Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

+25
tagg
acidbomb113
Jacob/Lee
Loud Whispers
roboboy33
RexMundi
Emberflash
Johuotar
drilltooth
Fniff
Necro910
MC Dirty
Kirbypowered
BowlSoldier
Armok
Rozy
Debesh
Slag
Dsarker
Zangi
The Master
Zaerosz
Kaijyuu
Sean Mirrsen
Flying Dice
29 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  Flying Dice Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:41 pm

Spoiler:

So all in all, I think we're pretty much back to 'average' quality by S1 standards. Though I was disappointed at the severe lack of Scootalove.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6847
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  Kaijyuu Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:01 pm

Silly Derpy. What are you doing in Fluttershy's chicken coop?
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6172
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Kaijyuu
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue6/9My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rozy Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Oh god I feel so weird knowing I registered here. But hey I did say I'd give this a chance.

So uhh... Hi.
Rozy
Rozy
Pony
Pony

Pony Pals : 4578
Friendship Lessons : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:26 pm

Hello. Welcome. Make yourself at home. Couple fun things to look through around here so far, and hopefully nothing to offend your sensibilities.

Unless you want your sensibilities offended, but I think you'd have to ask someone else for that.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6667
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue69/99My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:27 pm

Rozy wrote:So uhh... Hi.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue6/9My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:29 pm

Rozy wrote:Oh god I feel so weird knowing I registered here. But hey I did say I'd give this a chance.

So uhh... Hi.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Theherd

Always give good things a chance. Smile
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rozy Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:42 pm

Okay so... I guess I should ask while I'm here.

Okay so I've been meaning to really, truly give this an honest try. But I keep finding myself hesitant as well. Ill admit I was kinda raised not to like "Girly" stuff and I find it hard to psyche myself up to really just try it. I want to know, where would be a good place to start? First episode? Or is there a better one to start with that might pull me in more?

My god I'm still a bit weirded out to be here. You all seem like a friendly bunch though.
Rozy
Rozy
Pony
Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:45 pm

Dragonshy. Episode 7. Prepare to have your expectations simultaneously crushed and confirmed.

EDIT: Oh, and skip the opening song. Until you're more prepared for girly stuff, anyway.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Debesh Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:55 pm

I skipped the opening song the first half-dozen times around.
Now I sing along :p
Debesh
Debesh
Oppressed Proletarian Earth Pony

Pony Pals : 4765
Friendship Lessons : 12

Pony Profile
Name: Debesh Unnos
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue11/15My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/15)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rozy Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:22 am

Well no expectations were crushed, since Ill be sincere, I didn't really have any...

But I'm very happy to know that if the rest is anything like that I got a great happy show to watch. Thanks guys. And suppose Ill be around then.
Rozy
Rozy
Pony
Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:49 am

Glad to hear it! Smile

Also, updating the OP for the 1080p video. I think I'll continue this, swapping videos each time a new ep goes up on Youtube.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Flying Dice wrote:From what I can tell, it isn't visible to guests or members. I'm going to see if I can figure out a PW system for it. If I can't, I'm going to avoid fooling around until Dsarker gets to a computer.

From the looks of things, there is a "Slag's Group", which will let me give permission only to people invited to it.

Considering it, I believe that manually giving rights is way more secure then giving out passwords. At least then, you know for sure who has access, barring that account isn't shared.

Last edited by Zangi on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar Failure)
Zangi
Zangi
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 5607

Pony Profile
Name: Sandy
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:08 pm

Zangi wrote:
Flying Dice wrote:From what I can tell, it isn't visible to guests or members. I'm going to see if I can figure out a PW system for it. If I can't, I'm going to avoid fooling around until Dsarker gets to a computer.

From the looks of things, there is a "Slag's Group", which will let me give permission only to people invited to it.

Considering it, I believe that manually giving rights is way more secure then giving out passwords. At least then, you know for sure who has access, barring that account isn't shared.

Yeah, I completely agree. That was the only way to do it, as well. I'm really glad we made the switch, as these forums have a great deal more functionality.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:26 pm

I particularly like the "Who's Online" function. I've missed it ever since I've left TAUniverse boards.

edit: also, I believe we've hit the maximum number of users we can get without actually advertising the forum somewhere. 16 users is okay for a private little forum, but it feels a little empty. Maybe we should spread the word?
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5192
Friendship Lessons : -7

Back to top Go down

Post  Armok Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:47 pm

Best. Episode. Yet.
Armok
Armok

Pony Pals : 4940

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/10My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Debesh Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:20 pm

Sean Mirrsen wrote:I particularly like the "Who's Online" function. I've missed it ever since I've left TAUniverse boards.

edit: also, I believe we've hit the maximum number of users we can get without actually advertising the forum somewhere. 16 users is okay for a private little forum, but it feels a little empty. Maybe we should spread the word?

I do not want that happening. Bay12 is where we're all from, and the nature of Dwarf Fortress attracts guys like us. We have mature (and the occasional morbid) discussion. I really want to keep the feel of the previous threads, and inviting anyone with a computer to join would quickly lead to pic-and-videospam. Not that we didn't do that back in our old thread, but it was controlled and interesting. I don't want picspam to become the dominant thing happening.
I do, however, agree that this new site is 20% better than the old one. Spoilers ahoy!
Debesh
Debesh

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue11/15My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/15)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rozy Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:27 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a close knit community and letting it grow on it's own terms. There might be more people from the fourms showing up over time that used to get involved but who knows really.

Open invitations might be weird for the stated reasons, not to mention how some fans can be...
Rozy
Rozy
Pony
Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:33 pm

I wouldn't be adverse to increasing our population, but it should probably be done on a controlled basis. In other words, if someone knows a person who would probably fit in well to our established structure, go ahead and invite them, but don't just throw around links everywhere you go. Slow, natural, word-of-mouth growth is probably the best way to expand this community while retaining the same feel. And if things get really bad, well, we can always section off a group of subforums for us and those with similar attitudes while leaving another set of subforums for the people who just want to do random image and videospam.

Also, take a look at the picspam thread. Wink
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:42 pm

Just having links here in signatures on bay12, and directing people here who make random comments about ponies there should suffice.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Debesh Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Alright, that sounds much more reasonable than the mass-recruiting I was thinking of q:
Debesh
Debesh

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:45 pm

That was pretty much what I was figuring. I've already got links up in my sig and website slot, and any more than that shouldn't really be necessary.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  BowlSoldier Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Indeed, and I'm glad you did, since that's why I'm here now.

Nice to have a B12er pony forum back up, I was getting worried there for a little while. Where was I going to get my over-analytical fix?

Loved the new episode, anyway, one of my favorites now. Potential crisis averted, I think we can all be sure it won't be an entire season of Lesson Zeros now.

Spoiler:
BowlSoldier
BowlSoldier
Pony
Pony

Pony Pals : 4566

Back to top Go down

Post  Kirbypowered Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:19 pm

I must thank you Flying Dice for the link in your sig. I was quite sad until I saw it, as I loved reading what you guys always had to say about new episodes and such. Now I just need to get an avatar...

New episode was quite awesome, by the way. It's weird, when I first started watching Friendship is Magic the random songs they'd break into made me cringe, but now I find myself pleasantly surprised by them.
Kirbypowered
Kirbypowered
Pony
Pony

Pony Pals : 4674
Friendship Lessons : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:29 pm

I agree; normally songs in cartoons tend to be rather obnoxious, but it helps that the VAs are either good singers, or have good singers to cover for them, and that the songs are actually well-written rather than sappy.

Also, for anyone interested in using them, I'm currently in the process of adding 112 new smilies. One at a time. Please use them, or my insanity and carpal tunnel will have been for nothing. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 2372617550

(click 'ok' in the emoticon window to display them)
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:34 pm

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 2 1668665389 yay
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5192
Friendship Lessons : -7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next