Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

+15
Dsarker
Blizzlord
Kirbypowered
Zangi
CreativityIsProof
Silfurdreki
Slag
Johuotar
Necro910
Andal
Zaerosz
Loud Whispers
Sean Mirrsen
Kaijyuu
Flying Dice
19 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  Necro910 Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Dsarker wrote:Google Translate doesn't do the ancient languages that well. Partly because English doesn't equalise with them that well.
Well then...

I guess I'm not figuring this out then.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10942
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue9/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  Slag Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:30 pm

Dsarker, I'm pretty sure you're the only person here who knows Greek, and I'm only pretty sure it's Greek because a. you posted it and b. it uses Greek letters.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6660
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue69/99My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:39 am

Yeah, it is Greek.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:59 am

Well, if nobody really wants to...

So I said to her "You're evil!" and she didn't pay attention to me, just ran away crying. And then my brother said to me "Not an evil spell. Good magic," and my friends deserted me and denied me. I wept for my evil, and then she came back to me, and I made an apology, but she worked her evil magic on me and sent me down into the dead.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Pals : 5506
Friendship Lessons : -9

Pony Profile
Name: Dsarker
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue99999/100000My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

https://mylittleponyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:15 am

That makes a lot more sense. Since, you know, none of us know a damn thing about Greek.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue69/99My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:18 am

Dsarker wrote:Well, if nobody really wants to...

So I said to her "You're evil!" and she didn't pay attention to me, just ran away crying. And then my brother said to me "Not an evil spell. Good magic," and my friends deserted me and denied me. I wept for my evil, and then she came back to me, and I made an apology, but she worked her evil magic on me and sent me down into the dead.
Holy crap, Google was more accurate than I thought.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue9/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Wed May 02, 2012 5:06 am

So I wasn't too into shipping.

Then someone linked me a Blueblood redemption fic.

It was good.

Now I have been gorging myself on sappy, romantic shipfics for the last few days.

I can't stop, and worse... I don't want too.

Now off to read some MacDash.
Andal
Andal
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 6044
Friendship Lessons : 17

Pony Profile
Name: Andal
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue13/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Wed May 02, 2012 5:08 am

Read Special Delivery. It's got all kinds of shipping!
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Wed May 02, 2012 5:25 am

Slag wrote:Read Special Delivery. It's got all kinds of shipping!

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 2399354315

That was a quick read.

You tricky pony you. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 191907979 Like I said in the other thread, you have talent.

I thought this one was hilarious too: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/21647/...But-the-Kitchen-Sink
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue13/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Fri May 04, 2012 4:39 am

So has S2E25-26 become the new "this is why you should watch it" episode for anyone else?
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6840
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Fri May 04, 2012 5:12 am

I think it's just a little /too/ good for an introductory episode. You don't want them watching it and then being disappointed by everything else, right?
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Fri May 04, 2012 6:20 am

Err, not at all. The two new characters are flat, the mane 6 are tangential except Twilight, and in general it has little to do with what I consider the main themes of the show. TBH I find nothing really notable about it except the music and the high production value.

I'd only use it as an introduction to someone specifically interested in the music, since it has 3 songs and all of them are at least good.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6165
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Kaijyuu
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue6/9My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Fri May 04, 2012 6:41 am

It's much more enjoyable in the context of the show as a whole.

Also, why are there three of these threads now?

(Albeit two locked.)
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Fri May 04, 2012 7:01 am

The thread keeps randomly splitting.

As for the last two episodes, they pretty much created a movie sans the time they really needed to make a movie. It probably would have worked out a nice bit better if they'd had at least another episode's worth of time to fit everything together. You've got to admit they did a damn good job with what they had at least.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Fri May 04, 2012 7:24 am

Fucking hell, why does the thread keep splitting. Oh well, let's just roll with it.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Fri May 04, 2012 7:50 am

Slag wrote:
As for the last two episodes, they pretty much created a movie sans the time they really needed to make a movie. It probably would have worked out a nice bit better if they'd had at least another episode's worth of time to fit everything together. You've got to admit they did a damn good job with what they had at least.

This.
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Fri May 04, 2012 12:36 pm

I really liked the part where they ignored Lesson Zero.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue99999/100000My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Fri May 04, 2012 4:30 pm

Dsarker wrote:I really liked the part where they ignored Lesson Zero.

See, I really don't understand this particular complaint. Yes, after Lesson Zero they were supposed to pay attention to Twilight's worries, but in this particular case, she seemed -way- off base, and her behavior highly suspect considering her initial reaction to Shining Armor's news.

Sure Cadance's behavior seemed wrong to both us and Twilight, but remember, we're the only ones seeing each individual act all together, with the baseline of previous behavior to judge the current Cadance against. The rest of the Mane 6 had no such standard of comparison, and could write-off minor rudeness to bridal jitters. And Twilight didn't do too great a job laying out her case.
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Fri May 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Andal wrote:
Dsarker wrote:I really liked the part where they ignored Lesson Zero.

See, I really don't understand this particular complaint. Yes, after Lesson Zero they were supposed to pay attention to Twilight's worries, but in this particular case, she seemed -way- off base, and her behavior highly suspect considering her initial reaction to Shining Armor's news.

Sure Cadance's behavior seemed wrong to both us and Twilight, but remember, we're the only ones seeing each individual act all together, with the baseline of previous behavior to judge the current Cadance against. The rest of the Mane 6 had no such standard of comparison, and could write-off minor rudeness to bridal jitters. And Twilight didn't do too great a job laying out her case.

That was my take as well. Just because it is obvious to the audience that something is up doesn't mean that the other characters will notice it. That's the point of having a third-person perspective: it lets you clue the audience in on things without needing a viewpoint character to observe them.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Sat May 05, 2012 2:07 am

The point is that in Lesson Zero, who was acting really off-base? Who was acting insane? Oh, yes. Twilight. And then she did something /incredibly/ foolish. And then her friends see her acting in a similar manner. "Hey, Applejack, you think we should talk to the Princess about this? Or somepony else?" "Hmmm, nah."
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sat May 05, 2012 2:11 am

Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Sat May 05, 2012 2:22 am

Dsarker wrote:The point is that in Lesson Zero, who was acting really off-base? Who was acting insane? Oh, yes. Twilight. And then she did something /incredibly/ foolish. And then her friends see her acting in a similar manner. "Hey, Applejack, you think we should talk to the Princess about this? Or somepony else?" "Hmmm, nah."

Except in the wedding, she wasn't acting insane for a reason they didn't grok; they saw her as acting in a petty, ruinous manner for very, very clear and selfish reason.
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Sat May 05, 2012 2:26 am

Pretty much that. It was even stated: they thought she was being possessive of her brother. Literally the only person there who even knew about Twilight's relationship with Cadance was Shining Armor, and he was already under mind control by that point.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Sat May 05, 2012 2:58 am

And yet the point still stands. If you have a friend who is known to act in a particular manner before attempting to go out and (for example) go on a shooting spree, and you see that person acting in such a manner, do you stop them, or do you try and excuse their behaviour?
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sat May 05, 2012 3:17 am

How so? In LZ, they saw her go bonkers because of pressure she was putting on herself over something completely insignificant. If they thought that she was stressed about losing her brother, trying to stop her from worrying would probably make things worse, given how she is, and given that it would imply that Shining Armor isn't worth worrying about. Of course, that assumes that you are equating her behavior in here to her behavior in LZ, which it pretty clearly isn't. Not to mention that with the way Celestia (who is only her teacher and the single individual who knows her best in the world, most likely) acts as if it isn't of importance/is just Twilight being a possessive jerk, why would they think otherwise?
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next