Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dsarker's WiP Collection

Go down

Dsarker's WiP Collection Empty Dsarker's WiP Collection

Post  Dsarker Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:15 pm

The following FiMfics will be collected here:

Thank you for your patience in waiting for these stories.

Last edited by Dsarker on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Pals : 5478
Friendship Lessons : -9

Pony Profile
Name: Dsarker
Spells:
Experience:
Dsarker's WiP Collection Left_bar_bleue99999/100000Dsarker's WiP Collection Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

https://mylittleponyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dsarker's WiP Collection Empty Blueblood Apologetics

Post  Dsarker Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:19 pm

THE FINISHED WORK.

Tagline - For there to be a hero, first there must be a villain...

Blueblood anxiously pawwed at his clothes, breathing deep. 'Calm', he told himself. 'Got to be calm.' The bouquet of roses he was holding with his magic trembled a bit with him, his nerves almost getting out of control. She'd been the one to suggest it, not him.

He'd almost felt too nervous to accept, but had hurriedly spat out a garbled "Yes, of course I will!" And now he was here. He'd walked most of the way. He didn't know how his aunts would react to him going out with an earth pony, and his sister... Well, he just didn't want her to know. Not yet. Cadie was always the one to say he'd find a very special somepony, someday. But even now, he didn't want her to know.

It wasn't that it wa- His train of thought was interrupted as somepony opened the door, a pony he didn't know. She was another unicorn, but she carried herself very differently. "Yeah?" she asked. "Whatcha want?"

"Um," stammered the prince, trying to explain himself, "I'm, I'm here to see Octavia?" His voice refused to stay calm, quavering as he said so. The other pony stared at him for a second, then turned inside, and called out to whoever was inside.

"Tavi, there's a stallion here to see ya. Finally got a date, hey?" Blueblood didn't precisely know who this unicorn was, but he wasn't entirely sure about her. 'Stay calm,' he reminded himself. 'She's probably one of Octavia's friends.' Blueblood hadn't spent much time out of the castle, but that was how friends talked to each other. Probably. Aunt Celestia hadn't let him out unguarded, and Aunt Luna was much the same. If he hadn't snuck out tonight, there would probably be a group of guards making sure he was 'safe'... or, to be more correct, alone.

He was dragged from this train of thought by Octavia's appearance. The earthpony mare was just as he remembered her. Just as stunningly beautiful as when he first saw her...as when he had finally built up the courage to talk to her. Her coat sparkled like the moon at night, and he couldn't stop himself just gazing at her beauty.

She giggled, and walked over to him. "Hello, Blueblood. I see you're on time." Her face was mischievous as she spoke to him, and his jaw dropped. He stammered for a bit, and held out the flowers. "Oh, are these for me?" she asked happily. "They're beautiful. Thank you, Blueblood!"

He tried to stammer out something, about how it was nothing compared to her beauty, but she silenced him, placing a hoof on his lips. "Shhh," she said, still smiling. "We'll have all night. No need to say it all at one time." He gratefully nodded, thanking her silently for her understanding. He knew right now that she was the pony. The pony he loved.

"I have just the place in mind," Octavia said with a cheeky grin on her face. "Palomino's. Come on, I'll take you there." Blueblood allowed himself to be guided along the street by the mare, who at least seemed to be enjoying the date. He was, too, he had to admit. Despite it being an unfamiliar process, he was enjoying it. He couldn’t really decide whether it was because of the adventure, or because of the entrancing mare with him.
The night was a nice one, as well. The muted lights of the city didn’t block out the beautiful stars above, and Blueblood was happy. The cool breeze wasn’t cold enough to be uncomfortable, and he couldn’t think of a better night for what they were doing.
It wasn’t long before they arrived at the diner Octavia had mentioned, the bright neon sign reflecting on the windows. Octavia pushed open the door, and beckoned Blueblood to follow her in. The diner was small, and empty – only three other ponies were eating there, a group of pegasi over in a dark corner. Octavia didn’t seem to worry about them, bringing Blueblood over to a two-pony table. As they sat down, Octavia smiled again at Blueblood, who felt slightly uncomfortable in this place. He had to admit, he wasn’t used to eating in the same room as other people. But Octavia was here, so that made it all the better. He smiled back at her, content in this moment like he never had been before.

Another earth pony mare came over, and asked in a slight drawl “Hey there, Octavia, mystery stallion. Who’s the colt?”

Blueblood was about to speak up, when Octavia gave him another smile and said “This is Blueblood. This is our first date.” The other earth pony looked over Blueblood with a critical eye, and Blueblood was feeling distinctly uncomfortable by now. Perhaps this hadn’t been such a good idea.

At last, she stopped, and nodded to Octavia. “He looks like a cute colt. So…” and she took a pad out of her saddlebag, putting it on the table with a pencil, “what’ll you two be having?”

Blueblood didn’t quite know what to say, but Octavia did. “We’ll have the salad, please, Bonne. Thanks,” she said with a smile at the earth pony, who scribbled something down, and left the two. Octavia smiled back at Blueblood. “Didn’t scare you too much, did she?” she asked with humour in her voice. “She likes to know everything that’s going on. You don’t need to worry about her.”

Blueblood’s mood lifted a bit at Octavia’s kind words. “I…I guess I’m just not too used to talking with people,” he said with a little chuckle. “I suppose it just takes a bit of practice.” Octavia was still smiling at him gently, and he took heart that he hadn’t ruined the evening…yet, at least.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be used to it in no time, my prince,” Octavia says, with a teasing inflection on her last words. Blueblood’s cheeks reddened in a blush. This was the first time she had referred to his nobility, and he wasn’t quite sure what she meant.

His wondering was interrupted by the return of Bonne, carrying a long and shallow bowl. As she laid it down, Blueblood could see that in it was a salad with romaine and spinach lettuce, red cabbage, green and black olives, cheddar, swiss and fresh mozarella, cucumber and strips of red and yellow bell pepper, with what looked like red wine vinegar and olive oil infused with basil, onion, garlic, and black pepper dressing. On the side were a few fresh greens, including celery, broccoli, cauliflower and peeled carrots served with a dip of some sort.

Octavia smiled over the meal at him. “I think you’ll like this, my biggest fan.” Blueblood’s blush deepened at her words, and he turned his face down, unable to meet her gaze.

“Um…I… think I will, too,” replies Blueblood, almost whispering.

Octavia nudges him. “Are you okay, Blueblood?” she asks in concern. “I hope I’m not making you too uncomfortable.” Blueblood looks up to her with a little smile, and nods. “No, no…I’m just…Just a bit new to this. Um…I…I actually haven’t been out…in the town, I mean, by myself.”

“It’s okay,” says Octavia with a gentle smile. “I’m new to this thing too. But…Are you enjoying it?” she asked, with a hint of anxiousness in her voice. She looked to Blueblood, hopeful for his approval, and he for his part could not refuse it.

“Of course I am,” he said, smiling, almost relieved that she was anxious too. “It’s…It’s just good to be… to be with you.” Almost to prove he was enjoying it, he took a bite from the salad before them both, and smiled. “I do like it, my lady,” he says, a little bit of humour in his tone again. The anxiety left the room in those words, and the two ponies instantly felt more comfortable in each others’ company.

As they ate, they talked about each other. Octavia told him about how she came to meet Vinyl Scratch (the unicorn who had answered the door, as it turned out), where she had learned to play the cello (her skills at playing it she downplayed, humbly stating that there were many others who played the cello far better than she did, though Blueblood privately doubted this) and about her parents (apparently, heard Blueblood with nerves playing up again, she had told them about the date, and they were very eager to meet him. He hoped they’d still be so happy after they had met him). In his turn, Blueblood told her about his sister, Cadence (who, it was true, was not as well known even as he was, and he wasn’t known at all. He didn’t tell her about Cadence’s hope of him finding a mare he’d fall in love with, though), and his aunts, Celestia and Luna (he tried not to talk too much about them, lest his unhappiness with them come out. With any luck, she’d never have to deal with them).

But all too soon, the dinner finished, and it was time to be off. Bonne came back to their table with the bill at the ready, and Blueblood counted out the bits, before passing them to Bonne with a little smile on his face. She nodded, and left the two to make their way out. They walked back to Octavia’s residence, talking quietly on the way.

Finally, at last, they were at Octavia’s house. Blueblood was loath to leave her now, but hopeful that it would only be a short parting. He smiled at Octavia, and said “Well…We’re here. I hope…I hope you enjoyed tonight.”

Before he could react, she kissed him, and smiling, answered “I loved it, my Nocturne. Shall we do it again?”

Blueblood, still stunned, managed to garble out a “Sure” before his mouth finally caught up with his brain. “Uh, yes, yes, of course!”

Octavia, for her part, seemed amused at the effect of her actions on him. “Then I will arrange for another night for us to go out, my Nocturne. Be safe,” and with that, she went inside. Blueblood, still dazed, began walking back to the palace, trusting in his talent to keep him the right way.

“Where have you been?” called his sister as Blueblood tiptoed into the palace. He flinched in dismay, before turning to her.

“It’s none of your business,” he said, before making to continue on his way to bed.

“Aunty Celly noticed you were gone at dinner,” Cadence informed him primly. Blueblood’s heart sank. That would mean another ‘discussion’. Another talk from Aunt Celestia about how ‘they were so worried’ and how it was ‘so irresponsible’. At least…

“…Wait,” said Cadence, interrupting his thoughts. “There’s something different about you. What were you doing? Where were you?” Blueblood froze. No, there was no way she’d know.

“Nothing! I was just going out wit-“ he spurt out, before he realised his mistake.

Cadence’s eyes sparkled with delight and surprise. “You’ve found a marefriend? Oh, brother! I told you that you would! Oh, who is it? What’s her name?” Blueblood blushed furiously, and stamped off indignantly. “Awww, brother, come on, I don’t mean to be embarrassing! I just want to hear about what you’ve been doing…Who you’re dating.”

Blueblood forced himself to be calm, and replied to his sister, saying “An earth pony mare. Her name is Octavia. She’s a musician. That’s all I’ll tell you.” Cadence nodded, with a slight hint of sadness at her brother’s secretive behaviour. She was just about to reply when Blueblood spoke again, continuing “And you are not to tell Aunt Celestia or Aunt Luna about her. I don’t want anypony to know.”

“But brother, why shouldn’t they know?” Cadence wanted to know. But the answer would have to wait for another time. For at that moment the doors opened again, and in walked Celestia, gazing sternly at Blueblood. “Nephew of mine, come with me. We have a matter to discuss.”

Celestia and Blueblood sat opposite, Celestia looming over her nephew. “So, nephew,” she began, “I know you have been out of the palace. I also know what you have been doing.” Blueblood seethed, but tried to hide it. This constant surveillance was part of why he hated her, and he knew that she knew it.

“Yes? So what?” he demanded, anger making him rash. Celestia peered at him, disappointment in her face. Blueblood didn’t particularly care. Let her be disappointed in him. She wasn’t the pony whose approval he sought. Not now.

“My nephew, I am disappointed in this relationship. You know better than how you appear to act. Your ‘love’ is ill-fated and ill-based,” Celestia spoke again in a chiding tone. “I have already received note of a pony far more suitable for you, my nephew. A unicorn mare of far more class than that earth pony.” Blueblood was furious. It was only by the highest levels of self control that he remained sitting.

“You will meet her at the Gala. I will brook no argument from you on this matter,” said Celestia with finality, and she left the room.

Blueblood fumed for a moment, before he spoke to the empty room.

“I know I cannot change your mind, Aunt,” he started, “And I know this meeting will happen. But you cannot choose the mare’s mind! And if I cannot make you dislike this relationship, then I can make her! You know my talent. And I will use it.”

THE END
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
Dsarker's WiP Collection Left_bar_bleue99999/100000Dsarker's WiP Collection Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/100000)

Back to top Go down

Dsarker's WiP Collection Empty My Faithful Student

Post  Dsarker Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:14 am

WORK IN PROGRESS

Tagline - "Your Faithful Student, Sweetie Belle".

Sweetie Belle wriggled her way out of Rarity’s fussing. “Sis, I’m not a little foal anymore! I can do this for myself!”

"I know, Sweetie, but... Oh, I'm just so excited for this to finally come for you. I remember when I met my mentor for the first time. And Fluttershy is such a good mare, too!" Rarity smiled. "She's such a gentle pony. I've no doubt she'll be a great mentor.” Finally finishing up with her sister’s dress, Rarity stood up with pride.

Sweetie Belle, on the other hoof, wasn’t so proud. “You’re dressing me up like a bride,” she complained, not quite as happy with the fancy dress as Rarity might have thought. “I don’t really have to wear this get-up, do I? We’ll be doing more than just looking pretty.” She glared at Rarity.

“Oh, I know, I know…” said Rarity, trying to pacify her sister. “But it’s the last time I’ll really get to do this, Sweetie Belle. Oh, I am going to miss you so much! And... you are going to want to make a good impression, dear.”

“A good impression?” asked Sweetie Belle, frustration starting to seep into her voice. “Rarity, Fluttershy already knows me! It’s not like she’ll change her opinion of me just because I’m wearing a pretty dress!”

“Yes, I know… But still… It shows your seriousness about this. That’s important. You know ponies will talk about it if you don’t take it seriously. You’re still my little sister…I do still want to look out for you.” Rarity's smile had a touch of sadness in it. "I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

With one last look over, Rarity smiled a bit more happily. "Well, Sweetie Belle, I think we're finished here. Come on, I'll take you over to Fluttershy's." And with that, she took Sweetie Belle from her home, for what Rarity had a slight fear would be the last time.

The walk through Ponyville was pleasant. The sun was shining, and everypony was out and about on their usual travels. Sweetie Belle saw, up in the sky, Scootaloo and her teacher, Rainbow Dash. They were flying about, doing their pegasus stuff. Sweetie Belle smiled as she remembered how all three of them (Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Applebloom) had got their cutie marks.

As if on cue, as they passed the library Applebloom opened the door, accompanied by Twilight Sparkle. “Oh, hello there Rarity and Sweetie Belle,” said Twilight Sparkle, smiling to see the two ponies. “Is this the day Sweetie Belle goes over to…Fluttershy, wasn’t it?”

Rarity nodded, returning Twilight Sparkle’s smile. “Yes, it is. Fluttershy was very generous to accept Sweetie Belle, but then she always was a dear.” She looked tenderly at Sweetie Belle. “Though I don’t really want to say goodbye to Sweetie Belle.”

Twilight Sparkle nodded sympathetically. “I loved my time with the Princess but I did miss my parents…and my foalhood, too, sometimes. I don’t doubt they missed me too.” She closed her eyes as she remembered. “They even sent my brother to keep them up to date. But…” She opened her eyes, and smiled wide. “Those days with the Princess, they were the most enjoyable days of my life.” She smiled, almost as if at some private thought. “I still am her faithful student.”

“Even though you now have a student of your own?” asked Rarity amusedly. Twilight smiled, and nodded.

“Even so,” she agreed. “Don’t you remember your mentor? I don’t think anypony wouldn’t still call themselves their mentor’s faithful student.” Twilight Sparkle waited for a second, then shrugged with a smile. “Maybe it’s just that she was the only pony I really got to even talk to for a long time.” She looked down to Sweetie Belle. “But enough about me. This is your day, Sweetie Belle. I know Fluttershy will be a good mentor to you. Especially with your cutie mark. You couldn’t hope for a better teacher than her.”

Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes a little at Rarity. "I know. It's been what Rarity kept repeating every five minutes for the last hour as she dressed me up." For what seemed like the hundredth time that day, she glared at her older sister.

Twilight Sparkle's eyes flicked between the two, before settling on Sweetie Belle again. She leaned down towards her. "Sweetie Belle, ponies deal with change in different ways. This is just Rarity's way. She really does want the best for you." She smiled gently. "Don't worry. When you see her again, she'll be her usual self. This will just be a bad memory."

Privately, Sweetie Belle disagreed, but she supposed that Twilight Sparkle had a lot more experience with other ponies than she did. Maybe she was even right.

Rarity, however, noting the time they had spent chatting, spoke up again. "Well, my dear friend, I still have to take her to Fluttershy, so this talk will have to be cut short, unfortunately."

Twilight nodded. "Alright. Well, Sweetie Belle, if you ever need another pony to talk to, I'm always here. And Fluttershy'll always be there for you, too. Don't worry. This will be just as good for you now, as it was for me, when I was a student."
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Dsarker's WiP Collection Empty Update

Post  Dsarker Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:00 pm

Work has paused, hopefully temporarily, on My Faithful Student, due to writer's block. Current furthest update has been made on the WiP.

Current story is SONS OF CELESTIA, inspired largely by Warhammer 40 000 and Manowar.

Current status:

Prologue - COMPLETED.

Act 1: Gathering Storm - IN PROGRESS.

Act 2: Rising Storm - NOT STARTED

Act 3: Tropical Storm - NOT STARTED

Act 4: Thunder Storm - NOT STARTED

Act 5: Hail Storm - NOT STARTED

Act 6: Lightning Storm - NOT STARTED

Tagline: No blade or weapon could harm them. They killed dragon and griffin alike, and all who stood before them died that day.
Dsarker
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Dsarker's WiP Collection Empty Re: Dsarker's WiP Collection

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum