Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

email spam because of following threads automated

2 posters

Go down

email spam because of following threads automated Empty email spam because of following threads automated

Post  Johuotar Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:12 pm

Every time I post I the forums decide that I want to get lots of email when someone replies to that thread. I can stop following threads but is there way to avoid having to do this manually? I've looked everywhere but I can't find option about following threads.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5421
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

email spam because of following threads automated Empty Re: email spam because of following threads automated

Post  Sean Mirrsen Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Go to Profile (up top in the blue strip), there find a Preferences page, and look for a line reading "Always notify me of replies". Set that to "No".

Once that's done, any new threads or replies you make will not cause you to get emails, but any threads you're already following you will have to unsubscribe from manually.
Sean Mirrsen
Sean Mirrsen
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5178
Friendship Lessons : -7

Back to top Go down

email spam because of following threads automated Empty Re: email spam because of following threads automated

Post  Johuotar Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:39 pm

Funny thing, I had already done that and I think it worked. I somehow failed to notice it worked. Must have been because of those old threads that I was following already.
Johuotar
Johuotar
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5421
Friendship Lessons : -5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum