dead? Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

https://mylittleponyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:17 am

That is a normal reaction to something you like - it's the liking that's bad, not the wanting for more. But yeah, considering what it took you to write that much... So, the other forum is officially dead? 38721203
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Armok Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:30 pm

I don't see what's wrong with it.
Armok
Armok

Pony Pals : 4946

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Armok wrote:I don't see what's wrong with it.
Ah, there you are. Adequately hardened person. You do have Everfree access, right? Go here, read the fanfic linked in the spoiler, and post your impressions in that thread. I'm mostly just curious to see different people's reaction to it. And before you ask, no, I didn't write it.

Last edited by Sean Mirrsen on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next