Ponies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eel-lee-ree-ad

2 posters

Go down

Eel-lee-ree-ad Empty Eel-lee-ree-ad

Post  Loud Whispers Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:27 pm

ILLYRIAD!

Illyriad, one of those village building thingummywotsits that takes days to build stuff and...

Wait... It's casual?

Summary:
*You go at any pace you like and can pretty much leave everything for days on end without consequence.
*It's quite a small community for a multiplayer strat game, and said community is agressively kind. They will bomb you with resources /care-avans/ and are vehemently opposed to violence (bit shaky around the newly introduced scarce resources though).
*It's got a token system, but it's implemented in a way that's not intrusive to the gameplay - no pay to win scenarios.
*Military depth - it isn't just sending one army at the other and the larger army emerging victorious, you've got your diplomats (thieves, sabouteurs, assassins, spies and scouts), your strategems like raiding, blockading and good ol' siege (which are refreshingly actually do different things!).
*ECONOMY! Nothing really special here but you can make your wealth entirely by an savvy trader. I'm not going to elaborate much on that Razz

Illyriad's just one of those games I'd recommend trying out just for Fun.
Plus there's bay12 history imbued in the game, seeing as the first tourney was staged by a bay watcher, and the Slaves to Armok *the bay12 collective have staked their claim over a nice lil' tropical island. Oh yeah, it's got geography in the game too.

GEOGRAPHY BSNS!!!!!!!

Erm...
Oh yeah and the developers frequently pop in to chat with the gamers and add little fun depths into the game like mysteries, tournaments and a giant army devouring plant dubbed Audrey. They generally took everything that made other games of their kind unsuccessful and did the opposite. Works well.

bay12 thread
If you want to join and give yours truly some tokens, go for it. But they don't really serve much purpose other than making shiny digital medals.
Otherwise use this link to register
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5551
Friendship Lessons : 3

Pony Profile
Name: VIDEO NON OMNES
Spells:
Experience:
Eel-lee-ree-ad Left_bar_bleue1337/42Eel-lee-ree-ad Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/42)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=54290

Back to top Go down

Eel-lee-ree-ad Empty Re: Eel-lee-ree-ad

Post  Zangi Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:43 pm

I had 3 fairly big towns way back when... gone now... Can't say I'd be able to stand making another one... was already in 'screw it, I'm just gonna sit on these 3 villages, don't want no more to manage' mode... months before I just stopped coming back.
The same can be said of other games in a similar vein.
Zangi
Zangi
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus
Second-Class Citizen Pegasus

Pony Pals : 5572
Friendship Lessons : 7

Pony Profile
Name: Sandy
Spells:
Experience:
Eel-lee-ree-ad Left_bar_bleue1/1Eel-lee-ree-ad Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Whispers Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:03 pm

I just went in head first hoping to spread bay12 ideals, like raising a Kobold camp in the most inefficient way possible right next to the rift to hell Eel-lee-ree-ad 2041042777
Loud Whispers
Loud Whispers
Magical Overlord Unicorn
Magical Overlord Unicorn

Pony Pals : 5551
Friendship Lessons : 3

Pony Profile
Name: VIDEO NON OMNES
Spells:
Experience:
Eel-lee-ree-ad Left_bar_bleue1337/42Eel-lee-ree-ad Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/42)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=54290

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum