Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything Else

+16
Jacob/Lee
tagg
Zangi
Whitefoxsniper
Zaerosz
Johuotar
Necro910
Dsarker
Armok
Debesh
Emberflash
Slag
Kaijyuu
Sean Mirrsen
MC Dirty
Flying Dice
20 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Anything Else - Page 6 Empty Re: Anything Else

Post  iceball3 Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:53 pm

Look what I made!

iceball3
Foal
Foal

Pony Pals : 4433
Friendship Lessons : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:20 am

I think I'm in love.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6178
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Kaijyuu
Spells:
Experience:
Anything Else - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue6/9Anything Else - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:32 am

Kaijyuu wrote:

I think I'm in love.

Twi with a webcam? ALL MY YES.

Alt: Insert speech from V for Vendetta.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6853
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:16 pm

Moar Luna

Last edited by Johuotar on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5441
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:53 pm

I can't fix the link, I can't! I don't know how! I TRIED FLYING DICE! *Shoots brains out*
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  MC Dirty Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:07 pm

Use the bare link to the video, no "feature", no "context", no "t", no nothing. That shit is obviously optional. So, in your case it would be:
Code:
[.youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iQB4du2SpQ[/.youtube]
Just without the ".". I just did that because the correct code automatically parses the "youtube" tag to a "flash" tag and slightly edits the link.
MC Dirty
MC Dirty
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5259

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:19 pm

Woah, I had no idea that that "feature" bs could affect embedding. Thanks it seems to work now I got proper link.
Anything Else - Page 6 617262291
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Johuotar wrote:Moar Luna

Spoiler:

/imply Luna weighs a tonfew hundred pounds.
Zangi
Zangi
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 5613

Pony Profile
Name: Sandy
Spells:
Experience:
Anything Else - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/1Anything Else - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:46 pm

Zangi wrote:
Johuotar wrote:Moar Luna

Spoiler:

/imply Luna weighs a tonfew hundred pounds.

Now we know why Celestia really banished her.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:05 am

YOU'VE SEEN THIS?

Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:59 am

Wait a second...

That ammo...

Is it a reference to alien, by chance? IT SEEMS SO FAMILIAR
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10955
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
Anything Else - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue9/0Anything Else - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:34 am

Linking this for the controversy.

Here we have a symptom of the fandom actually being Too Large. I'm not saying that as a hipster, "it's popular now it sucks" sort of way, but rather that fan made stuff no longer gets noticed as easily, and what IS noticed is more a matter of luck and memeticness than actual quality.

I agree with the dude hosting the contest that it's a damn shame that CMC animation didn't make it; in fact, I had never heard of it until I read the video description. A fully animated minute and a half short that looks like it could've come from the show proper gets drowned out by a "look at my horse" parody.

It's no one's fault, really; just too many people and too much stuff.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Anything Else - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue6/9Anything Else - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:56 am

Oh jah.. that cutie mark crusader thing is pretty durned good.

Ponymon, Battle!
Zangi
Zangi

Pony Pals : 5613

Pony Profile
Name: Sandy
Spells:
Experience:
Anything Else - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/1Anything Else - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 am

I had typed up a couple paragraphs about how the expanding fandom was bringing the so-average-it's-meh to the forefront *cough*friendshipiswitchcraft*cough*, but then I read back over it and realized that I sounded incredibly bitter and cynical, so I decided not to post it. I'll just do the same thing I do for every other interest and hang in my own little corner with the fanworks that I am actually interested in and ignore the popularity contests.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:17 am

It seems all fandoms end up going through this phase, where the group expands past people who actually enjoy the show/game/whatever and starts including folks whose only interest is due to internet memes and the resulting spawn of those memes. As much as I like meeting other bronies, I am getting really tired of asking about favorite episodes/ponies/etc. and hearing that they've only watched one or two tops, or that their only exposure is through Cupcakes and similar things. Don't get me wrong, they are free to call themselves bronies if they want, just sorta bums me out. Hope this doesn't make me sound like an elitist prick.
Andal
Andal

Pony Pals : 6057
Friendship Lessons : 17

Pony Profile
Name: Andal
Spells:
Experience:
Anything Else - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue13/0Anything Else - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:21 am

Andal wrote:It seems all fandoms end up going through this phase, where the group expands past people who actually enjoy the show/game/whatever and starts including folks whose only interest is due to internet memes and the resulting spawn of those memes. As much as I like meeting other bronies, I am getting really tired of asking about favorite episodes/ponies/etc. and hearing that they've only watched one or two tops, or that their only exposure is through Cupcakes and similar things. Don't get me wrong, they are free to call themselves bronies if they want, just sorta bums me out. Hope this doesn't make me sound like an elitist prick.
All I have to say to this is that there's no "right" or "wrong" way to enjoy stuff. If people aren't really interested in the episodes and only the fan made stuff, there's nothing wrong with that. So long as you don't look down on people for "not caring enough" then you're not an elitist prick.

And if you want to gush to people who have the same level of interest as you, well, that's what forums like these are for. Gush away Anything Else - Page 6 3847811511

I'll just do the same thing I do for every other interest and hang in my own little corner with the fanworks that I am actually interested in and ignore the popularity contests.
Just be sure to share with the rest of us if you find neat stuff in your little corners Very Happy
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:26 am

Kaijyuu wrote:All I have to say to this is that there's no "right" or "wrong" way to enjoy stuff. If people aren't really interested in the episodes and only the fan made stuff, there's nothing wrong with that. So long as you don't look down on people for "not caring enough" then you're not an elitist prick.

And if you want to gush to people who have the same level of interest as you, well, that's what forums like these are for. Gush away Anything Else - Page 6 3847811511

Oh no, I totally agree. I'm not judging them, I simply don't understand it. I was drawn in by the show, and hence find fanstuff interesting; it's hard for me to grok how one can enjoy the fanstuff without the context of the show. And it's hard for me to get used to meeting bronies who I can't gush about the most recent show to, especially the little background details and minutia I love.
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Anything Else - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue13/0Anything Else - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:07 am

I came for the fandom. I was introduced to it as a dystopian world where the Royalty manipulate the proletarians. Thank Girlinhat for me becoming a brony.

Girlinhat wrote:Necro reminds me of this (slightly NSFW) flash. Turn your volume down a touch.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/576522

"So you're a mmmmbeeatch that like hmmmsocks?"
"Yes, fine, whatever."
"That's good! Because we've got plenty of socks, IN THE MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABEEEYATCH!"

Girlinhat wrote:The Internet has decided that Celestia is a tyrant who banishes people to the moon on her whims, and that all of pony-dome lives under the constant thread of moon banishment, and that Luna is the adorable and downtrodden sister. "To the Moon" has become the joke of things like "The toaster burned my bread. To the moon!"

I think it fits the dwarven mindset nicely. "There's mud in the hallway." "MAGMAAAAAAA!"

(ps, I'm working on making all of you into pony fans now :3)

Girlinhat wrote:A LOT of My Little Pony is creepy if you face it seriously. The economy is terrifying, but of course that's if you treat it like an economy. If you treat it like a kid's show, then it's adorable!

This is the biggest one:
Girlinhat wrote:That's what's confusing The "Earth Ponies" like the regular horses are the "worker caste" any time you see them, working the fields and harvesting apples more often than not. Yet the Unicorns can do everything so much easier. One episode shows one earth pony trying to harvest a whole orchard, and eventually breaking down and asking for help. Then a unicorn just waltzes up and magically lifts a whole orchard's worth of apples off the trees and into baskets in about 5 seconds (realtime, not exaggerating).

Magic makes mundane tasks so easy that there simply must be something sinister going on to allow the non-magical to survive.

EDIT:
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Anything Else - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue9/0Anything Else - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:29 am

Necro910 wrote:I came for the fandom. I was introduced to it as a dystopian world where the Royalty manipulate the proletarians. Thank Girlinhat for me becoming a brony.

I guess then I could pick your brain a bit. Anything Else - Page 6 2360024975

You came to bronyhood via the fandom route. Do you watch and enjoy the show itself for its own qualities?

If yes, then we aren't too different and I can return your brain and let you go about your business.

If no, what in particular draws you to the fandom? If you view Equestria as a dystopia, what makes it more enjoyable than other dystopian settings? Is it as simple as the humorous juxtaposition of ponies and grimdark? Or something else? Is the memetic material available a serious draw?

No need to answer my nosiness if you don't want to, just thought I'd continue to try to grok a different point of view.

Necro910 wrote:EDIT:

I love this.
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:05 am

I love it too. I've had it on loop for the past couple hours.
Andal wrote:
Necro910 wrote:I came for the fandom. I was introduced to it as a dystopian world where the Royalty manipulate the proletarians. Thank Girlinhat for me becoming a brony.

I guess then I could pick your brain a bit. Anything Else - Page 6 2360024975

You came to bronyhood via the fandom route. Do you watch and enjoy the show itself for its own qualities?

If yes, then we aren't too different and I can return your brain and let you go about your business.

If no, what in particular draws you to the fandom? If you view Equestria as a dystopia, what makes it more enjoyable than other dystopian settings? Is it as simple as the humorous juxtaposition of ponies and grimdark? Or something else? Is the memetic material available a serious draw?

No need to answer my nosiness if you don't want to, just thought I'd continue to try to grok a different point of view.
I watch the show for the fandom and because it is an overall well-made show. Better than a lot of stuff out there.

The fandom is overanalyzing and generally bonkers like me, so hey, close blood draws close blood close! The fandom makes it a generally funnier dystopia, but it well could be one due to the xenophobia of Equestria. Overall, just another dystopia. I also like memes, which come with every fandom.

It's all good. I am crazy, but I also am the only logical one in my home town Anything Else - Page 6 1216557912
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:19 am

Thanks for the quick reply!

If I follow you correctly, you like the show itself, but perhaps more importantly the fanbase as an entity, for certain qualities you feel you share with the fans that comprise it. Okay, I think I can grok that. Thanks again!

Now to find someone who doesn't actually like the show, only the fan-content... muhahahahaha. Anything Else - Page 6 172304066
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:21 am

Andal wrote:Thanks for the quick reply!

If I follow you correctly, you like the show itself, but perhaps more importantly the fanbase as an entity, for certain qualities you feel you share with the fans that comprise it. Okay, I think I can grok that. Thanks again!

Now to find someone who doesn't actually like the show, only the fan-content... muhahahahaha. Anything Else - Page 6 172304066
Happy to help another profiler! Anything Else - Page 6 3896392930
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  MC Dirty Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:31 am

Andal wrote:Now to find someone who doesn't actually like the show, only the fan-content... muhahahahaha. Anything Else - Page 6 172304066
That would be Fniff who hasn't been online for freaking ages. I was rather surprised when I found out that he didn't actually like the show. You could probably contact him through the Bay12 forums or the BayStation12 forums if you play SS13 there.
MC Dirty
MC Dirty
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5259

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Ya'll seem the type to appreciate this.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Anything Else - Page 6 833
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum