Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pony stuff you're looking forward to.

+8
Blizzlord
Armok
Necro910
Johuotar
Andal
Flying Dice
Slag
Kaijyuu
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Empty Re: Pony stuff you're looking forward to.

Post  Armok Sun May 20, 2012 12:51 am

Huh? Ponies *are* the most dire responsibility I have. I'm to sick for school or work or anything.
Armok
Armok
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 4939
Friendship Lessons : 0

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/10Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Empty Re: Pony stuff you're looking forward to.

Post  Blizzlord Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:12 pm

All I really want is more well made youtube mashups. They tend to be pretty hilarious.
Blizzlord
Blizzlord
Foal
Foal

Pony Pals : 4388

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:44 pm

Right now, I'm looking forward to Sean Mirrsen's continuing work on the pony presents.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6666
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue69/99Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Slag wrote:Right now, I'm looking forward to Sean Mirrsen's continuing work on the pony presents.

I think this has been added to my list too.

Also, for "The Flight of the Alicorn" to be updated. I wish someone would pull together a group of voice actors and do a radio serial style recording of it, complete with old-timey radio quality sound and episodic style. Possibly fake ad inserts.
Andal
Andal

Pony Pals : 6050
Friendship Lessons : 17

Pony Profile
Name: Andal
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue13/0Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jervill Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:50 am

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually looking forward to the new toys. That Vinyl Scratch one is probably enough for me to brave the pink aisle. I need stuff to put on my desk anyways (instead of empty pop cans and beer bottles.)

Huh, we don't have a swag thread, do we?
Jervill
Jervill

Pony Pals : 5005

Pony Profile
Name: Jervill
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/42Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/42)

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:52 pm

I'm so excited and I just cant hide it
Spoiler:

EDIT: THERES A STRREAM TOMORROW PON-E3??! or some horseapples like that.

Going to play some Little Fighter 2 while waiting. (Best fighting game without ponies.)
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5434
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Woo the devs like totally leaked this awesome thing to me:
Spoiler:
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:42 am

Fighting is magic livestream right NOW! http://www.twitch.tv/manesix
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:14 pm

My fingers have begun to hurt after playing too much the leaked version online. I can now barely grasp Rarity, next I shoul probably start maining twi.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jervill Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:23 am

So...is it any good?
Jervill
Jervill

Pony Pals : 5005

Pony Profile
Name: Jervill
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/42Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/42)

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:06 am

Of course not, he was forced to play by blackmail till his fingers hurt. It was the most excruciatingly boring fighter ever.
Zangi
Zangi

Pony Pals : 5606
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Sandy
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:28 pm

It sees alright for a alpha leak of fighting game. (Im not usually fan of fighting games of that type.) I hope they can get proper release soon.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:31 am

... Oh hey.. I saw some of this earlier didn't I?
Zangi
Zangi

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:33 am

Eh, ponies are okay, but what I'm really looking forward to is more Necron fluff. I'm actually considering getting a Necron army now.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Pals : 5512
Friendship Lessons : -9

Pony Profile
Name: Dsarker
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue99999/100000Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

https://mylittleponyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:21 pm

Dsarker wrote:Eh, ponies are okay, but what I'm really looking forward to is more Necron fluff. I'm actually considering getting a Necron army now.

Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 286109242
As a former 'cron player, the new fluff makes me want to go slam my head against a wall. It is nothing more than the "Tomb Kings in Spaaaaaace!" version. I preferred the vaguely Lovecraft-ian, lacking-in-personal-identity background. Not all of us wanted individualized hero-hammer armies. They should've left the personalized, special snowflake shenanigans to the Space Marine players. But I'm a grumpy old fist-shaker, so feel free to ignore me.

Anyways, ponies! Looking forward to the new season so much now. It's so close I can almost taste it! And it tastes like rainbows!
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue13/0Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:42 am

Andal wrote:
Dsarker wrote:Eh, ponies are okay, but what I'm really looking forward to is more Necron fluff. I'm actually considering getting a Necron army now.

Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 286109242
As a former 'cron player, the new fluff makes me want to go slam my head against a wall. It is nothing more than the "Tomb Kings in Spaaaaaace!" version. I preferred the vaguely Lovecraft-ian, lacking-in-personal-identity background. Not all of us wanted individualized hero-hammer armies. They should've left the personalized, special snowflake shenanigans to the Space Marine players. But I'm a grumpy old fist-shaker, so feel free to ignore me.

Anyways, ponies! Looking forward to the new season so much now. It's so close I can almost taste it! And it tastes like rainbows!

It wasn't Lovecraftian in the slightest. They were zombies/whatever other type of undead is your favourite. Kill them and they just come back. How fun. And they want to destroy all life. What, like the Tyranids and Chaos?

Necrons used to be basically robot versions of Tyranids. No personality, no goals besides eradicating all life, no way to stop them. It's a lot easier just dealing with a mindless foe. Not as hard to adjust.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue99999/100000Pony stuff you're looking forward to. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:46 am

Dsarker wrote:
It wasn't Lovecraftian in the slightest. They were zombies/whatever other type of undead is your favourite. Kill them and they just come back. How fun. And they want to destroy all life. What, like the Tyranids and Chaos?

Necrons used to be basically robot versions of Tyranids. No personality, no goals besides eradicating all life, no way to stop them. It's a lot easier just dealing with a mindless foe. Not as hard to adjust.

This discussion is incredibly off-topic, but I'll bite. How closely have you read the original Necron Codex? Because eradicating all life was definitely not the goal. The goal was turning the sentient races of the galaxy into cattle to feed their eldritch gods. The 'crons themselves made a Faustian bargain with the C'tan, and it lead to their turning into soulless machines, whose sole remaining emotion after ages of enslavement is a burning hatred of the living. The Lords possessed enough strength of will to maintain some individuality, self-awareness and drive, making them darkly tragic figures. Together, the C'tan and the Necrons were a shadowy influence upon the history of the galaxy, of which few of the mortal races had any awareness. Some that found out were driven to madness by the scale and breadth of the hidden truth.

So, let's see. Eldritch gods, Faustian pacts, shadowy histories long forgotten, ancient, soulless, non-human monstrosities bent on subjugating lesser lifeforms, and madness due to discovering hidden knowledge. Sounds pretty darn Lovecraftian to me.
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:59 am

Point the first - Chaos Gods.
Point the second - Chaos Gods.
Point the third - Chaos Gods.
Point the fourth - Chaos Gods.
Point the fifth - Chaos Gods.

Noticing the pattern here?

The Chaos Gods actually fit Lovecraftian 'designs' more, because they barely even notice the existence of humanity.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:09 am

Hell, most of them apply to the Tau, too, when you count Commander Farsight. Eldritch gods perhaps not, but Faustian pacts, histories long forgotten, indeterminatedly aged non-human monstrosities bent on subjugating lesser lifeforms, and madness due to discovering hidden knowledge, check check check check.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:18 am

Dsarker wrote:
The Chaos Gods actually fit Lovecraftian 'designs' more, because they barely even notice the existence of humanity.

Except for the part where human emotions and souls make up most of their existence and power, and some of their mightiest champions are/were (post)human.

But yeah, they barely notice those human chaps.

In the end, big surprise, "grimdark" 40k is chock full of Lovecraftian horrors. Sure, Chaos, Tyranids and 'Crons can be viewed variations on a theme. All Space Marine Chapters are variants on an even narrower theme, and yet they are still absurdly popular, and a fair amount of their fluff is good stuff.

I guess I'm just upset when people don't give the old fluff credit. The new fluff incorporates some of the old, which is nice, I guess, but copy-pasted most of the "new" plot line from the WHFB Tomb Kings, which is my major issue with it. Seriously, replace "Necrons" with "Nehekharans" and "C'tan" with "Nagash", and the resemblance is uncanny.

Agree to amicably disagree? We are seriously derailing this thread.
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Andal wrote:
Dsarker wrote:

Except for the part where human emotions and souls make up most of their existence and power, and some of their mightiest champions are/were (post)human.

Incorrect - Old Ones, Eldar, Orks made up the majority of the Chaos Gods' existence and power.

Incorrect - their 'mightiest champions' are the equivalent of a cultist of Cthulhu. The beings that they champion do not notice their existence, and their 'rewards' are simply random.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:33 pm

Dsarker wrote:
Andal wrote:
Dsarker wrote:

Incorrect - Old Ones, Eldar, Orks made up the majority of the Chaos Gods' existence and power.

Incorrect - their 'mightiest champions' are the equivalent of a cultist of Cthulhu. The beings that they champion do not notice their existence, and their 'rewards' are simply random.

Orks fuel Gork and Mork, not (usually) the Big Four. The Old Ones are gone, one way or another, and the Eldar mainly fuel Slaanesh, as the Dark Prince pursues their souls vigorously as belonging solely to him/her.

Khorne, Nurgle and Tzeentch have all expanded greatly due to the teeming mass of humanity. The Gods do pay attention to the mortal realm, because emotion leads to expansion of themselves and their domain in the warp. They are emotion, the reflection of the wants and desires of the material world made manifest. Without humanity, they would be grossly weakened. To say that the rewards bestowed on Horus, Abaddon, and the Daemon Primarchs are purely random is a stretch. While that is true for the vast majority of the mortals sworn to Chaos, the greatest champions were hand-picked and guided to their fall.

As a side note, I'm not trying to argue that 40k Chaos isn't Lovecraftian. Both Chaos and the old Necrons have a Lovecraftian vibe, the former more along the lines of "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" and "The Dreams in the Witch House", and the latter more "At the Mountains of Madness" and "The Nameless City".
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Fighting is magic got C&D:d. Not unexpected but still feels like crap. What I cant understand why it had to happen near its release, its not first time project gets C&D when its almost ready. I think it was called Chrono trigger crimson echoes, it was C&D at approx 98% completion, making it very frustrating. I hate that this has happened again.

Oh well, I hope the devteam doesnt take it too badly, it's a lot of good work and time spent wasted.

Note to self: If I ever start working on something that could get C&D, I wont tell anyone about it until I got something to sneakily release to the interwebs.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Probably cause the big name lawyers the big companies use are trolls.
Zangi
Zangi

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:15 pm

Perhaps they feel truly alive when people suffer so they want to maximise it?

EDIT: - 5 friendship lessons, have I misunderstood them or something? Laughing
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next