Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond!

4 posters

Go down

Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond! Empty Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond!

Post  Zangi Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:02 am

And so we begin... the dawn of a new era for Equestria(Earth/Sol System). It begins with much bloodshed and fighting between the 3 races of ponykind.

Pegasi of the Military Dictatorship, Pegasopolis
Unicorns of the High Imperial Monarchy, Unicornia
Earth Ponies of the Family Council, Earth Clan

I've already set it all up in Aurora, conventional start so it starts with a free-for-all ground war between the three races. (Mechanic-wise, Pegasus attacks Unicorn, Unicorn attack Earth, Earth attacks Pegasus.)
RNG has not been kind to the Earth Clan, considering it. Family Council also puts them way behind on research... with the Unicorns having 3 to their 1. Also, can't be arsed to name every significant Ponyany character, either way, ultimate plan is for unification.... then to space.
Cheated the heck out of the system and all the colonizable planets with lotsa resources, but, NPR generation is 100% for when I finally do head on out.

On that note, a few more tweeks and its go-time. The ground war itself should take a few months if not years...

EDIT: In actuality, I can do it this way...
Ya'll can request a character, with said character, you can do an action, that would influence the war or other related thing in a positive or negative way for your side. So yea, you can influence which race wins. In the end, 1 must come out on top, somehow.
One 'Action' per three month game time

Available Characters:
Spoiler:

1st Month, War is declared. (Yay)

EDIT 2: I've made a copy of the game so I can go and play that without have to wait for anything.

EDIT 3: My own side game update:
Spoiler:

Technically... I can move time along 5 days at a time instead of a month at a time... but, moving things along by month increases the chance of 'new stuff' happening that can slightly tip the balance, like new ground commanders... or forced retirement... well that is actually the only thing that would tip it I think.

Hmmm... may have to change some variables, current forces are way too weak to force a surrender... I'll have to make some tweaks to run a proper game for that... actually, conventional as it is does not have enough flavor to go about it either...
Zangi
Zangi
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 5572
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Sandy
Spells:
Experience:
Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond! Left_bar_bleue1/1Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond! Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond! Empty Re: Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond!

Post  Slag Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:41 am

Ah, Aurora. I cannot run it on my computer, because it does not install correctly.

I've heard, though, that it's a really bad idea to get into a war on Earth without expanding into the stars a bit first, because A it's a lot more boring, and B you're fucking up your own home.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6632
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond! Left_bar_bleue69/99Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond! Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond! Empty Re: Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond!

Post  Zangi Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:24 am

Shoot, that is really a mess of edits up there...

Aurora has the basis for an automated ground combat simulator, its up to the players to add in flavor...

Ground Unit Types - A = Attack, D = Defense, C = Cost
Spoiler:

Characters
Spoiler:

@Slag, meh, I can just SM it to be fixed if its that bad. From initial conventional fighting, buildings get destroyed, but no radiation or dust got kicked up. The better troops might just be the same... but hey, war destroys things and I can always make terraformers.

Is it the MSSTDFMT.dll error? Fix is bottom of here.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Zangi on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Zangi
Zangi

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond! Left_bar_bleue1/1Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond! Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:57 am

It's not that. The game just does not want to run on my computer. There's a wide variety of errors that it produces based on what I click. I installed it as according to the guides, it just does not work.
Slag
Slag
Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 6632
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond! Left_bar_bleue69/99Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond! Empty_bar_bleue  (69/99)

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Dice Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:11 pm

Even with the guides, there's a chance that it didn't install correctly. Been ages since I installed it, as I've been transferring everything around on a USB drive. In any case, the reason for not starting with multiple factions on the same planet was that, in earlier versions, any controlled by the AI would happily nuke everyone into oblivion. You could get around that manually (by playing every faction) or (in 6.x, IIRC) Steve has changed some things to prevent MAD.

In any case, bravo for attempting a campaign with multiple factions to manage (assuming that's what you're doing); I've never had the patience to carry one for long enough to be worthwhile. Much easier to start with a few 1000% difficulty NPRs and let the desperate struggle against thousands of superior xenos ships tell itself. Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond! 325577184
Flying Dice
Flying Dice
Badmin
Badmin

Pony Pals : 6812
Friendship Lessons : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:13 pm

Never got into Aurora. I've no doubt it would be fun to play (eventually), but so much more fun (and less difficult) to play DF.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Pals : 5478
Friendship Lessons : -9

Pony Profile
Name: Dsarker
Spells:
Experience:
Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond! Left_bar_bleue99999/100000Aurora; Equestrian War... and beyond! Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

https://mylittleponyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zangi Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Flying Dice wrote:In any case, bravo for attempting a campaign with multiple factions to manage (assuming that's what you're doing); I've never had the patience to carry one for long enough to be worthwhile. Much easier to start with a few 1000% difficulty NPRs and let the desperate struggle against thousands of superior xenos ships tell itself. :vZNbC:

No, I am not that brave, I just set up the pins and loose them on each other on the ground combat scheme. Winner becomes the United Equestrian Federation or something like that. The end bonus is that I'll have all 3 pony races, mostly for flavor.

EDIT: 6.3 records 'kills'... and considering it, in a normal game, ground troops and ground commanders do a heck of a lot of nothing... maybe SMing in full scale NPR-controlled rebellions every now and then would be cool...
Zangi
Zangi

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down