Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics)

4 posters

Go down

Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) Empty Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics)

Post  Dsarker Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:21 pm

In the dark, rainy night, a large group of unicorns were waiting outside. Others were projecting powerful lights to light the scene. 

The rustling of the leaves was the sign that the night was nearly over. Through the trees was moving a large metal container. If you looked close, air holes were visible.

The leader of the unicorns was set apart from them, the only one not in a black uniform. This one was known as Twilight Sparkle, and she was tense. Like the others, her horn was glowing, but unlike the others, it was glowing far more brightly. A powerful spell was readied.

The forecolt yelled out "Everypony, heads up. Keep it clear, now," as the giant container swung through the last of the trees and came into sight. The ponies backed away from it, horns ready to be discharged at a moment's notice. "Keep it clear," repeated the forecolt. "Stand back." The ponies continued to move further away from it. Behind the container were a pair of unicorns, horns lit as they carried the container. Slowly they manoeuvred it to a small stone base. More unicorns joined them, slowly steadying the container as it was laid down. "Slow it down." From within the container came a low, steady growl. 

"Pushing team, move in there." ordered Twilight. She kept a close watch on the container. The forecolt echoed her, saying "Move in." "On your ready," confirmed the pushing team leader. "I want horns on full charge," ordered Twilight again. 

A lower, more hateful growl came from the container, and the pushing team jumped back. "Steady! Go on, get back in," came the forecolt's voice. "Ready, move it," came the reply of the pushing team leader.

"And push," were Twilight's words as she gave the order. The pushing team swung forward, their horns pushing the container along the ground into the slot in the building behind them. They moved for almost ten seconds, and then the click of the lock sounded. 

"Well, locked. Pushing team, step away," ordered Twilight. "Gatekeeper." The unicorn in question stepped up, and began the ascent up to the top of the container. "Jophery, raise the gate." With a grunt, the gatekeeper lifted up the gate by his horn, it slowly sliding upwards. 

It was here that disaster struck. As the gate was almost halfway, the creature inside rammed it. The brace unlocked and the container slid away. Jophery was sent to the ground near the container. The unicorns moved in, but it wasn't quick enough. The creature had grabbed Jophery by the hindquarters and pulled him in to the container. 

"Block the opening! Don't let her get out!" yelled Twilight as she charged, dispelling her charged magic as she desperately switched to using it to keep Jophery out of the creature's ravenous jaws. The other unicorns had moved in, and strikes from their horns were passing through the airholes into the container. 

"Somepony help her!" shouted the forecolt as Twilight lost her grip for a moment and he slid further in. "Work her back!" shouted Twilight. The inside of the cage was almost blindingly lit by the powerful strikes of the unicorn magic. Twilight could see the eyes of the beast, cold and reptilian.

"Shoot her!" she yelled. Jophery writhed in pain. He was sliding from the grip of her magic! "SHOOT HER!" Jophery cried as he slid completely from Twilight's grasp.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Pals : 5506
Friendship Lessons : -9

Pony Profile
Name: Dsarker
Spells:
Experience:
Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) Left_bar_bleue99999/100000Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

https://mylittleponyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) Empty Re: Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics)

Post  Sean Mirrsen Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Written nicely so far. Is that... Jurassic Park?
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5185
Friendship Lessons : -7

Back to top Go down

Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) Empty Re: Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics)

Post  Dsarker Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Yup.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) Left_bar_bleue99999/100000Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:59 pm

How is it depressing then? Seems pretty epic to me.

Well, unless you count that, by role assignment (Muldoon, I'm assuming), at least Twilight dies. Plus a whole heap of other ponies. (though rather few of the mane cast, again assuming that they will represent the movie's main cast.)
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Also, unless you go with the novel where the whole place is carpetbombed and the few survivors are imprisoned for life.
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Thinking at least one of the deaths people will be cheering for.

Current (provisional) cast (not too sure about Applejack)
Alan Grant - Applejack (Ah've dehcided naht tah endorse y'all's park.)
Ellie Sattler - Rarity (We can make it if we run)
Muldoon - Twilight Sparkle (They should all be destroyed)
Malcolm - Pinkie Pie (My pinkie sense is tingling)
Hammond - Celestia (We've taken the utmost of security precautions)
Gennaro - Prince Blueblood (We're going to make a lot of money from this)
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:22 pm

I was sorta hoping you'd use Blueblood as Nedry instead. Hmm, or maybe it should be Trixie? Nailed Pinkie as Malcolm though. Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) 983518067

Applejack as Grant... well, if only because of the hat. Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) 2399354315 By this logic though, Braeburn works just as well. Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) 2403429548 But yeah, I don't think there's anyone in the mane cast who'll work better. I mean, it's obviously not RD or Rarity.
I thought of Sattler as more of a Fluttershy (stays with a sick triceratops, likes the animals but can do action when pushed), and I've no idea where I'd put Rarity. No guess as to who replaces Hammond's grandkids (add a third one, just to keep the theme?).

Also, the tyrannosaurus at the end MUST be purple with green spines. Green fire optional.
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Next section, after they arrive at the park.

Applejack watched the colts at work around the raptor pen. She could hear the sound of the raptors inside.

"Applejack! As I was saying, we laid on lunch for you before you go into the park," said Celestia as the others caught up with her. "Our gourmet chef, Alejandro–" 

"What in tarnation are they doing?" interrupted Applejack, looking at the bull being lifted up by one of the unicorns at work. Celestia smiled, and waited a second before replying "Feeding them." 

"Alejandro's prepared a delightful menu for us. Chilean sea grass, I believe," continued Celestia with a little chuckle at the end. "Shall we?" Applejack showed no signs of hearing her and walked to the perimeter overlooking the raptor cage. Another pair of unicorns were retracting the enchanted fence to allow the bull to pass through. The bull lowed, anxiously this time, as he dropped into the simulated jungle.

Finally the unicorn lowering it had finished, and there was a rustling in the trees. The sound of a struggle, the frightened cries of the bull, and the sound of feeding filled the air. Blueblood, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie were all visibly moved by the feeding ritual, and had to turn away.

"They should all be destroyed," said a strange unicorn mare coming towards them. "Ha, aha. Twilight, Twilight Sparkle. My game warden from the Everfree. Bit of an alarmist I'm afraid, but knows more about the raptors than anyone."

"What kind of metabolism do they have?" asked Applejack, continuing 
"What's their growth rate?"

Twilight didn't even need the time to think before replying "They're lethal at eight months, and I do mean lethal." She paused. "I've hunted most things that can hunt you, but the way these things move..." 

"Fast for a biped?" was Applejack's next question. "Cheetah speed. Fifty, sixty miles an hour if they ever got out into the open, and they're astonishing jumpers..." said Twilight, with a sidelong glance at Celestia, who leapt in saying "Yes, yes, yes. That's why we're taking extreme precautions." She turned to Rarity, and continued "The viewing area is over there, and...", eventually being drowned out by Applejack.

"Do they show intelligence? With their brain cavity..." asked Applejack. "They show extraordinary intelligence, even problem-solving intelligent." was Twilight's answer, and there was grudging respect in her tone. "Especially the big one. We bred eight originally, but when she came in she took over the pride and killed all but two of the others. That one... when she looks at you, you can see she's working things out. "
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Post edit, forgot about this part.

She paused, then went on "That's why we have to feed them like this. She had them all attacking the fences when the feeders came."

Rarity stopped listening to Celestia. "Aren't all the fences enchanted?" "That's right, but they never attack the same place twice." Twilight paused. "They were testing the fences for weaknesses systematically. They remember."

It was this moment that the feeding had stopped. The same unicorn who had lifted the bull in now lifted the remains of the frame used to carry it. It was torn, destroyed. Even the chain had been broken.

Celestia said, slightly awkwardly, "Well, who's hungry?"
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Keep it up! I very much like the movie, so a ponified version of the script is a fun read.

Although I must say that a mere retelling with pony characters isn't quite as spectacular as the whole thing can be made. With a little altering of the events to suit the new characters and personalities (RARITY being a PALEONTOLOGIST? All that dirt! Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) 2828631586) it could be made about 20% cooler. Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) 541529558
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:43 pm

Indeed.

I'm thinking of having Rainbow Dash for Alan Grant, simply for the interactions with the kids.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:46 pm

Scootaloo having to climb over the soon-to-be-powered fence (while RD simply flies over) and getting shocked, and subsequently CPR'd by RD is going to make a very very nice scene. In fact, I could just about imagine myself drawing it. Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) 1465848216

edit: Alternatively, she insists on climbing over herself while RD carries the other two.
edit2: Or, RD is simply injured from having a chariot fall down on her, so they all have to climb, just like in the movie.
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:04 pm

Okay. A trial at switching Rarity and Fluttershy.

They tracked through the jungle, slowly and cautiously. With the raptors out, there would be no second chances.

Finally, it was there. The shed. Just through the trees. The door was open.

"I can see the shed from here. We can make it if we run," suggested Fluttershy. 

"No, we can't," said Twilight, with a note of finality in her voice. Her horn sparked as the charge gathered.

"Why not?" asked Fluttershy in despair.

"Because we're being hunted." Fluttershy started breathing shallowly, the fear apparent in her posture. "In the bushes, straight ahead," Twilight continued. "It's all right."

"No, it isn't," moaned Fluttershy. 

"Run. Towards the shed," ordered Twilight. "I've got her."

"Go! Now!"

Fluttershy ran, the hunting calls of the raptors sounding behind her. In a hurry, she got to the shed and closed it shut behind her. 

"Rarity?" she called into the darkness. "Rarity? Celestia, I'm in." "Great," came Celestia's voice over the radio. Fluttershy held in her mouth the illuminating stone she had found. 

"Ahead of you is a metal staircase," crackled the radio. "Go down it." "Okay, going down," was her response. The stairs echoed as she stepped down. "After about 20 or 30 feet, you'll come to a T-junction. Take a left," continued the instructions over the radio.

Fluttershy continued down the dark corridor, the stone clutched in her mouth the only source of light. She took the left turn, and saw her worst fear. A dead end. "There's a dead end," she said over the radio. "Oh, yes, yes, there should have been a right turn. At some point." Someone else grabbed the radio.

"Hiya Fluttershy!" It was Pinkie Pie. "Just look above you, silly!" Fluttershy turned to the ceiling. Long bars ran across the roof. "You see those cables and pipes? Follow those, silly, and that's how Equestria was made!" "Oh. Okay... Following the piping," Fluttershy replied, stepping through the corridor. Eventually, she found the box.

"I see the box. It's labelled "High Thaumage". Okay."

"Fluttershy," came Celestia's voice once more. "You can't throw the main switch by hoof. You've got to pump up the primer handle in order to get the charge. It's large, flat, and grey." Fluttershy looked around, and soon spotted it. 

"Here I go," she whispered, and grasping the handle in her mouth, she lifted it. "One, two, three, four." she grunted out as she lifted it. "Okay. It's charged." "Under the words 'Contact Position', there's a round green button that says Push To Close."

"Push to close," repeated Fluttershy as she searched, and then found it. "Push it," said Celestia.

The panel on the wall lit up as she did so. "Now Fluttershy. The red buttons turn on individual park systems. Switch them on."

As she finished switching them on, the lights in the corridor lit up, and she said into the radio "Celestia, I think we're back in business!"

As she rejoiced, a raptor's head pierced the metal housing behind her and screamed. Fluttershy screamed herself, and fled. She slammed a door shut on it and fled to the wall.

A white hoof fell on her back. "Rarity," she said in relief as she grasped it in her own hooves and turned around. Rarity wasn't there. She turned to look at the hoof and saw that it was just the foreleg. It had been bitten off Rarity. She screamed. The raptor screamed and tried to get through the door. She ran up the stairs, limping as the fallen radio tugged on one of her back legs. She ran out the door, and slammed it shut in the raptor's face. She sat down and cried.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  MC Dirty Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Alright, don't have time to read it now, but I need a name so I can archive it properly.
MC Dirty
MC Dirty
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5246
Friendship Lessons : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:22 pm

Jurassic Pony.

And here's the scene everyone's been waiting for.

Twilight crept through the jungle, her horn aglow. The calls of birds and dinosaurs filtered through the air. A raptor called in front of her, past a small clearing, and the vegetations rustled. She took the scroll from her mouth and placed it on a branch. She could see the raptor.

Slowly she fully charged her horn. She sighted it on the raptor in front of her.

It wasn't the leader.

"Clever girl," she said.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:30 pm

Rarity as engineer Arnold.. yeah, that sorta works. Not much for fashion design, I suppose, and probably fits better with Wu, the geneticist (who else can design a working DNA out of extracted fossil fragments? The novel explicitly states that the DNA was constructed rather than just "patched up", so that'd be right up Rarity's alley). If you're switching RD to be Grant, Applejack will be fine as Arnold, methinks.

Other cast... Blueblood as Gennaro (a lawyer? Blueblood, alright), Trixie as Nedry (no idea why I keep wanting to make her a villain)... Opalescence as the Dilophosaurus? The only unclaimed role then is the BioSyn CEO - which, if Celestia is head of InGen, would be either Luna or Discord.
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:10 pm

Quickly throwing the scene together before it escapes my mind:

Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) JurassicPony_FenceScene

Nothing good in particular to look at yet, just trying to "see the scene".
In other news, the horribly mutilated corpse of madame Perspective has recently been found lying in a ditch just outside of town. The police are on the case.

(in hopes of somebody responding quicker than my crappy connection can load videos)
Does anybody remember what they were actually wearing in that scene? To put things in perspective, the copy of Jurassic Park that I own is on VHS. We don't even have a player for that anymore (well, a working one), so my recollection of even memorable scenes like that is somewhat spotty.
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:07 am

They wear the same clothes they've been wearing since the start of the movie, except that Alan is also wearing a red bandana type thing around his neck and the clothes are muddy.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Debesh Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Wait a minute, depressing? Jurassic Ponies are awesome!
*digs VHS out of garbage can*
Now... how the hell do I watch this?
Debesh
Debesh
Oppressed Proletarian Earth Pony

Pony Pals : 4758
Friendship Lessons : 12

Pony Profile
Name: Debesh Unnos
Spells:
Experience:
Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) Left_bar_bleue11/15Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) Empty_bar_bleue  (11/15)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mirrsen Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:27 am

Debesh wrote:Wait a minute, depressing? Jurassic Ponies are awesome!
*digs VHS out of garbage can*
Now... how the hell do I watch this?
You can't. Consider yourself depressed.
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Debesh Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:38 am

NOOOO!
CURSE YOU, DSARKER! YOUR SCHEMES ARE REVEALED!
I'm sure I can find it online somewhere. Worst case scenario, a torrent download completely legal purchase.
Debesh
Debesh

Pony Pals : 4758
Friendship Lessons : 12

Pony Profile
Name: Debesh Unnos
Spells:
Experience:
Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) Left_bar_bleue11/15Jurassic Pony (Dsarker continues with the depressing fics) Empty_bar_bleue  (11/15)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:20 am

I'm lucky. I managed to pick up a collectors esition with all three movies on DVD a short time ago.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum