Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

+15
Dsarker
Blizzlord
Kirbypowered
Zangi
CreativityIsProof
Silfurdreki
Slag
Johuotar
Necro910
Andal
Zaerosz
Loud Whispers
Sean Mirrsen
Kaijyuu
Flying Dice
19 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  Jervill Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:50 pm

And then they throw us a gigantic curveball and make Pinkie Pie an alicorn. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 4083965216

Equestria would not survive.
Jervill
Jervill
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 5013
Friendship Lessons : 0

Pony Profile
Name: Jervill
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Left_bar_bleue10/42My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/42)

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  Necro910 Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Jervill wrote:And then they throw us a gigantic curveball and make Pinkie Pie an alicorn. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 4083965216

Equestria would not survive.
Are you implying Pinkie Pie isn't an alicorn?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 HeresyStamp

BLAM
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10956
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Left_bar_bleue9/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:41 pm

No. There is only one Alicorn. All Alicorns are that one Alicorn.
That Alicorn is Pinkie Pie.
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5593
Friendship Lessons : 3

Pony Profile
Name: VIDEO NON OMNES
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Left_bar_bleue1337/42My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/42)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=54290

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:16 am

Twilight is ready to begin her next level of study:
Revealing to Twist that she is an Alicorn.
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 What_a_twist

EDIT: Everypony is secretly an Alicorn except Twilight. She's abequine and Celestia's trying to 'cure' her. Background pony duplicates are the result of the magical disguises and every episode is an attempt to stimulate Twilight's underdeveloped Earth and Air glands but she wont stop using magic.

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:53 am

Everybody is an alicorn, therefore Pathos is an alicorn.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6854
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  XantalosoftheXanalok Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:38 am

This means that everyone on Bay12 is an alicorn by proxy.
DEAR GOD.

On an unrelated note, not sure if we're supposed to comment on fanfiction here, but this is one of the best ones I've read in a while. Very compelling degeneration there.
XantalosoftheXanalok
XantalosoftheXanalok
Oppressed Proletarian Earth Pony

Pony Pals : 5173
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Xantalos
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Left_bar_bleue10/10My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:40 am

A wild DSARKER appeared!

Go, BARDFATHER!

What shall BARDFATHER do?
>FIGHT BAG
POKeMON RUN
BARDFATHER used /TG/STORYTIME!

It's super effective!

Critical hit!

Wild DSARKER flinched!

What shall BARDFATHER do?
FIGHT >BAG
POKeMON RUN
Pony Forum used GREAT BALL!

Wild DSARKER was caught!

Do you wish to give a nickname to captured DSARKER?
YES
>NO
DSARKER was sent to the PC!
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Pals : 5520
Friendship Lessons : -9

Pony Profile
Name: Dsarker
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Left_bar_bleue99999/100000My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

https://mylittleponyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:51 pm

Well, watched the premiere.

First half was barely watchable, but at least it showed some needless courage from Shining Armour, which is always good. Sombra was...I dunno, evil, I guess? What I'd have liked to have seen is the black crystals on his horn start to grow, like the other Sombra effected crystals, and start to infest him, maybe with him being Sombra's dragon.

Crystal ponies were all earth ponies, but there was at least one yeoman among them (see S2E1, statue garden)...though with one of the least military personalities I've seen on a pony. Lances as well, though of course you can't have them as lethal as they were in reality. Having them be metal was a strange touch, but acceptable, I suppose.

Luna is noticeably smaller than Celestia, can't remember about in the other episodes, but Nightmare Moon was the same size, I believe. Artistic license, I suppose.

There is some reason to believe that the 'next stage of training' mentioned by Luna/Celestia are about becoming an alicorn, (Discord was defeated, two alicorns, one more popped out from no-where, none of them were around when Discord was ruling nor before the events depicted in the Christmas special) but I remain wary about believing that. There are arguments both for and against Twilight becoming an alicorn (Cadence was alicorn of Crystal Empire, re-appeared because it was about to arrive VS she's not a true crystal pony) but those arguments are still debatable and relying on facts we don't have.

As for origin of ponies, I would hypothesise that there were four groups colonising Equestria. Earth Ponies, Unicorn Ponies, Pegasus Ponies, and the Crystal Ponies. We cannot accept them coming in with the Earth Ponies (else we would have to explain why there are no pegasus nor unicorn crystal ponies), but accepting them as a separate species/race/type of being altogether is difficult. We know that Celestia and Luna didn't know much about them, but that they had a powerful magic.

My hypothesis is that King Sombra wasn't a unicorn to begin with, but another unicorn pony. He was corrupted by the dark side of the Force, and betrayed and murdered Celestia's and Luna's father something. If they wanted to do this, they could do a much darker serial even with this rather silly enemy, but that's not likely to happen. Now, with Sombra, it didn't feel like he was the threat. It felt like other ponies' weaknesses were his strength, and the threat he caused. Husband and wife team? Separate the team. Over-prepared application of theoretical knowledge? Dim that knowledge. Hell, they partly mentioned that he was still causing troubles even through Cadence's shield ("How could I have missed that?"). Willingness to use corrupt chi to defeat Sombra? It's a trap. Lack of awareness through tiredness from climbing to the Crystal Heart? Trap.

All that being said, he didn't feel like he was actually threatening. Which, I suppose, is good, considering what he was trying to do...but still...

Door thing was okay, but it was counting on a single pony getting through. It's also slightly interesting that he counted on an alicorn/unicorn doing it. A single alicorn wouldn't make sense, unless he was trying to separate the Sisters. Now, we're noting that this happened around the same time as the Nightmare Moon'ing. So he was obviously trying to wait out a siege and have to fight only one. Now, this is interesting, for those of you who thought that when Celestia moon'd Luna, she had the help of other bearers of the Elements. This is basically a tacit admission that the bearers of the Elements weren't helping Celestia and Luna kick butt. Now, we know that Discord had to pop up after Hearthswarming Eve stuff, but before King Sombra. So, here's a question. Did Discord rule when the Crystal Ponies were around, or did they come around later?

My headcanon for his becoming evil: Generic Evil Being (GEB) corrupted door A. Sombra was trapped by the corrupted door. When rescued by a retainer, all he could think about was what he saw - the destruction of the Crystal ponies (possibly by the Alicorn Sisters). GEB whispered into his mind about the destruction, made him paranoid. Eventually offered him magic to stop the Alicorns from destroying the Crystal Empire...the horn.

Attached to him, it further corrupted him, turning him into the villain we all know and tolerate today. Going on to the 'darker serial' theory, the horn attempting to corrupt ponies (Pinkie Pie Clone, Babs Seed, Trixie, etc) and make them evil, all the while Twilight is trying to find it and stop it, possibly with it trying to corrupt her, too. It could work.

I don't think the GEB is Discord. Discord is much too light hearted to do it. Discord is the MLP Loki. A cunning prankster, but never causes any lasting damage that doesn't bring about the end of the world.

Metatheory about MLP now!

The show is a soft-translation of the memoirs of the protagonist, her name rendered in English as Twilight Sparkle. She is writing her tale from hindsight, which is why we have the names of each pony matching their cutie mark. That's why there are saddles and other things matching their appearance on Earth. The real things don't actually look like Earth stuff, nor are they called the same - they are merely translated as such for humanity, because of our terms for the things. A hammer looks like a hammer because it's the closest human tool equivalent.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Left_bar_bleue99999/100000My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Dsarker wrote:My headcanon for his becoming evil: Generic Evil Being (GEB) corrupted door A. Sombra was trapped by the corrupted door. When rescued by a retainer, all he could think about was what he saw - the destruction of the Crystal ponies (possibly by the Alicorn Sisters). GEB whispered into his mind about the destruction, made him paranoid. Eventually offered him magic to stop the Alicorns from destroying the Crystal Empire...the horn.

Attached to him, it further corrupted him, turning him into the villain we all know and tolerate today. Going on to the 'darker serial' theory, the horn attempting to corrupt ponies (Pinkie Pie Clone, Babs Seed, Trixie, etc) and make them evil, all the while Twilight is trying to find it and stop it, possibly with it trying to corrupt her, too. It could work.

I don't think the GEB is Discord. Discord is much too light hearted to do it. Discord is the MLP Loki. A cunning prankster, but never causes any lasting damage that doesn't bring about the end of the world.

Yes, there does seem to be a running theme. Faust confirmed Nightmare Moon was possessed by some dark, evil force as well. I think we're going to have a season finale (maybe not this season's, I heard Season 4 was confirmed) that features this eldritch force.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Left_bar_bleue9/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  XantalosoftheXanalok Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Necro910 wrote:
Dsarker wrote:My headcanon for his becoming evil: Generic Evil Being (GEB) corrupted door A. Sombra was trapped by the corrupted door. When rescued by a retainer, all he could think about was what he saw - the destruction of the Crystal ponies (possibly by the Alicorn Sisters). GEB whispered into his mind about the destruction, made him paranoid. Eventually offered him magic to stop the Alicorns from destroying the Crystal Empire...the horn.

Yes, there does seem to be a running theme. Faust confirmed Nightmare Moon was possessed by some dark, evil force as well. I think we're going to have a season finale (maybe not this season's, I heard Season 4 was confirmed) that features this eldritch force.
I hope it's worth it.
XantalosoftheXanalok
XantalosoftheXanalok

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Left_bar_bleue10/10My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:26 pm

I'm going to reaffirm my status as believing these eps were the launching pads for something spectacular.
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5593
Friendship Lessons : 3

Pony Profile
Name: VIDEO NON OMNES
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Left_bar_bleue1337/42My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/42)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=54290

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:44 pm

Overarching story line? I can get behind that.
Zangi
Zangi

Pony Pals : 5614
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Sandy
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Left_bar_bleue1/1My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  XantalosoftheXanalok Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:31 am

If there is an overarching storyline, though, what would be the end villain? Anyone?
XantalosoftheXanalok
XantalosoftheXanalok

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:51 am

The daemon corrupting them all.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  XantalosoftheXanalok Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:11 am

What would the demon be, though? Mayhaps Tirek back from the dead?
XantalosoftheXanalok
XantalosoftheXanalok

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:41 am

XantalosoftheXanalok wrote:What would the demon be, though? Mayhaps Tirek back from the dead?
Batman, duh.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  XantalosoftheXanalok Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:49 am

Necro910 wrote:
XantalosoftheXanalok wrote:What would the demon be, though? Mayhaps Tirek back from the dead?
Batman, duh.
Batman is the ultimate evil?
I want to see the Joker in Equestria now.
XantalosoftheXanalok
XantalosoftheXanalok

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:53 am

XantalosoftheXanalok wrote:I want to see the Joker in Equestria now.
YES
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  XantalosoftheXanalok Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:57 am

Necro910 wrote:
YES
FANFICTION WRITERS
GO
XantalosoftheXanalok
XantalosoftheXanalok

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:33 am

XantalosoftheXanalok wrote:
Necro910 wrote:
YES
FANFICTION WRITERS
GO
ITS BEEN DONE! It takes a long time to get to him and he seems like an underwhelming, out-of-place character but, CELESTIA! The most recent chapter is complete and utter awesome because THE JOKER'S IN FALLOUT EQUESTRIA!

Though, actual Equestria... Would Pinkie Pie, the element of laughter, side with him?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:37 am

No, I don't think so. Tirek operated differently and had different goals. A reboot of Tirek, perhaps, but not the original Tirek.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:15 pm

I liked the episode. Nice one, overall.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:33 pm

Let's see...

Spoiler:
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:56 pm

Better than expected, to be honest. I rather dislike most pinkie pie episodes (especially season 2 and beyond).
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6179
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Kaijyuu
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Left_bar_bleue6/9My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 32 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next