Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Johuotar's inspiration thread

3 posters

Go down

Johuotar's inspiration thread Empty Johuotar's inspiration thread

Post  Johuotar Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:28 pm

Nonsense
Spoiler:

Writing help
Spoiler:

Inspiration pics
Spoiler:

Inspiration music
Spoiler:

Inspiration videos
Spoiler:

Other
Spoiler:

Ideas
- Ways for ponies to use weaponry. Mouth, tail, horn, magic and weapon mounts in armor.
- Setting is ponified 16th century Japan instead of Equestria japanified. At least for now.
- The "banzai" problem, fun or realistic approach. Banzai shout wasn't used in feudal times AFAIK but could be fun to include. Needs comfirmation whether used irl or not.
- Concept of honour important. Must research irl japanese honour system and create version for ponies. Tool to set change course of events.
- Honorable but meaningless death is still failure.
- Areas: Canterlock = Kyoto, Pegasaki, Edo = ???. (islands Kyushy, Hokkaido, Shikoku)

Notes that I need to decipher
- Peasants: Food level goes up and down, draft, rebellions Ikko-Ikki, Ronin, Build wall/disappears, job desc, "If we brought Lorn" WAT

Scenes
- Minor character daimyo defeated early, forced to commit seppuku. Possibly ironic twist later.
- Crossing sea scene. Leader incopentent and worried but symphatetic. Army itself well trained so failure result of bad leadrship.
- Battle scene, lightly forested with few small hills. Highly skilles veteran earth pony sword samurai on left. Right flank mostly earth pony ashigaru and this weak and gets overwhelmed. Disperses and runs uphiöl away from battle. Samurai earthpony sees comrades fleeing. Reaction X.
- Scenes of Daimyos and other holders of power discussing course of action. Nimja attack during one scene shows how others how others acknowledge one clans rise to considerable power and react. Outsode pressure grows.
- Intelligence gathering in hostile castle town. Pegasus patrols flying on skies above. Possibly magical powers used to evade patrols. Climbin up walls.
- Obligatory duel scene. 2 armies send champions to fight which decides winner of entire battle. Loser doesnt respect the deal. Winning duelist shot in the back, blatantly stolen of the trailer cinematic. Mayby not, to avoid too much plagiarism.
- Massive fleet burning, owner despairs on top of castle, watching.
- Pre battle speech which doesnt entirely suck plot. Like thats going to happen.
- Story follows multiple characters in different places. Most of them are family/friends/subordinates of one of the daimyos in the war.
- Random idea, the daimyo is SCUM and turns from semiprotagonist into antagonist when he's dishonorable/amoral actions are revealed. Duel with the real protagonist at some point. Overly harsh actions against noncombatants like burning whole city to dust or something. Loaylty to clan as samurai code dictates vs. different morals.
- Somepony blamed of crime, interrogation to get confession. Forced to kneel on sharp pieces of wood and heavy weights used to add pressure. At least that's the fate planned for the victim, but I'm not cupcakes stuff so last second rescue could be in order.
- Poet daimyos death scene, needs poem though if implemented. Loyal servant as witness of his last moments. Composes poem before seppuku. Bonus idea, servant hurls his masters head to the sea so enemy cant put it on pole or something.
- Steal events from gempei wars ending naval battle: Coward leader captired while others face death with honour. About to be excecuted along with his heir. Pleads not to ne separated from his son at excecution. Monk is called to calm him. Finally collects himself and prays. The samurai about to kill him swings his blade just as daimyo suddenly asks if his son has been killed alredy. Son is pleased to hear his father died with honour and shares the same fate.
- Similiarly, get "inspired" by that weird long siege known for its lack of dicipline and all kind of festive stuff. Full with water conservement, fake warriors in woods to confuse enemy and giant boulders rolling down cliff crushing attackers. Also, wooden bridge set in flames trap and bandit allies ambushing siegers. Also boardgames and ragequitting.
- Emperor is alicorn perhaps and attempts to return power back to himself and the court. Majorly messes up everyones plans, and nice way to add new twist which ponifies the otherwise very irl setting. Alicorn special powers suddenly play important role.
- Over zealous warrior wants to fight now and not later and attemps to acquire boat to make sneak attack on nearby invasion fleet currently waiting for morning (Takezaki Suenaga).
- 3 armies meet, chaos ensues.
- Allied clan attacks vassal, who do you choose?
- Army attacked with superior forces, defending army fails -> daimyos son dies and daimyo is gets heart sick of loss. Army manages to retreat but is hunted down and the second attempt at defense is even worse because of the leader being so distraught. (Too passive, Kinda like Theoden when under sarumans spell or the jerk from gondor)
- The fire lived, it hunted us like animals.
- The emperors status as god is used as excuse for further violence when it would not be required for peace/victory. Afterwards, Emperor keeps his status even if it was the thing that supposed to be gained, thus proving it was never the intent, only a way to reach other goals.
- Spellcasting failure results in goo. (wat)
- Spellcasting results in tk, healers have their hooves full trying to help the wounded.
- Never split the party. Different jobs, dead ends, hurry glory hunt. (Wat)
- Spirit traveling, possible or not, unicorn disagrees.
- Looking for answer from stars. (Something about "Jonoja". Wat)
- Master/subordinate: Master makes poem and commits suicide, head cut off to throw to sea so it cant be put on pike by invaders.

Last edited by Johuotar on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:08 pm; edited 22 times in total
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5442
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

Johuotar's inspiration thread Empty Re: Johuotar's inspiration thread

Post  Necro910 Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Go for it! Some of us could help you with your writing, or you could use thesaurus.com Johuotar's inspiration thread 2098691021
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10956
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
Johuotar's inspiration thread Left_bar_bleue9/0Johuotar's inspiration thread Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:54 pm

^

Also, deleted your duplicate thread.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6854
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:16 am

That duplicate happened because of internet connection problem induced confusion. I had written more of my inspirations and some actual plot related points and then ipod crashed. All lost. Oh well I remember all that stuff better now so I can write it down on computer tomorrow. Gnight.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:31 am

Typing on an ipod? Ye goddesses.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6854
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:23 am

I burned out my interest somewhat by binge studying a bit too much on 16th century Japan, but I've kept making notes. I'll probably watch 7 samurai this weekend, I've been looking to do that for sometime but I've always forgotten to watch it when I would have had time for that 3 hour monstrosity.

The concept has changed a bit, now it's more pony and less irl events and places. Instead of emperor living in Kyoto he lives in Canterlot. This means I'll need to come up with new places. I should go check out some map of equestria I quess. I originally thought of using real japanese names but then I figured out that the whole thing needs to be more "pony" so thats scrapped for now too. I feel I've read enough and I could start foing some early concept on characters, plan main points of the plot and mayby write random stories just to test writing stories in general.
Again on Ipod...

EDIT:

Old threads never die, they just fade away.

Only madman would try to edit that OP with phone so I felt like making new post.(It tends to crash you see.) I've never stopped thinking about this but documented progress has been miniscule.

Ideas:
No trademark infrigements. (does it count as fanfiction then?)

Setting:
16th century japan civil war + ponies + Original content for moldability

Chars:
Young high ranking samurai with huge task and danger ahead of.

Ghost of a war veteran attempting to show that war isnt that glorius. Survior of plot device level destructive spell.

Father, daimyo, distant and morally grayer, at least until the revelation occurs. Surprise surprise, turns out to be main antagonist.

Antagonist, for most of the time rival daimyo is the main antagonistic force. Not much thought given on him thoigh.

TEH EMPEROR, Alicorn, but more like powerful unicorn than god. Is puppet of others but makes a bid for power. another antagonist. Third major side in the war because all best things come in threes. No SPESS MAHREENS,.

The friend: Just someone to trust who isnt a crazed ghost sage. Lacks any real effort atm.

The assasin, who makes heelface turn and kills the one who hired him in the dramatic finale.

The author, makes poor attempts at editing his notes because phones arent suited for forum posting.,;::?#X

Last edited by Johuotar on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:31 am

Find the names of Japanese towns, and change them to poni. Pegasaki, anyone?
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10956
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
Johuotar's inspiration thread Left_bar_bleue9/0Johuotar's inspiration thread Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down