Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

+15
Dsarker
Blizzlord
Kirbypowered
Zangi
CreativityIsProof
Silfurdreki
Slag
Johuotar
Necro910
Andal
Zaerosz
Loud Whispers
Sean Mirrsen
Kaijyuu
Flying Dice
19 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  Slag Sat May 05, 2012 3:19 am

The issue was that she wasn't acting in the same manner. There's a difference between 'I'm late for a report and IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!' and 'That bitch is trying to steal my brother, SHE MUST BE EVIL!' She didn't have any of the evidence of the mental breakdown from Lesson Zero or even... that time-travel episode, where she showed a nice bit of physical symptoms along with her raging insanity. All through the wedding preparations, she was perfectly well-groomed and was, other than yelling at Cadance, acting perfectly normal.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6631
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue69/99My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  Kaijyuu Sat May 05, 2012 3:31 am

The only part that didn't seem right to me concerning that was she didn't talk to Princess Celestia. Beyond her friends, Celestia seems like the first person Twilight would try to confide in. I wrote that off though as lacking in time to show a relatively unimportant scene that wouldn't of changed the outcome in any way.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6136
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Kaijyuu
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue6/9My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Sat May 05, 2012 3:35 am

The nice thing about it is at least if they ever do manage to make a proper movie, we all know it's going to be absolutely bitchin'.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue69/99My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sat May 05, 2012 5:31 am

If it involves four elemental crystals and a dark knight pony working for redemption, I will be unspeakably excited.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6811
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sat May 05, 2012 5:36 am

I want them to do something with Tartarus. You can't offhandedly mention something like that and not take advantage of it!
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue6/9My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sat May 05, 2012 5:50 am

I like this thread, it's very 'splodey.

Kaijyuu wrote:I want them to do something with Tartarus. You can't offhandedly mention something like that and not take advantage of it!
Oh, they will. They will. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 2752327810
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10913
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue9/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Sat May 05, 2012 5:53 am

I think if they made a movie based off anything it would be awesome. Hell, they could do an extended Very Special Episode and it would be awesome, if a little awkward. They could have Pinkie freak out about burning a cake and it would still be entertaining.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sat May 05, 2012 5:55 am

Slag wrote:I think if they made a movie based off anything it would be awesome. Hell, they could do an extended Very Special Episode and it would be awesome, if a little awkward. They could have Pinkie freak out about burning a cake and it would still be entertaining.
Burning a cake.

With sand.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue9/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sat May 05, 2012 7:58 am

Necro910 wrote:I like this thread, it's very 'splodey.

Kaijyuu wrote:I want them to do something with Tartarus. You can't offhandedly mention something like that and not take advantage of it!
Oh, they will. They will. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 2752327810
Nah. That'll be the bootleg 18+ fanmade version.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sat May 05, 2012 8:08 am

Flying Dice wrote:
Necro910 wrote:I like this thread, it's very 'splodey.

Nah. That'll be the bootleg 18+ fanmade version.
I shudder in horror at what it will contain.

Because we all know what it will.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Sat May 05, 2012 8:22 am

What does Twilight do in LZ? She develops an obsession with something that borders on hysteria. And the others say "Just Twilight being Twilight, nothing to worry about."

In the finale? She develops an obsession with something that, once more, borders on hysteria. And what do the others say? "Just Twilight being Twilight. Nothing to worry about."
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Pals : 5477
Friendship Lessons : -9

Pony Profile
Name: Dsarker
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue99999/100000My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

https://mylittleponyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Sat May 05, 2012 8:48 am

In LZ, she develops an obsession over an, objectively, trivial thing, and her friends dismiss her concerns entirely on account of that, even though she requires nothing but advice of them.

In ACW, she develops an obsession over a potentially major thing, and requires/demands quite a lot of others, in addition throwing quite serious accusations around. She is not dismissed entirely, but taking the earlier lesson into account, she is seen as obsessing over a minor thing and overreacting, in addition insulting a fairly high guest this time. From the others' PoV, their reactions are justified. They basically boil down to "Twilight, this is serious. You're obsessing over nothing again, stop it before you make a mess like last time." A more appropriate lesson would be the one from Swarm of the Century about listening to your friends, but the problem is that this time, everyone can understand Twilight's concerns, and see their own, plausible reasons for their existence. Heck, even Twilight is convinced she's wrong in the end.

Nobody listened to her because despite there being a potential for a genuine problem, there are completely plausible causes for what Twilight presents as evidence, and because she has a track record of obsessing over literally nothing. It's About Time, anyone? Combined with the fact that complying to her would create a lot of inconvenience for everyone involved, it's no wonder everyone shot her concerns down. The Queen's mind control over Shining was a definite help in that regard, too.
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5156
Friendship Lessons : -7

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sat May 05, 2012 10:29 am

Mmm yeah, just because they learn a lesson doesn't mean they're magically going to know exactly how to handle every similar situation in the future.

Twilight's friends did ask what was wrong. They did show concern. But Twilight exploded at them when they tried to give advice. I felt all their actions were 100% reasonable (barring, again, no one going to Celestia, the wise mentor figure who gives advice).
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sat May 05, 2012 5:32 pm

And again, when Celestia did react to the situation, they saw her treat it exactly as they had been: as Twilight throwing a fit because she was "losing" her brother. Twilight has a history of making mountains out of molehills, and there was absolutely zero indication that this was any different, with the added bit about there being an understandable reason for her to be freaking out.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Sat May 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Not to mention Celestia was already distracted by both the wedding preparations and safeguarding Canterlot (great job on that last one, eh, God-Queen?).
Andal
Andal
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 6015
Friendship Lessons : 17

Pony Profile
Name: Andal
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue13/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sat May 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Honestly, I'm liking the idea that she's just immortal and crazy prepared, with highly specific powers.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Sat May 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Flying Dice wrote:Honestly, I'm liking the idea that she's just immortal and crazy prepared, with highly specific powers.

I feel the same way. "God-Queen" is more because she's both a mythological deity figure, and an administrator, not because she's omnipotent.
Andal
Andal

Pony Pals : 6015
Friendship Lessons : 17

Pony Profile
Name: Andal
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue13/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Mon May 07, 2012 5:06 am

I've decided that I loathe Shining Armor.

Every time he opens his mouth I want to punch him in the face. Extra punches for "Twiley."

His attitude is just so... grating.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Mon May 07, 2012 5:24 am

His attitude isn't too bad. I admit I cringe at 'Twiley' but it's a lot less stupid than some nicknames I've heard.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Mon May 07, 2012 3:11 pm

There have been worse Big Brothers.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Mon May 07, 2012 5:33 pm

The whole mind control thing isn't explained that well either.

"So... You were cheating on me."

"Nope. See, she was a shapeshifter! She looked just like you! And er... Mind control! Yeah that was it, magic and shit."
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5550
Friendship Lessons : 3

Pony Profile
Name: VIDEO NON OMNES
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1337/42My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/42)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=54290

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Mon May 07, 2012 5:48 pm

You all realize that this essentially means that there is a date-rape spell. Da fuq.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Mon May 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Flying Dice wrote:You all realize that this essentially means that there is a date-rape spell. Da fuq.
Let's see:

Want-Need spell
Love potion that can be made by fillies with no previous experience
and a changeling's magic.

Mentlegen, we have breakfast ready.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Mon May 07, 2012 11:43 pm

Flying Dice wrote:You all realize that this essentially means that there is a date-rape spell. Da fuq.
You are just asking this now?
Zangi
Zangi

Pony Pals : 5571

Pony Profile
Name: Sandy
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/1My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Mon May 07, 2012 11:51 pm

I wouldn't doubt that the more powerful magic users could probably have enough magic potential to completely control another being without exerting a terrible amount of effort. I also wouldn't doubt that such things are the kind of stuff that would get a few ponies a literal trip to the moon or some other capital or near-capital punishment.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next