Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random non sequitur posts thread

+19
Andal
Debesh
Loud Whispers
Kirbypowered
Johuotar
Kaijyuu
Emberflash
Nighzmarquls
Jacob/Lee
Necro910
Flying Dice
Sean Mirrsen
Armok
Zangi
MC Dirty
acidbomb113
Slag
Zaerosz
tagg
23 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Random non sequitur posts thread

Post  Johuotar Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:58 pm

I owned Aurora installation, so now the important question. Is there a pony mod? Though I feel that in game of this kind of graphical level only pony portrait pack would be needed.

Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 983518067
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5429
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Random non sequitur posts thread

Post  Flying Dice Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:09 pm

As I recall, it isn't very difficult to import images for races, ships (that is, the ship symbol in the galactic map), system bodies. You should be able to just drop the ones you want into the relevant folders and start a game.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6841
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  tagg Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:35 am

In Firefox and Opera you can double click on the tab bar (not on a tab itself) and it will open a new blank tab.
Shift-escape brings up a task manager for the different Chrome processes.
Copa de Oro liquor is nearly indistinguishable from Kahlua but costs half as much.
tagg
tagg
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 4922
Friendship Lessons : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:36 am

tagg wrote:In Firefox and Opera you can double click on the tab bar (not on a tab itself) and it will open a new blank tab.
Copa de Oro liquor is nearly indistinguishable from Kahlua but costs half as much.
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 3a0
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10943
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue9/0Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaerosz Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:27 am

Necro910 wrote:
tagg wrote:In Firefox and Opera you can double click on the tab bar (not on a tab itself) and it will open a new blank tab.
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 3a0
what the ffffffff

That guy on the right with the really dark eyebrows looks very, very, very similar to a guy I went to school with. The girl stuck to his face, however, is a complete unknown.
Zaerosz
Zaerosz
Oppressed Proletarian Earth Pony

Pony Pals : 4823

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue10/10Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:18 am

Well, since this is a thread about randomness, here, have some from my proud town of Tolyatti.

We have an amusement park here, which was, by some incomprehensible logic, called "Funny Park", probably intending the meaning of "A park where you can have fun". The problem lies in the fact that we're in Russia, and "Funny" is pronounced and subsequently written as "Фанни", i.e. transforming the "u" into an "a". For some reason, the intricacies of this pronunciation have completely slipped the minds of the people behind that name for the park. Therefore, it came as little enough surprise that the people behind the creation of the park's website have completely disregarded those intricacies as well. The result, however...

http://www.fanny-park.ru/

Yep.
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 1324820324
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5186
Friendship Lessons : -7

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:11 pm

They probably used google translate or something and changed 'Amusement' into 'Funny'. Anyhow, that's pretty fanny.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue9/0Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:34 pm

It would be alright if it were just a typo, these are a dime a dozen around these parts (though more like a dime a billion). There's a particularly memorable instance of a coffee mug with a horribly mistranslated picture on it, of some scene set at a studio (i.e. where a movie would be made), and there's a man shouting what would be the equivalent of a "lights, camera, action!" (in english), except in russian the phrase goes "lights, camera, motor!", and whoever translated the thing thought nothing of having to type out "internal combustion engine" into the small space allotted for the phrase. Yeah.

Irregardless, the whole thing with the "fanny" park wouldn't be nearly as bad if it were some other word... As it is, the saying that "everything in Russia is done as if through the ass" seems all too true.
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaerosz Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:11 am

Yet another bay12 pony thread crashes and burns.

It's kind of sad to see not only how much hate bronies get, but how much the community has brought on itself.
Zaerosz
Zaerosz

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue10/10Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 am

Dunno why it was locked. Seemed fine to me.

The one linking to ancient threads actually got slightly heated.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6166
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Kaijyuu
Spells:
Experience:
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue6/9Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:44 am

Zaerosz wrote:Yet another bay12 pony thread crashes and burns.

It's kind of sad to see not only how much hate bronies get, but how much the community has brought on itself.

Wait, what thread was this?
Andal
Andal

Pony Pals : 6045
Friendship Lessons : 17

Pony Profile
Name: Andal
Spells:
Experience:
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue13/0Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaerosz Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:46 am

Zaerosz
Zaerosz

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:56 am

Zaerosz wrote:This one.

Eh, not surprised it was locked. Pretty much a pointless spam thread having absolutely nothing related to Fortress Mode.

Still puzzles me why the "Count to 25" thread was locked, as it had pretty much cooled down, and was hardly more spammy than half of the other threads in the Forum Games section. Probably report-spam early on. Whatever, Bay12 ain't gonna be free of us no matter how hard they try.
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue13/0Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:23 am

Well, to be perfectly fair, that particular thread was simply too spammy overall. These "count to 50 before someone with a pony avatar comes" threads are simply ridiculous spamfests disguised as a forum game. The one over at GitP is on to its seventh iteration since November, just shy of 11000 posts total.
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:33 am

Sean Mirrsen wrote:Well, to be perfectly fair, that particular thread was simply too spammy overall. These "count to 50 before someone with a pony avatar comes" threads are simply ridiculous spamfests disguised as a forum game. The one over at GitP is on to its seventh iteration since November, just shy of 11000 posts total.

And "Rate the Avatar Above You" stuff is any better? Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 2293161878

It really doesn't bug me though. I found it more odd that Toady was so slow on the draw.
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:56 am

I at least try to have fun with those threads rather than just posting numbers or fractions and nothing else.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue6/9Random non sequitur posts thread - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:02 pm

I take those threads very seriously.

Now, question. How do I get rid bad smell caused by garlic? Please help me internet, youre my only hope.

Edit: Im never eating that pizza with garlic again. Im supposed to sit in car with 4 other guys for 3 hours soon and my vreath smell disgusting. This will be fun.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5429
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaerosz Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:42 am

Mouthwash, toothbrushing, chewing gum. One of those breath spray things if you're really desperate.
Zaerosz
Zaerosz

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:06 am

Skunk spray to the face. Nobody will be smelling any garlic, I promise you that.

Alternately say that you've switched to the new Axe Garlic bodywash.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6841
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaerosz Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:50 am

Just finished watching Redline. That was by far the most beautifully-animated movie I have ever seen, and I will be very pleasantly surprised if it's surpassed any time soon.
Zaerosz
Zaerosz

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaerosz Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:04 am

Also, I realized last night that the final boss of an RP on my forum can be summed up as "giant black fire skull snake dandelion butterfly death god". And this guy was a PC in the previous RP. It's like Final Fantasy 4 meets Pokemon, except there are no actual Pokemon, you play as the 'Pokemon' part and you don't evolve until the final boss, if at all. And also this guy lived/slept/cocooned in hell for 500 years.
Zaerosz
Zaerosz

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:17 am

wat
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  acidbomb113 Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:52 am

Necro910 wrote:wat
^This
acidbomb113
acidbomb113

Pony Pals : 4792

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaerosz Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:34 am

Yeah, pretty much.
Zaerosz
Zaerosz

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:51 pm

I just undermined my fanfic's entire goddamn premise and I haven't a clue how to reconstruct it back. Curse me for writing without a plot arc, and just doing whatever comes to mind.

Maybe I should just let it dip into grimdark.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next