Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pony stuff you're looking forward to.

+8
Blizzlord
Armok
Necro910
Johuotar
Andal
Flying Dice
Slag
Kaijyuu
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Empty Pony stuff you're looking forward to.

Post  Kaijyuu Thu May 17, 2012 6:50 am

New topic since we haven't had one in a while.

Any pony related things of any sort you're looking forward to? Fighting is Magic? Season 3? That pony you were promised for Christmas?

Personally, I want this:

I got roughly halfway through Skyrim before I got bored, and wouldn't mind trying again as a pony.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6171
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Kaijyuu
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Left_bar_bleue6/9Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Empty Re: Pony stuff you're looking forward to.

Post  Slag Thu May 17, 2012 6:55 am

I can't wait for my transdimensional wormhole generator generator to be complete so I can open a wormhole to Equestria and chill with the real ponies.

But, until that fateful day, I'd have to say the biggest thing I'm waiting for is Season 3, and if possible knowledge of whatever may appear after it. I'm personally hoping for a movie.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6666
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Left_bar_bleue69/99Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Empty Re: Pony stuff you're looking forward to.

Post  Flying Dice Thu May 17, 2012 7:05 am

But can you ride horses as a pony?
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6846
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Thu May 17, 2012 7:09 am

Season 3

This: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/257527888/bronycon-the-documentary

Some currently incomplete fics to be updated.

My lazy ass getting around to working on a fic that's been brewing in my head.
Andal
Andal
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 6050
Friendship Lessons : 17

Pony Profile
Name: Andal
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Left_bar_bleue13/0Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Thu May 17, 2012 7:16 am

Why couldn't you ride a horse as a pony? Admittedly, the pony would more be lying on the horse's back, but it would still work.

If you're talking about the alternate interpretation of 'ride,' well, I'm certain if the horse was lying down...
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Left_bar_bleue69/99Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Thu May 17, 2012 7:25 am

Slag wrote:Why couldn't you ride a horse as a pony? Admittedly, the pony would more be lying on the horse's back, but it would still work.

If you're talking about the alternate interpretation of 'ride,' well, I'm certain if the horse was lying down...

Or the pony had a box?
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Left_bar_bleue13/0Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Thu May 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Seems like standing on the horse's back with the reins in your mouth would be rather uncomfortable for long trips.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Thu May 17, 2012 3:41 pm

I imagine it'd work something like this:
Spoiler:
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Left_bar_bleue6/9Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Thu May 17, 2012 8:17 pm

The second picture is pretty much what I was thinking of. Also, D'awwwwww.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Thu May 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Hmm, Fighting is Magic? I dunno.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5434
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Fri May 18, 2012 12:01 am

I knew you'd guys bring up riding horses. I bucking knew it.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10948
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Left_bar_bleue9/0Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Fri May 18, 2012 12:12 am

Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5434
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Fri May 18, 2012 2:45 am

Glad I'm not the only one really hopeful about it. Also, 60,000 in how many days? Jeebus.
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Fri May 18, 2012 4:12 am

Fighting is Magic for sure. First fighting game I'll have played since... geez, Soul Caliber 2, I think. And all I did there was play as that one hill-tribe loli with the twin arm-blades that look sort of like police batons, and which have a proper name that I can't remember. That was loads of fun, too, since pretty much her entire moveset was about long strings of annoyance hits and it was absurdly easy to box someone against a wall and keep them there.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Fri May 18, 2012 4:14 am

Flying Dice wrote:Fighting is Magic for sure. First fighting game I'll have played since... geez, Soul Caliber 2, I think. And all I did there was play as that one hill-tribe loli with the twin arm-blades that look sort of like police batons, and which have a proper name that I can't remember. That was loads of fun, too, since pretty much her entire moveset was about long strings of annoyance hits and it was absurdly easy to box someone against a wall and keep them there.

Heh, I always played as Raphael and spam-locked folks.
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Fri May 18, 2012 4:17 am

Andal wrote:
Flying Dice wrote:Fighting is Magic for sure. First fighting game I'll have played since... geez, Soul Caliber 2, I think. And all I did there was play as that one hill-tribe loli with the twin arm-blades that look sort of like police batons, and which have a proper name that I can't remember. That was loads of fun, too, since pretty much her entire moveset was about long strings of annoyance hits and it was absurdly easy to box someone against a wall and keep them there.

Corner locking is the best part about fighting games. Pony stuff you're looking forward to. 114902366
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Left_bar_bleue9/0Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Fri May 18, 2012 4:20 am

Not much for the actual topic, but the arm-things are called tonfas. They're usually blunt (police nightsticks can be used as tonfas if you grip the small side extension and hold the longer side of the main extension against your arm) but there are bladed forms as well.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 18, 2012 4:27 am

Talim. Not that I played much Soulcalibur Pony stuff you're looking forward to. 2399354315

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Fri May 18, 2012 4:32 am

Necro910 wrote:
Andal wrote:

Corner locking is the best part about fighting games. Pony stuff you're looking forward to. 114902366

Even better when you're doing so as a snooty blonde dude with an obnoxious accent.
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 am

I'm very picky when it comes to my fighting games. I LOATHE the commonly used fake difficulty of making abilities hard to pull off (you should be fighting your opponent, not the damn interface). At the same time, I love games that let you combo and juggle.

So, MvC2 is probably my favorite fighting game. Not very many stupidly difficult button combinations to use moves, tons of comboing, easy movement. Skill comes more from proper timing and reading your opponent than memorizing finicky button combinations.
Super Smash Bros (N64 version) is a close second. Zero finicky button combinations to memorize, and some decent combo potential (with the later games mostly removed). I loved being able to juggle people with Ness using 3 smash attacks in a row.

Thinking about it, someone needs to make a pony fighting game in SSB's style.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Fri May 18, 2012 4:48 am

Andal wrote:
Necro910 wrote:
Andal wrote:

Even better when you're doing so as a snooty blonde dude with an obnoxious accent.
I never really played many fighting games, so I'm not entirely sure who you're referring to.

Still sounds bucking awesome. NORSE POWERS, ACTIVATE
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Fri May 18, 2012 4:57 am

Necro910 wrote:
Andal wrote:
Necro910 wrote:
Andal wrote:

I never really played many fighting games, so I'm not entirely sure who you're referring to.

Amusing, because it features Talim too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkjZxLiaje4
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Fri May 18, 2012 6:06 am

Andal wrote:
Necro910 wrote:
Andal wrote:
Necro910 wrote:
Andal wrote:

Amusing, because it features Talim too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkjZxLiaje4
Hah, I'd forgotten how much fighting games tended towards Chainmail Bikini and Breast Plate syndrome.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Armok Sat May 19, 2012 5:01 am

I'm looking forward to the perfect storm of helth, time, lack of distractions, and focus needed to watch the last 3 episodes of season 2... Pony stuff you're looking forward to. 1342835135
Armok
Armok

Pony Pals : 4939
Friendship Lessons : 0

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:
Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Left_bar_bleue10/10Pony stuff you're looking forward to. Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sat May 19, 2012 5:11 am

Throw off the chains of responsibility and watch ponies!*

*May or may not result in undesirable consequences. Kaijyuu is in no way responsible for actually using his advice.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next