Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

+15
Dsarker
Blizzlord
Kirbypowered
Zangi
CreativityIsProof
Silfurdreki
Slag
Johuotar
Necro910
Andal
Zaerosz
Loud Whispers
Sean Mirrsen
Kaijyuu
Flying Dice
19 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  Kaijyuu Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:36 am

Not bad, not bad.

Woo Spike!
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6183
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Kaijyuu
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Left_bar_bleue6/9My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  Flying Dice Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:31 am

So. Impressions and random thoughts as I watch.

-Luna with an independent personality and screentime? Excellent.
-Heh. Shining Armor got horn-herpes. Heh. He can't help Cadence because he can't get his magic to work. Heh.
-Pinkie has the Intel! How did they know she was a spy? There's no way that wasn't a TF2 joke.
-DID PINKIE JUST TAKE OFF A FLUTTERSHY SKINSUIT!? DEAR GOG IT'S TRUE
-Librarian is a master troll.
-So it looks like while Equestria (at least partially) uses a cuneiform equivalent, the Crystal Empire uses something closer to roman letters.
-Songs have been fun so far.
-Wait. You "lift the spirits" of the ponies to power the Heart, an incredibly important artifact?

THE PONIES ARE PSYKERS AND THE CRYSTAL HEART IS THE ASTRONOMICON.

-Shining Armor continues to have the Captain Obvious lines.
>Massive cloud of evil magic smoke rolling in towards the city with a big head sprouting from it.
>Shining Armor: "... The Empire is under attack!"
-Incidentally, it looks anything but imperial to me. More like a small city-state with an inflated sense of self-worth. Which was ruled by a king.
-Only (adult) male character ordered to stay behind and tend to the tired, injured Living Plot Device? HOHOHO I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE xD
-The castle has a Monty Burns-esque pit in front of the throne? We all know Celestia has her moon cannon, but damn.
-Doorway was a fairly clever idea.
-Woo, Twi learns a lesson.
-Spike is useful!
-Villain wasn't really a villain, just a ticking time bomb.
-Wait. When the Heart was activated, every pony (even the Equestrians) turned shiny and translucent, and looked sort of idealized and soft-focused. THEY WERE ALL DEAD.
-Celestia wants a self-sacrificing student willing to put herself aside for the "greater good"? Not manipulative at all, nope.

Altogether, decent eps. 7.7/10, would watch again.

Thought for the day: Twilight has a strong resemblance in hairstyle/color to a certain gluttonous goth-loli.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6858
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:51 am

To your thought: it's been noticed long ago, and there are a few pictures that make fun of the resemblance.

As for the doorway, I think it would make an interesting base for a psychological exploration fanfic.

The Astronomicon tends to damn near suck people's souls out. The crystal ponies seem to at least retain those.

Edit: Conspiracy Theory: The Crystal Empire is actually the pony equivalent to Heaven. The ponies don't 'die' the same way we do, they become crystal ponies and move up north.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6678
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Left_bar_bleue69/99My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:14 am

That last was sort of what I was going for.

But yeah, it's the fluffier and lighter version of the Astronomicon. Like how Celestia is the same of the GEoM.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:03 am

GEoM? Sorry, I'm not good at acronyms, and I've not heard that one before.

Also, what about Hearth's Warming? I think it would be more similar to the Astronomicon in that as far as I recall, the Astronomicon is not so much a relic as them forcing thousands of weak psykers to spend themselves to death to amplify the ambient noise of the Emperor in the Warp.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Left_bar_bleue69/99My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:01 am

God-Emperor of Man(kind)

Hmm, I can see that.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:22 am

Oh damn... ponies was sometime this weekend?
Zangi
Zangi
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 5618

Pony Profile
Name: Sandy
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Left_bar_bleue1/1My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:12 am

Yes indeedy!
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Left_bar_bleue6/9My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:41 am

Totally watched it... so... is it accurate to think that Cadence is the lost/deposed heir to the throne of the Crystal Kingdom or something? Cause that is where my headcanon is taking it.

(Honestly, I've pretty much discounted her as being anything related to the 'world of Equestria' before now...)
Zangi
Zangi

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Left_bar_bleue1/1My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:45 am

I'm still trying to pretend she and shining armor don't exist, as much as possible.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:49 am

Meh, at least Cadence is a tolerable addition if I consider her a lost/deposed heir. I still don't take kindly to Shining Armor's existence.
Zangi
Zangi

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Theoboldi Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:20 pm

So what do you guys think about the speculations of a larger ongoing arc coming this season? I know it's very tinfoil hat-y, but I kind of want it to be true. Oh well, this really isn't something I should get my hopes up about. Yes, feel free to call me crazy for actually listening to these theories.

Anyway, I can only reapeat what most people said about the premier. Mostly good, some really great humor this time around, although it was a bit rushed like the other two-parters. Also, Sombra wasn't used enough, though I liked his portrayal as having completly degenerated into a more of a mad force than an actual person over the time he was imprisoned. A rather nice antithesis to Luna, if I may say so.

Theoboldi
Foal
Foal

Pony Pals : 4376
Friendship Lessons : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:48 pm

All I know is if Twilight sprouts wings, I'm gonna facepalm.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Random Implications: Dark Pony Magic... it exists.
Zangi
Zangi

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:47 pm

I saw the new episode. It wasn't too great, a bit too hyped. Dark Lord Sombrero didn't get much screen time, but I like the concept of him being an insane entity after a thousand years of being trapped.

I agree, Rarity was giving off lezzy vibes at the end.

King Sombrero reminds me of a certain dark force that possessed people and wants to kill, conquer, and eat people's hearts

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 192

So yeah, I'm calling him Dark Lord Sombrero.

EDIT:
So, I see Gak has pony!r34 already.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10960
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Left_bar_bleue9/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 am

Necro910 wrote:King Sombrero reminds me of a certain dark force that possessed people and wants to kill, conquer, and eat people's hearts

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 192
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 D26
Found the crossover picture I was thinking of
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Left_bar_bleue9/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:44 am

Kaijyuu wrote:All I know is if Twilight sprouts wings, I'm gonna facepalm.
Sure looks like that's what is being hinted at.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:27 am

Flying Dice wrote:Thought for the day: Twilight has a strong resemblance in hairstyle/color to a certain gluttonous goth-loli.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:30 am

Necro910 wrote:
Flying Dice wrote:Thought for the day: Twilight has a strong resemblance in hairstyle/color to a certain gluttonous goth-loli.
Thank you! I knew something like that had to exist.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:34 am

I liked the new episode. Left a lot to explore. Admittedly, I like the episode not because I thought it was optimam maximus, but because I felt it was an unfinished cadence that would set the scene for something greater. I'm hoping the macroscale is going to be impressive - that the reason this was all too easy was because it was just that.
When you play the game of Poni...
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5597
Friendship Lessons : 3

Pony Profile
Name: VIDEO NON OMNES
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Left_bar_bleue1337/42My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/42)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=54290

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:52 am

Loud Whispers wrote:When you play the game of Poni...
Someone loses, and then someone dies.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:46 am

I think you're thinking of a different game, Necro...

I sorta hope you're thinking of a different game, because it would suck if somepony died.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:12 am

Slag wrote:I think you're thinking of a different game, Necro...

I sorta hope you're thinking of a different game, because it would suck if somepony died.
Starswirl died, otherwise Twi would be three feet or closer to him
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 30 677

Moving along, I'm calling Sombrero wasn't killed and he's going to be in that artifact Trixie was seen wearing. His horn was intact.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:35 am

You never know. Twilight might have a restraining order.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:01 am

Slag wrote:You never know. Twilight might have a restraining order against her.
Fixed.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next