Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Alternate Universe of Everything

5 posters

Go down

The Alternate Universe of Everything Empty The Alternate Universe of Everything

Post  Slag Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:51 pm

This is the setting for my Continuous Internal Adventures. Basically, it's a justification for absolutely everything that could ever need to be justified. I have basically stripped it down to the simple idea behind it all, and I invite you to invent interesting stories from the universe, since anything I did would be entirely Sue-ish since I've pretty much lived in this alternate world my entire life.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wyWpsB7q3wJy3DZSWpxdshGLMVb-S63PnK61b9s0Rso/edit
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6660
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
The Alternate Universe of Everything Left_bar_bleue69/99The Alternate Universe of Everything Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

The Alternate Universe of Everything Empty Re: The Alternate Universe of Everything

Post  Armok Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:52 am

That's your fabled CIA setting?

I guess it's better than most scif out there, and I enjoy those occationaly so I don't really have the right to complain... but I'm still disappointed.

There are a bazillion things wrong with it, but they all boil down to one central point: with that tech available, every problem mentioned would be trivial to solve in a vastly better way than you depict them being solved. You don't even have the normal excuse of not realizing it since you do state sue-like and god-like powers explicitly.
Armok
Armok
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 4933
Friendship Lessons : 0

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:
The Alternate Universe of Everything Left_bar_bleue10/10The Alternate Universe of Everything Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

The Alternate Universe of Everything Empty Re: The Alternate Universe of Everything

Post  Fniff Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:22 am

Fniff
Fniff
Pony
Pony

Pony Pals : 4602

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:36 am

Armok wrote:There are a bazillion things wrong with it, but they all boil down to one central point: with that tech available, every problem mentioned would be trivial to solve in a vastly better way than you depict them being solved. You don't even have the normal excuse of not realizing it since you do state sue-like and god-like powers explicitly.

The issue with the sue-like and god-like powers is that absolutely everyone has access to them, and violence between two gods tends to either be scaled down or end up ripping swaths through massive sections of the universe. It's not like the people can just straight up out-god each other, for various reasons. The Council's able to keep a hold through sheer numbers plus the intelligence and ability to act in ways that don't piss everyone off, using precision and cleverness to maintain the peace in a sane and nondestructive manner. There's also the fact that despite everyone being 'gods' there's been no real development to move people away from dependence on some form of physical body in order to interact with the world, and even with the amazing levels of technology, everything's still destructible and the way the 'godly' abilities work are dependent on technology that's often hampered by armor. With the offer of immortality, people are quite a bit less willing to get themselves killed on the front lines anyway, so battles are often fought with cloned or mass-produced soldiers who are forced to fight.

I guess I left out a lot of important information.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
The Alternate Universe of Everything Left_bar_bleue69/99The Alternate Universe of Everything Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:19 am

Perfect idea for a Cthulhu-esque story.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Pals : 5506
Friendship Lessons : -9

Pony Profile
Name: Dsarker
Spells:
Experience:
The Alternate Universe of Everything Left_bar_bleue99999/100000The Alternate Universe of Everything Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

https://mylittleponyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:27 am

Funny thing is, the Multiworlds still allow for this universe to coexist with any number of others. By extension, the fact that the universe shenanigans haven't resulted in some all-consuming negative space wedgie by this point can be chalked up to the actions of your friendly neighborhood multiverse explorer. The Alternate Universe of Everything 3916866072
He doesn't interfere with anything that doesn't threaten the multiverse though (usually, at least), so you may as well consider him to not be there.

And very interesting universe you have there, Slag. Indeed makes for great "playground of the gods" kinda scenarios, and a way for any ridonkulous things to happen without affecting anything of importance. I might try to cook up an interesting plot for it, if I ever feel inspired.
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5185
Friendship Lessons : -7

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:13 am

James looked at what he had written. It was insane. It was impossible. That man had taken a bullet. He had seen that. He'd taken it from his chest. The wound had disappeared.

Fine, okay. Somehow he could take a wound. Maybe fake flesh. But then he'd bit the bullet in two. He still had the two pieces. The bite mark was visible. Then he had disappeared. Into thin air. It was all impossible.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Pals : 5506
Friendship Lessons : -9

Pony Profile
Name: Dsarker
Spells:
Experience:
The Alternate Universe of Everything Left_bar_bleue99999/100000The Alternate Universe of Everything Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

https://mylittleponyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armok Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:30 am

REDACTED
Armok
Armok

Pony Pals : 4933

Pony Profile
Name:
Spells:
Experience:
The Alternate Universe of Everything Left_bar_bleue10/10The Alternate Universe of Everything Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:58 am

Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum