Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

+7
Slag
Andal
Zangi
Kaijyuu
Jervill
XantalosoftheXanalok
Necro910
11 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:15 pm

Excuse me, guys.
Spoiler:
Please explain.

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  Necro910 Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:33 pm

NobodyPro wrote:Excuse me, guys.
Spoiler:
Please explain.
Spin-off series that's going to come out called "Equestria Girls".

Anthro MLP cast in 'human' world. Not much information is out, but Spike's going to be a dog. I'll wait until it comes out to say whether it's good or not, but I'm guessing it isn't going to be that good.
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10913
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue9/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:02 pm

Necro910 wrote:
NobodyPro wrote:Excuse me, guys.
Spoiler:
Please explain.
Spin-off series that's going to come out called "Equestria Girls".

Anthro MLP cast in 'human' world. Not much information is out, but Spike's going to be a dog. I'll wait until it comes out to say whether it's good or not, but I'm guessing it isn't going to be that good.

Eh, I don't think it can get much worse than the original.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Pals : 5477
Friendship Lessons : -9

Pony Profile
Name: Dsarker
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue99999/100000My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

https://mylittleponyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:31 pm

Even though you dislike the show (for some reason... why do you still hang out with us, exactly? It's certainly not for the show's sake) I think even you must admit there's vast room for degradation in quality.

At best, I'm pretty sure the only thing it could manage is to be about as good as Season 1, anyway.

The character designs aren't all that nice, either.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6631
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue69/99My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:09 am

Slag wrote:Even though you dislike the show (for some reason... why do you still hang out with us, exactly? It's certainly not for the show's sake) I think even you must admit there's vast room for degradation in quality.

At best, I'm pretty sure the only thing it could manage is to be about as good as Season 1, anyway.

The character designs aren't all that nice, either.

It's because I love you guys.

Spoiler:

But yeah. It's the character designs I find most repulsive.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue99999/100000My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:59 am

They left ears, coat/skin tone, wings and cutie marks. So where the bloody hell are the horns on Rarity and Twi?
Andal
Andal
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 6015
Friendship Lessons : 17

Pony Profile
Name: Andal
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue13/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Necro910 Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:27 am

Andal wrote:They left ears, coat/skin tone, wings and cutie marks. So where the bloody hell are the horns on Rarity and Twi?
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 2752327810
Necro910
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 10913
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue9/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:08 am

Necro910 wrote:
Andal wrote:They left ears, coat/skin tone, wings and cutie marks. So where the bloody hell are the horns on Rarity and Twi?

Oh, they're horny alright.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:36 am

Dsarker wrote:
Necro910 wrote:

Oh, they're horny alright.
Gah. I walked right into that one, didn't I? Well played, y'all.
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue13/0My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:24 pm

It would appear that they scrapped the horns altogether. Now Twilight's got wings and Rarity doesn't for 3 normals and 3 winged.

I can't say I like how... scrawny they are. Sort of makes me think 'anorexia'.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue69/99My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Andal Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Slag wrote:It would appear that they scrapped the horns altogether. Now Twilight's got wings and Rarity doesn't for 3 normals and 3 winged.

Yeah, currently they kinda just look like recognizable characteristics of each pony slapped on the exact same bobble-headed stick figure. Would be nice to see some height and build variation, i.e. AJ and RD muscled and athletic, Pinkie being more full-bodied, and perhaps Fluttershy be the only one that's willowy looking. I mean shit, AJ looks like her arms would snap in half if she tried to lift something. They all do, really.
Andal
Andal

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:22 pm

Andal wrote:
Slag wrote:It would appear that they scrapped the horns altogether. Now Twilight's got wings and Rarity doesn't for 3 normals and 3 winged.

Yeah, currently they kinda just look like recognizable characteristics of each pony slapped on the exact same bobble-headed stick figure. Would be nice to see some height and build variation, i.e. AJ and RD muscled and athletic, Pinkie being more full-bodied, and perhaps Fluttershy be the only one that's willowy looking. I mean shit, AJ looks like her arms would snap in half if she tried to lift something. They all do, really.

Hmmm... Tempting proposition to do a Friends in Need about these ones.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:33 pm

Baby face, bobble head, and stick figureanorexia... by your unholy powers combined...

Oh... they are totally in need...
Zangi
Zangi

Pony Pals : 5571
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Sandy
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/1My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jervill Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:30 pm

The designs do bug me a bit, Littlest Pet Shop has the same problem, except with even larger heads and smaller bodies. But what bugs me the most is Applejack wearing makeup and Rainbow Dash in a skirt.

Also, we have absolutely no idea who's working on it, for good or ill.
Jervill
Jervill

Pony Pals : 4970
Friendship Lessons : 0

Pony Profile
Name: Jervill
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue10/42My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/42)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:40 am

Zangi wrote:Baby face, bobble head, and stick figureanorexia... by your unholy powers combined...

Oh... they are totally in need...

Nice going. Now I'm not sure if you're implying a torture fic or a fic of the type that got us banned on the twelfth bay. Thanks.

Razz
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:52 am

So this is confirmed to not be airing on The HUB. Let's hope that means we've been trolled hard by Hasbro.

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:34 am

Or it was just them testing the waters to see if there would be any interest in such a style of show, and since the overwhelming opinion is 'oh God GET IT AWAY' they've decided that it might not do so well.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:55 am

Slag wrote:Or it was just them testing the waters to see if there would be any interest in such a style of show, and since the overwhelming opinion is 'oh God GET IT AWAY' they've decided that it might not do so well.
I've got this hilarious mental image of a Hasbro marketing team revealing Equestria Girls to a group of their target demographic, causing a panic and traumatizing a room of little girls.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:56 am

NobodyPro wrote:
Slag wrote:Or it was just them testing the waters to see if there would be any interest in such a style of show, and since the overwhelming opinion is 'oh God GET IT AWAY' they've decided that it might not do so well.
I've got this hilarious mental image of a Hasbro marketing team revealing Equestria Girls to a group of their target demographic, causing a panic and traumatizing a room of little girls.

Eh, I wouldn't say it would be a terrible design in and of itself. It just gives an entirely different feel from the main show and does not fit in with how we see the characters.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  XantalosoftheXanalok Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:12 am

XantalosoftheXanalok
XantalosoftheXanalok
Oppressed Proletarian Earth Pony

Pony Pals : 5130

Pony Profile
Name: Xantalos
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue10/10My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:59 pm

Watching S3 E6 up to the end, all the bits I've missed. Psychoanalytic-Luna is best pony.
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5550
Friendship Lessons : 3

Pony Profile
Name: VIDEO NON OMNES
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1337/42My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/42)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=54290

Back to top Go down

Post  XantalosoftheXanalok Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:29 am

Loud Whispers wrote:Watching S3 E6 up to the end, all the bits I've missed. Psychoanalytic-Luna is best pony.
What was this oh yeah.
Also, anyone else think that Twilight really isn't suited for duties as head of state considering her upbringing and personality?
XantalosoftheXanalok
XantalosoftheXanalok

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue10/10My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:06 am

XantalosoftheXanalok wrote:
Loud Whispers wrote:Watching S3 E6 up to the end, all the bits I've missed. Psychoanalytic-Luna is best pony.
What was this oh yeah.
Also, anyone else think that Twilight really isn't suited for duties as head of state considering her upbringing and personality?
I would have to agree, though, as I mentioned earlier... they did hand-wave her tendency to get nervous and stuff in a relatively short time.
Zangi
Zangi

Pony Pals : 5571
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Sandy
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/1My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  XantalosoftheXanalok Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:52 am

Zangi wrote:
XantalosoftheXanalok wrote:
What was this oh yeah.
I would have to agree, though, as I mentioned earlier... they did hand-wave her tendency to get nervous and stuff in a relatively short time.
Princess, why are you taking pills?
Why it's to prevent me from killing you all from my innate mental problems, my dear!
XantalosoftheXanalok
XantalosoftheXanalok

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jervill Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Is she qualified now? Probably not. But that's kind of the point; more stories can be written of her adjusting to a new position and learning how to be a leader.

And one episode learning how to cope at least a little is not a "hand wave".
Jervill
Jervill

Pony Pals : 4970
Friendship Lessons : 0

Pony Profile
Name: Jervill
Spells:
Experience:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue10/42My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/42)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next