Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random non sequitur posts thread

+19
Andal
Debesh
Loud Whispers
Kirbypowered
Johuotar
Kaijyuu
Emberflash
Nighzmarquls
Jacob/Lee
Necro910
Flying Dice
Sean Mirrsen
Armok
Zangi
MC Dirty
acidbomb113
Slag
Zaerosz
tagg
23 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Empty Re: Random non sequitur posts thread

Post  Nighzmarquls Sat May 19, 2012 6:50 am

Necro910 wrote:
Kaijyuu wrote:Maaaan. You gotta like, lighten up, man. Now where's my surfboard and joint...
oh, i am sorry

AM I BEING TOO GRIM?

well that's just me.

EVERYONE WILL SEE THE MOTHERFUCKING END GOD DAMN IT ALL!

are you next? Surprised)

I make a habit of going over this lovely reality on a semi regular basis.
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 3447603345

I also consider ways to counteracting it or at the very least maximizing my goals in the intervening time...
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 2090344212

How grim are you again?
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 541529558

Nighzmarquls
Oppressed Proletarian Earth Pony

Pony Pals : 4624
Friendship Lessons : -8

http://nighzmarquls.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Empty Re: Random non sequitur posts thread

Post  Necro910 Sat May 19, 2012 8:14 am

Nighzmarquls wrote:
Necro910 wrote:
Kaijyuu wrote:Maaaan. You gotta like, lighten up, man. Now where's my surfboard and joint...
oh, i am sorry

AM I BEING TOO GRIM?

well that's just me.

EVERYONE WILL SEE THE MOTHERFUCKING END GOD DAMN IT ALL!

are you next? Surprised)

I make a habit of going over this lovely reality on a semi regular basis.
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 3447603345

I also consider ways to counteracting it or at the very least maximizing my goals in the intervening time...
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 2090344212

How grim are you again?
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 541529558
it won't happen in your lifetime

EVERY STAR, PLANET, AND BLACK HOLE WOULD HAVE BURNED TO A COLD END BY THE TIME IT HAPPENS, AND I KNOW YOU WON'T SURVIVE TIME

have fun.

GRIM?

i crave to carve every skull in the world.

EVERYONE IS A MOTHERFUCKING MONSTER.

they must be purged,

AND THEY SHALL!

h0nk
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10955
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Left_bar_bleue9/0Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sat May 19, 2012 8:17 am

If everyone's a monster, then monster's must not be all that bad. It means I know plenty of monsters and they're pretty cool.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6178
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Kaijyuu
Spells:
Experience:
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Left_bar_bleue6/9Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sat May 19, 2012 8:22 am

Kaijyuu wrote:If everyone's a monster, then monster's must not be all that bad. It means I know plenty of monsters and they're pretty cool.
but then again, you don't know my solitude.

HAVE FUN WITH THEM

monster Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 541529558
Spoiler:

Also, something hilarious. When I'm declaring heterosexuals monsters: "OH U". When I declare homosexuals monsters: "OH GOD YOU TERRIBLE PERSON"

wat
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Left_bar_bleue9/0Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sat May 19, 2012 8:25 am

Well, if you're feeling left out, don't worry: we'll be glad to make you an honorary monster! Maybe get you a badge and a sweet hat.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Left_bar_bleue6/9Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sat May 19, 2012 8:40 am

Kaijyuu wrote:Well, if you're feeling left out, don't worry: we'll be glad to make you an honorary monster! Maybe get you a badge and a sweet hat.
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 3222563248

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sat May 19, 2012 8:42 am

D:

Saddens my monstrous heart.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sat May 19, 2012 9:17 am

I'll be honest. I gave up on the whole "Life is meaningless suffering and nothing we do matters because entropy!!" schtick a while ago. Yeah, it's fun to indulge in for shits and giggles on occasion, but it is entirely pointless to try and base a life around despair. Nothing we do matters objectively? So what? Pick your ethics, choose your goals, and live for the sake of living. Nothing is objectively monstrous, and nothing is objectively divine. All that matters is perspective, and from my perspective, existential wankery of all is a joke or a mental exercise, not a philosophy worth pursuing. If I ever got to the point where I could find no reason to live, even simply living for the sake of living, I would kill myself. But I will never reach that point, because despairing over things beyond my control is a pointless waste of time. If I have the power to change something that I believe should be changed, I will endeavor to do so; if I do not, I will avoid pointless self-torment over it, and either ignore it entirely or work to gain the power to effect changes. There is true peace in moving past the realization that your life is meaningless to the realization that to be meaningless is to have no pre-established requirements or conditions, to be free to do whatever is in our power. In any case, the uncertainty of self-determination and the chaos of entropic decay is preferable to the security of Fate and stagnation.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6853
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sat May 19, 2012 11:38 am

My philosophy is that it's not how we shape the world that matters, but rather how we experience the world. All our efforts will crumble to dust, but at least we were happy/sad/having fun/whatever while we were pursuing them. That's what's important.

You can laugh at life's absurdity and transience, and go crazy, or you can give some meaning to life despite it being transient.

