Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*snip**snip*

Go down

*snip**snip* Empty *snip**snip*

Post  Guest Thu May 24, 2012 4:15 am

*snip*

Last edited by NobodyPro on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:05 am; edited 9 times in total

Back to top Go down

*snip**snip* Empty Re: *snip**snip*

Post  Andal Thu May 24, 2012 5:03 am

Interesting. I'll be watching for more.

Crossover fics not usually my cup of tea, but if you want help with edits, let me know.

You have some grammatical/spelling/capitalization/punctuation errors, but you did say this is unedited, so I'll leave it at that.

Are you going to further explain at some point how exactly Pinkie arrived wherever she is? Right now, it's a bit of a deus ex machina.

Additionally, perhaps more thought into why they wouldn't have killed her immediately? She is (at least in their eyes) an eldritch abomination that appeared out of nowhere. Maybe you have, and I am just too unfamiliar with Skyrim lore. Which is entirely possible.
Andal
Andal
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 6045
Friendship Lessons : 17

Pony Profile
Name: Andal
Spells:
Experience:
*snip**snip* Left_bar_bleue13/0*snip**snip* Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Text version posted with 100% more Moira Brown.

@Andal
Feel free to point out things that need correcting. It's been a while since I wrote fiction so some aspects of the English language are getting to me (lack of rules regarding !? or ?... foremost amongst them).

I guess I never put much thought into why Pinkie wasn't murderised upon discovery. I'll probably end up putting in something about how the 'royal-guard nord' (Gen. Tullius) is confused at the way Pinkie (who he thinks is a bound daedric summon) isn't killing the Stormcloaks or the Imperials.

As for the reason, here's the original prologue (with bits still missing):
Original prologue draft:
I'm going to redo it all but I still want to keep the idea of Pinkie surpassing reality through the power of belief.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Thu May 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Typical Pinkie screwing with physics and reality? Works for me. Prologue will help.

First, some edits in red! It's all broken up, I deleted what wasn't being fiddled with. And I probably missed some things, as I'm doing this before I head to work.

Spoiler:

Some additional pointers. You need to pick either ' or " for your dialogue, as right now you have a mix of the two and it can be confusing. Secondly, an issue with sentences such as this one:

She heard Lokir's voice in the darkness, “Come little pony, this is no place for you.”

This is a rather abnormal dialogue structure, and is a bit jarring. You should decide whether you want your dialogue to remain embedded in which case you need to add "saying" or something similar, or break it up as follows:

She heard Lokir's voice in the darkness.

"Come little pony, this is no place for you."

Lastly, you seem to write a lot of sentences like this:

The blood drained out of his face as he looked around, his claws began to shake.

The issue with this is that the grammatical structure here is off. The way it is written, you have two sentences joined by a comma. There needs to be an "and" after the comma to blend the two into one coherent sentence. Or, in a different situation, other punctuation can be used instead, like ";" and ":", as is needed. Basic rule of thumb is if it seems you could swap the comma for a period and you'd have two functional sentences, they need to be joined more smoothly, or separated completely.

I believe the proper punctuation for "!?" or "?!" is whichever one you like better. "?..." and "...?" on the other hand should be avoided. Just use a question mark, the ellipsis is overkill. If you absolutely have to use it, "...?" seems proper for a sentence trailing off into a question.

If you have any questions, please let me know. And if this seems overwhelming, don't worry! You write well, there are just a few little stumbling blocks. And feel free to ignore me if you think I'm off my rocker. Anyone else reading this, feel free to correct me if I'm giving bad advice.
Andal
Andal

Pony Pals : 6045
Friendship Lessons : 17

Pony Profile
Name: Andal
Spells:
Experience:
*snip**snip* Left_bar_bleue13/0*snip**snip* Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2012 3:41 am

Okay, so the first chapter is finished if you don't count further editing.

Twilight's Nobody's list of things to finish before uploading it to FiMFiction:
[ ] Write Prologue
[ ] Edit Prologue
[X] Write Chapter 1
[/] Edit Chapter 1
[ ] Probably write Chapter 2
[/] Make cover art

I'm half-way there!

Applejack's dialogue is just going to be one huge redline isn't it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum