Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about

+6
Kirbypowered
Loud Whispers
tagg
Johuotar
Necro910
Flying Dice
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about Empty Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about

Post  Flying Dice Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:24 pm

I can't believe I've never heard of this before. To put it simply, it is a program that lets you spawn pony sprites that will walk around your desktop doing various things. Doctor Whooves' TARDIS will appear, Octavia will pull out her cello and play, if you have Scootaloo and Dash onscreen at the same time, Scoots will shout to RD asking her to wait up, RD will do a Sonic Rainboom, etc. Includes an absurd number of ponies, including pretty much every background pony.

Here's an example of my desktop a minute ago:
Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about DZvkw

Here is a link to their site. The only thing to keep in mind is that they'll show up over whatever you have open. However, all you need to do is rightclick one of your ponies, and you can close that one, all copies of that one, or all ponies, as well as reopening the menu and a number of other things, so it is absurdly easy to manage. You can also Pause/sleep them, which puts them into a stationary activity and lets you move them whereever you want them to stay.

Have fun!
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6846
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about Empty Re: Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about

Post  Necro910 Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:31 pm

I'd do this if it wouldn't appear over what I have open. Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about 4009717067

Then I'd have ponies all over the place.
Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about 1216557912
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10948
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about Left_bar_bleue9/0Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about Empty Re: Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about

Post  Flying Dice Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:35 pm

The nice thing is, you can just open one or two, and pause them at the corners and edges of your screen. Right now, I've got 'Tavi, RD and filly Luna all chilling, and they aren't blocking anything. :3
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:37 pm

Flying Dice wrote:The nice thing is, you can just open one or two, and pause them at the corners and edges of your screen. Right now, I've got 'Tavi, RD and filly Luna all chilling, and they aren't blocking anything. :3
I want them so much, but I am used to clicking through 6 tabs, two steam chats, and a game running at once.

Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about 1342835135
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about Left_bar_bleue9/0Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Necro910 wrote:
Flying Dice wrote:The nice thing is, you can just open one or two, and pause them at the corners and edges of your screen. Right now, I've got 'Tavi, RD and filly Luna all chilling, and they aren't blocking anything. :3
I want them so much, but I am used to clicking through 6 tabs, two steam chats, and a game running at once.

How would this obstruct anything, though? Like I said, I've got three of them on at the moment, and I've got 7 open tabs, as well as four Aurora windows running, without any problems.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Flying Dice wrote:
Necro910 wrote:

How would this obstruct anything, though? Like I said, I've got three of them on at the moment, and I've got 7 open tabs, as well as four Aurora windows running, without any problems.
I'm generally playing Space Station 13, which has the "Are you getting air?" icon in the top right, the "Are you punching, grabbing, shoving, or helping?" button in the bottom right, the inventory in the bottom left, and the top left is where my tabs are in chrome.

Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about 3998908174
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:47 pm

Necro910 wrote:
Flying Dice wrote:
Necro910 wrote:

I'm generally playing Space Station 13, which has the "Are you getting air?" icon in the top right, the "Are you punching, grabbing, shoving, or helping?" button in the bottom right, the inventory in the bottom left, and the top left is where my tabs are in chrome.

Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about 3998908174

That means you still have four whole sides of the screen. Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about 591830264
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Then I can't see some other important status icons like sleep/awake and stunned/standing on the right side, and more tabs on the top. More inventory and buttons on the bottom, and not much on the left, however I need the left to see if you guys have responded to anything here yet. I also need it to see which chemical in my list I'm looking at.

Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:16 pm

Ahh yes, Desktop Ponies, Its awesome. I downloaded it at lan party for laughs once. There's one for smartphones too.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5434
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

Post  tagg Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:17 am

Their cuteness is as nothing compared to the mlp desktop chubbies. NOTHING.
tagg
tagg
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 4927
Friendship Lessons : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 am

WHAT MAGIC IS THIS?

Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about 4876696414_d3f62d18be_z
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5585
Friendship Lessons : 3

Pony Profile
Name: VIDEO NON OMNES
Spells:
Experience:
Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about Left_bar_bleue1337/42Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/42)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=54290

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:49 am

Okay, a few more things: they have their quotes in sound; there is an option to make them walk behind windows you're working on; you can set zones for them to avoid; you can trap them in windows; they automatically pause and hide when you're in fullscreen mode in something.

Necro, you no longer have excuses! >Very Happy
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:27 am

Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:34 am

Heh, try moving Dashie around while she's awake:

Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about TYznN
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kirbypowered Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:02 am

Gah, saw this before (someone's pony tumblr had Celestia and Luna ones built into it) but held off on downloading them. But dang it, I must have the ponies chilling on my desktop.
Kirbypowered
Kirbypowered
Pony
Pony

Pony Pals : 4673
Friendship Lessons : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:15 am

Success! Ponies! Ponies everywhere! Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about 1668665389

Now, how do I get this to autorun when my computer turns on? Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about 164008139

EDIT: I have NMM, Pinkamena, Berry Punch, and a Luna guard. I'll probably switch NMM with Octavia. What do you guys have? Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about 114902366

Also, happy birthday to me. Canesword and ponyscreen. Fuck yes.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:47 am

I'm rolling with sleeping!Dash and sleeping!fillyLuna.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:48 am

I cannot imagine the HNNNG
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  MC Dirty Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:54 am

For some reason, I keep getting sound errors and then, it just closes with two errors. =/
Oh, well, I'll see if I can reproduce the bug and just turn off the sound for now.

Also, I've currently got Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Vinyl Scratch running around.
MC Dirty
MC Dirty
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5252
Friendship Lessons : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Johuotar Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:24 pm

Seems like my version was outdated, checking the new one out->
EDIT: Woooo so many new ones!!
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5434
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

Post  Kirbypowered Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Currently, I have Twilight and Luna. I had Rainbow Dash and Celestia as well earlier, but I messed things up and somehow had different ponies magically showing up on different screens and the computer did not like that. I doubt Dwarf Fortress will be pleased with the ponies either.
Kirbypowered
Kirbypowered
Pony
Pony

Pony Pals : 4673
Friendship Lessons : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:52 am

Kirbypowered wrote:Gah, saw this before (someone's pony tumblr had Celestia and Luna ones built into it) but held off on downloading them. But dang it, I must have the ponies chilling on my desktop.
LIKE A FAUST
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:41 am

Oh, great. Thanks to you, I've got the entire main cast and the CMC roaming around my screen now.

On a side note, I kinda expected them to actually walk on open windows.
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5191
Friendship Lessons : -7

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:53 pm

There's a setting in the options that toggles them walking ontop of windows.

Now I have Clyde, Surprise, Trixie, Pinkamina, Octavia, Berry Punch, Caesar, and a Luna guard.

Pony Desktop - Kickass program that everyone should know about 1216557912
pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony
pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:17 pm

If there is, I haven't found it. There are just settings to have them appear over or under the active window (which is ridiculous because clicking on the desktop in Win7 makes the desktop an "active window" and all ponies disappear), but no setting to have them treat the windows as ledges. At most they'll avoid the windows entirely, in which case them walking "on" them is merely a result of luck.
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5191
Friendship Lessons : -7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next