Have something on a more serious topic.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighzmarquls Sat May 19, 2012 12:45 pm

Who said I let the inevitable heat death of the universe get to me?
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 1603273400

Striving against entropy is about as good a meaning to take in life as any other.
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 917825377

Nighzmarquls

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Sat May 19, 2012 2:16 pm

i crave to carve every skull in the world.
It's actually quite a rewarding hobby really...
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5592
Friendship Lessons : 3

Pony Profile
Name: VIDEO NON OMNES
Spells:
Experience:
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Left_bar_bleue1337/42Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/42)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=54290

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Sat May 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Nighzmarquls wrote:inevitable heat death of the universe

>Implying someone actually knows whats hoing to happen to the universe.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5441
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sat May 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Johuotar wrote:
Nighzmarquls wrote:inevitable heat death of the universe

>Implying someone actually knows whats hoing to happen to the universe.

Going by current understanding of physics, yeah, we sort of do.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Sat May 19, 2012 5:59 pm

"Many possible fates are predicted by rival scientific theories, including futures of both finite and infinite duration."

So we have many people claiming different things, so I dont really think we know at large. Of course you can believe in one theory if you feel its the right one. But I just think no one really knows.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sat May 19, 2012 6:09 pm

Very little in science is hard fact; that list of hypotheses represents the most common informed ideas on what could happen, each dependent on a different set of hypothetical conditions. So yes, we do know, inasmuch that we have a number of viable models and are waiting for sufficient data to reach a new conclusion (though heat death was and is the most commonly accepted of those).
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Sat May 19, 2012 7:28 pm

I just found it annoying how some theory like that is taken like "This is how things are" and not "This is most likely scenario"

If you say thats commonly accepted theory (which I didnt know) then I'll go with that as what probably happens though.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sat May 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Thing is, if you're talking about things from a scientific perspective, that degree of uncertainty is implied. Also, insert grumbling about religious types who want their babbling to be equated with scientific investigation without needing to, say, apply proper rigor or base conclusions on a preponderance of factual evidence.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighzmarquls Sat May 19, 2012 9:55 pm

Johuotar wrote:I just found it annoying how some theory like that is taken like "This is how things are" and not "This is most likely scenario"

If you say thats commonly accepted theory (which I didnt know) then I'll go with that as what probably happens though.

To be fair at the upper ends of the predictions we have quite a bit of stretching room.
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 1168326152

'complete' heat death is still semi-controversial...
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 3909362050

Depending on how inflation works out we might ultimately have an eternal state transition border from 'nearly zero photon density' and 'slightly more photon density' that some clever future beings could run themselves on FOREVER (but at a gradually slowing pace).
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 3349273258

and the exact specifics of when events are likely to occur is also not yet known to high precision...
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 1853063028

For example if protons don't decay we might be able to manage to have something like traditional matter to compute on for another 10^27 more years to mess around 'thinking' (on some bizarre and alien data construct comparable to the internet) before attrition gets it all sucked into black holes...
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 2828631586

The big environmental concern of that 'day' would probably be conserving the matter objects in usable clusters of orbiting machinery that don't either fall into black holes (beyond those needed to shed off some delicious gamma rays) or get tossed out of our black hole 'galaxy' at irretrievable speeds.
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 3347230549

However unless you end up overturning some pretty thoroughly verified observations the stellar period we enjoy has a finite shelf life that is GOING TO END.
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 2263742570

And sadly there is probably only enough time left in it that by current basis of habitable zones that if sentient beings only happen one to a galaxy cluster end to end from one another (another starts from scratch after the last one ends) there are likely only going to be a few dozen civilizations before its not 'possible' for solar systems like our own to form ever again.
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 3347230549

So by all observations life of the kind that is reading these words right now is probably one of the rarest and more precious phenomena in the entire universe.
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 806636953

Nighzmarquls

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sat May 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Due to hawking radiation, black holes would cease to exist eventually as well. Though the number of years for that to happen is an impossibly high number, way higher than the rest of the heat death stuff.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sat May 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Necromon

Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Backpain-1292835351
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Sat May 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Mankind transitioning into internet.

Cool.
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5592
Friendship Lessons : 3

Pony Profile
Name: VIDEO NON OMNES
Spells:
Experience:
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Left_bar_bleue1337/42Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/42)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=54290

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighzmarquls Sat May 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Kaijyuu wrote:Due to hawking radiation, black holes would cease to exist eventually as well. Though the number of years for that to happen is an impossibly high number, way higher than the rest of the heat death stuff.

Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 3998908174
Actually the photon transition thing due to inflation happens after all the black holes dissolve...

At that point the universe is so cold that a human body would be comparable to a gamma ray burster by comparison in energetic objects.
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 1671754595

It will be VERY COLD
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 1454449624

Nighzmarquls

Back to top Go down

Post  Armok Sun May 20, 2012 12:45 am

Necro910 & Nighzmarquls wrote:[who is the most grim competition!]

Bitch, please. Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 1168326152
Armok
Armok
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 4946
Friendship Lessons : 0

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Left_bar_bleue10/10Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sun May 20, 2012 12:55 am

Armok wrote:
Necro910 & Nighzmarquls wrote:[who is the most grim competition!]

Bitch, please. Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 34 1168326152
In English, please?
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Sun May 20, 2012 1:10 am

Flying Dice wrote:Also, insert grumbling about religious types who want their babbling to be equated with scientific investigation without needing to, say, apply proper rigor or base conclusions on a preponderance of factual evidence.

I would do that too but I usually avoid talking about religion like plague.

nightmarqulz wrote:-snip-

What Im thinking when I read that: "How did I, who has failed almost every math test ever and never read any but mandatory physics courses end up in forum full of goddamn rocket scientist?"

Perhaps I should avoid this topic like plague too. This stuffs going way over my head.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next