Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group Requests

+34
Splint
Corai
PSI
Pokonicon
Lycaeon
ManualReplica
Indigo_Surprise
Jervill
scelly9
Andal
Valikdu
Johuotar
Kirbypowered
Nighzmarquls
Whitefoxsniper
Jacob/Lee
Necro910
Loud Whispers
BowlSoldier
RexMundi
drilltooth
Emberflash
tagg
Sean Mirrsen
Impending Doom
Kaijyuu
Armok
Debesh
Slag
Dsarker
MC Dirty
Zangi
Zaerosz
Flying Dice
38 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Group Requests - Page 2 Empty Re: Group Requests

Post  Dsarker Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:10 am

Done.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Pals : 5507
Friendship Lessons : -9

Pony Profile
Name: Dsarker
Spells:
Experience:
Group Requests - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue99999/100000Group Requests - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

https://mylittleponyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MC Dirty Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:49 am

Just a thought: You should probably say in the OP that Everfree Forest is the 18+ section and that you won't get in if you're not 18+. Right now, it doesn't say that anywhere unless you've already joined Everfree Forest.
MC Dirty
MC Dirty
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5247
Friendship Lessons : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  RexMundi Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:42 am

Signed up, cool fourms. might as well ask for a in
RexMundi
RexMundi
Pony
Pony

Pony Pals : 4552

Back to top Go down

Post  BowlSoldier Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:29 am

Hmm. Well, may as well. Group Request for Everfree Forest, I feel like seeing what you lot are up to in there.
BowlSoldier
BowlSoldier
Pony
Pony

Pony Pals : 4560

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:23 am

Request: Everfree forest.

Can't be worse then RULE 1 AND 2 BROS you heard nothing.
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5580
Friendship Lessons : 3

Pony Profile
Name: VIDEO NON OMNES
Spells:
Experience:
Group Requests - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1337/42Group Requests - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/42)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=54290

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:33 am

Added.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6841
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Emberflash Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:08 am

A while back, I was let into Everfree Forest, and I had access for a few days. Then, I came online to find that I was removed from the section's access list, and couldn't view the section anymore, because I'm not 18. I get that 18 is a fitting age for this sort of material, as at 18 you become a legal adult. And yet, people much younger than 18 are exposed to so-called "mature" content every day. "Kids" below 18 play Halo, watch Die Hard, and hear curses and sexual innuendos every day.

I'd like to propose a compromise here.

There are some of us on the internet who can't simply be defined over lines of age; general maturity is a fickle thing. Some are old past their years, and others are children in adult's skin. Age isn't even an accurate measurement of maturity over the internet, because, honestly, everyone is free to post an age different from their own. Age isn't a measure of wisdom, or experience; it's merely a measure of time. Maturity is something you assess, not assume. And that's where the compromise comes in. Can someone below 18, such as me, earn their way into Everfree Forest through a test of some sort, in the interests of allowing those who can handle the content, present and future, into the section?
Emberflash
Emberflash
Oppressed Proletarian Earth Pony
Oppressed Proletarian Earth Pony

Pony Pals : 4688

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaijyuu Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:32 am

I always set my age to something like born january 1st, 1900.

Not that it really matters anymore but the whole age limitation thing really bugs me. It means squat.
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6166
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Kaijyuu
Spells:
Experience:
Group Requests - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue6/9Group Requests - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:08 am

They have a point. Plus, our 'mature content' is not all that mature anyway. We do have a clopfic, but that's honestly more of a joke, and other than that the worst we have are a few torture fics, and while that might get hell in a blood-censoring place like Germany, it's fine in most of the rest of the first world.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6661
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
Group Requests - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue69/99Group Requests - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Armok Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:47 pm

Someone who want to is unable to read my atrocious fics? An outrage! Group Requests - Page 2 3909362050
Armok
Armok
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 4934

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:
Group Requests - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/10Group Requests - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Dsarker, he's already sent you several PMs about this, as have I. You were the one who revoked his access, and I'm not going to overrule you if you expressly want to keep the 18+ rule applied here, but I personally believe that we can make an exception in this case. If you don't respond by the time a couple days have passed, I'm going to assume that you have no interest either way and readd Emberflash to the group. If you want to discuss this in PMs, I'd be more than happy to do that, but I'd prefer if we resolved this as quickly as possible, as he has been waiting for nearly a month for a response and I don't think that it is appropriate to completely ignore a problem.

If you haven't made any response by, say, the night of the 25th, I'm going to go ahead and return his access.

Group Requests - Page 2 2098691021
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:41 am

If I may suggest purging the records as giving special treatment may be looked down upon.
Zangi
Zangi

Pony Pals : 5601
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Sandy
Spells:
Experience:
Group Requests - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1Group Requests - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:25 am

The Emperor knows, the Emperor is watching.

I, quite personally, don't give a damn about what age you are. I'm below the age and I've got stuff in there. This entire dispute was raised by another forum member, who knows who they are.

I've got no objection, though perhaps this should be a thing decided on by the whole forum as opposed to just one or two.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Pals : 5507
Friendship Lessons : -9

Pony Profile
Name: Dsarker
Spells:
Experience:
Group Requests - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue99999/100000Group Requests - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

https://mylittleponyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:27 am

MINDRAPE FOR EVERYBODY! Group Requests - Page 2 2360024975
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10943
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
Group Requests - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue9/0Group Requests - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:42 am

Necro910 wrote:MINDRAPE FOR EVERYBODY! Group Requests - Page 2 2360024975

+1, within limits. The only 2 month old babies that will get my vote, are the ones that have a beard. Group Requests - Page 2 2403429548
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5580
Friendship Lessons : 3

Pony Profile
Name: VIDEO NON OMNES
Spells:
Experience:
Group Requests - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1337/42Group Requests - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/42)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=54290

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:44 am

Loud Whispers wrote:
Necro910 wrote:MINDRAPE FOR EVERYBODY! Group Requests - Page 2 2360024975

+1, within limits. The only 2 month old babies that will get my vote, are the ones that have a beard. Group Requests - Page 2 2403429548
I vote for omnipresent scarring! WOO!

Yes, this is a vote for democracy, and not a sarcastic neigh.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10943
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
Group Requests - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue9/0Group Requests - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Dsarker wrote:The Emperor knows, the Emperor is watching.

I, quite personally, don't give a damn about what age you are. I'm below the age and I've got stuff in there. This entire dispute was raised by another forum member, who knows who they are.

I've got no objection, though perhaps this should be a thing decided on by the whole forum as opposed to just one or two.

Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that. That makes a lot more sense now, thanks!

Zangi wrote:If I may suggest purging the records as giving special treatment may be looked down upon.

Except this isn't. I've never been a proponent of rigid rules, as they can never cover every situation. I believe that we need a general rule for this, but that we should be free to ignore it if it doesn't apply to the situation. Obviously there is quite a bit of difference between someone who is 16/17, and someone who is 12/13. Gog knows by the time I was 16 I had read worse stuff than most of what is in there. And Luna forbid, if we ever get any fans from the target demographic, we obviously want this rule in place.
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:10 am

Okay, it's christmas day (barely) where I am, I have seen nothing but support for readding Emberflash to the Everfree Forest, and I'm probably not going to be online for most of tomorrow. So he's going back on, and if anyone wants to Grinch it up in here...

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS

Group Requests - Page 2 591830264
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post  MC Dirty Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:46 pm

Dsarker wrote:This entire dispute was raised by another forum member, who knows who they are.
That is me and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
It stems from the fact that on our first pony forum (right after pony discussion got banned on Bay12), the section that is pretty much equivalent to the Everfree Forest now was labeled as "18+". Not only that, but one of the first threads in the Grimdark subsection was "18+ images", created by one of the admins.
From these facts, I got the impression that "Everfree Forest" is supposed to be 18+. I thought the admins wanted to enforce that. I don't care the least bit whether minors see the contents of Everfree Forest. Hell, for all I care, Everfree Forest could be a public section. I said multiple times that I wished I could post the 18+ stories in the normal sections.
Now that the admins have stated that Everfree Forest is, despite all contrary evidence, not supposed to be 18+, I don't really care who joins the group or how old they are, as long as they're fine with "mature" content.
MC Dirty
MC Dirty
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Armok Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:27 pm

There exists a common misunderstanding that places on the internet having a 1 followed by 8 followed by + do so for any other purpose than shoshing away lawyers.
Armok
Armok

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:
Group Requests - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/10Group Requests - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  MC Dirty Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Armok wrote:There exists a common misunderstanding that places on the internet having a 1 followed by 8 followed by + do so for any other purpose than shoshing away lawyers.
That is ridiculous. I don't care whether it's true or not, that is absolutely ridiculous and utterly confusing for all users.
The admins' actions very clearly pointed to the Everfree Forest being a proper 18+ section and I just thought it through. It's not like it was me who removed Ember's access to Everfree Forest, I just pointed out that I thought the Everfree Forest was an 18+ section and that Emberflash wrote down that he's 16. If it was never supposed to be an 18+ section, then why did they act that way? Why make any reference to "18+" at all? Why remove Emberflash's access in the first place? Suddenly, they change their opinion on Everfree Forest being 18+ or not and now I'm supposed to be the one responsible? Sorry, but I'm not buying that.
MC Dirty
MC Dirty
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Armok Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:35 pm

I never claimed that you were. I just wanted to remind you of a fact to make you less confused about what was going on.
Armok
Armok

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Generally, I would recommend that the forum actually enforce the 18+ rule on account of liability. However, we're a tiny little forum of a few members, and it's highly unlikely that any of us is going to report the forum for letting our young but mature users have access to the lower boards. We have a minimum footprint, so we're likely not going to have any trouble.

If we do grow into some sort of a hotspot for pony discussion on the interwebs, that idea might have to change, and we might actually have to follow through with the '18+' rule to keep ourselves from getting mauled by lawyers and moral guardians and whatnot. Until such a miracle, though, we're pretty free to do what we wish.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Group Requests - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue69/99Group Requests - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  MC Dirty Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:58 pm

Armok wrote:I never claimed that you were. I just wanted to remind you of a fact to make you less confused about what was going on.
Yes, but if you only read this thread, one would get the impression that I was the only one who ever thought of the Everfree Forest as an 18+ section and that I am the one responsible for Emberflash getting booted from the group. Point in case...
Dsarker wrote:I, quite personally, don't give a damn about what age you are. [...] This entire dispute was raised by another forum member, who knows who they are.
But if that was really the case, then some of the actions of the admins don't make sense.
MC Dirty
MC Dirty
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:04 pm

Probably just a bit of confusion. Happens sometimes.

Now that we actually have the rules (or lack thereof) negotiated, there's no real reason to keep having the discussion.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum