Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread)

+3
Jervill
Kaijyuu
Johuotar
7 posters

Go down

The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Empty The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread)

Post  Johuotar Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Have you been searching for the most fitting smiley to add to your post to elaborate it?

DON'T!

No more smiley tyranny! (If thats okay with you... The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 1342835135 )

Share your smiley problems in this thread.

This post would have gone into nonsequiturs but I just posted there so I wanted to make thread instead so the flood of important messages doesnt drown itself in wave of spam.

Last edited by Johuotar on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5452
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Empty Re: The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread)

Post  Kaijyuu Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:58 pm

Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6189
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Kaijyuu
Spells:
Experience:
The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Left_bar_bleue6/9The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Empty Re: The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread)

Post  Jervill Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:02 pm

The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 3349273258

But I like smilies. The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 1342835135

Oopsie. The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 1434226701

The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 917825377 It seems there are some smilies in this post.

Also, I'm listening to music. The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 3545898014

Of course, this might make Johuotar The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 756826730 , but no smilies make me The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 1010948761 .

The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 3249175268
Jervill
Jervill
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 5023
Friendship Lessons : 0

Pony Profile
Name: Jervill
Spells:
Experience:
The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Left_bar_bleue10/42The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (10/42)

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Warning: Pictures of gorillas may be posted soon.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10966
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Left_bar_bleue9/0The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:21 pm

This thread isn't anti emoticon, its anti "must have smiley in post or I cant post it" problem that I have. I am by no means anti emoticon person, in fact my problem is exact opposite.

Kaijyuu wrote:

So much this. And what if this happens? Frantic search for fitting emoticon or image from google.

But why? Why waste time to search image to explain what you feel when you can convey emotion in other ways.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 pm

Jervill wrote: The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 3349273258

But I like smilies. The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 1342835135

Oopsie. The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 1434226701

The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 917825377 It seems there are some smilies in this post.

Also, I'm listening to music. The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 3545898014

Of course, this might make Johuotar The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 756826730 , but no smilies make me The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 1010948761 .

The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 3249175268

The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 2991241577_1_3_U6k6IMdr
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jervill Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Woops, I misunderstood. I was just screwing around, no offense meant.
Jervill
Jervill

Pony Pals : 5023

Pony Profile
Name: Jervill
Spells:
Experience:
The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Left_bar_bleue10/42The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (10/42)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:07 pm

Massive offense taken.

MASSIVE.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6189
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Kaijyuu
Spells:
Experience:
The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Left_bar_bleue6/9The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:44 pm

The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 4079805108

The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 1454449624

The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 2293161878
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6864
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Jervill wrote:Woops, I misunderstood. I was just screwing around, no offense meant.
None taken.

Kaijyuu wrote:Massive offense taken.

MASSIVE.
Very Happy
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Armok Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:13 pm

I need a smiley appropriate for biting someone tongue of.

Johuotar wrote:
Spoiler:
Where is this from?
Armok
Armok

Pony Pals : 4957

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:
The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Left_bar_bleue10/10The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Armok wrote:I need a smiley appropriate for biting someone tongue of.
Are you biting someone's tongue off? Are you requesting a picture that is worthy biting down on their own tongue of? Are you requesting a picture of someone biting their OWN tongue?
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10966
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Left_bar_bleue9/0The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:24 pm

I just googled "No one understands me." The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) 2293161878
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:13 am

I for one have problems choosing the right emoticon out of the ones we have. Sometimes I feel that more than one emoticon can convey at least part of the way I feel, and it's frustrating trying to single out the most 'accurate' one.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6684
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Left_bar_bleue69/99The Battle Against Inner Mind (Former The tyranny of smileys thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:32 am

I tend to use emoticons fairly liberally because I see them as a(n admittedly inferior) substitute for body language, tone, etc.

In other words it is really fucking awkward to type out something to the effect of, "I mean this in jest." or "I'm seriously angry right now." for every nontrivial post.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6864
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 pm

"You killed my brother and this makes me angry."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down